NCAA College Football -

Comments

• Shyner said:
    Happy bama year everyone. 16-0
    If y'all don't take care of Clemson this year you should be kicked out of the SEC.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Boiler UP!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Jason P said:
    Boiler UP!!!
    my sister went to Purdue :smile:

I thought NCAA college baskeball started already when i saw this score

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400944993

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I miss Verne Lundquist.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Jason P said
    Boiler UP!!!
    my sister went to Purdue :smile:

I thought NCAA college baskeball started already when i saw this score

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400944993

I was there.  I had a 4 year old with me though so we left after the better than ezra concert and halftime... watched the rest on tv though.  Pretty nuts.  
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    Wobbie said:
    Shyner said:

bama....home of jeff sessions and roy moore.

y'all should be so proud.
    Dude you cheer for Utah, who's claim to fame outside of churning out LDS members is that Ted Bundy went there. 
    :plus_one:

ted bundy is a hell of a lot smarter than either of the dopes I mentioned.

BYU is 1-5 :triumph:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Shyner said:

bama....home of jeff sessions and roy moore.

y'all should be so proud.
    Dude you cheer for Utah, who's claim to fame outside of churning out LDS members is that Ted Bundy went there. 
    :plus_one:

ted bundy is a hell of a lot smarter than either of the dopes I mentioned.

BYU is 1-5 :triumph:
    And Bama is undefeated..... :whistle:
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Will be another year where I will remain convinced Bama runs the table until someone beats them.  With that head coach, getting the pick of the recruits, it is really a much easier game.  Doesn't mean they will win every game, but they more likely than not will be favored to. 
    So tough...
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Will be another year where I will remain convinced Bama runs the table until someone beats them.  With that head coach, getting the pick of the recruits, it is really a much easier game.  Doesn't mean they will win every game, but they more likely than not will be favored to. 
    So tough...
    Luckily there's Clemson.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I still would pick Bama.  Clemson got them last year in a classic but I like Bama this year.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    mace1229 said:
    So tough...
    Luckily there's Clemson.
    Fuck Clemson
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Roll Tide!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• mace1229 said:
    So tough...
    Luckily there's Clemson.
    Fuck Clemson
    Can you imagine what like would be like for us if they won the championship two years in a row?
    mace1229 said:
    So tough...
    Luckily there's Clemson.
    Fuck Clemson
    Can you imagine what like would be like for us if they won the championship two years in a row?
    I know you wouldn't like it but I wouldn't mind.  I just think Bama is going to be better this time H2H.  I think that Watson was the x factor in the last two back and forth games that won't be there this time. 
    mace1229 said:
    So tough...
    Luckily there's Clemson.
    Fuck Clemson
    Unbearable. Absolutely unbearable, especially since my wife's family are all taters. She's a Gamecock, thank goodness, but I can't be around her family the last couple of years during football season.

If they win back to back championships, the pressure will definitely be on Muschamp to get us to that level.
  • GO TIGERS! :lol:
    Thank you, Syracuse. Also, WTG Dabo for playing your obviously hurt QB. 
    edited October 2017
    GO TIGERS! :lol:
    We won, possibly providing the nail in Butch Jones' coffin and Clemson lost. That right there is a great weekend!

Playing through an ankle injury is usually dependent on the player though, so I wouldn't put that on Dabo. I'm surprised they went with Cooper after Bryant was knocked out. Johnson has looked better for them imo.
  • GO TIGERS! :lol:
    We won, possibly providing the nail in Butch Jones' coffin and Clemson lost. That right there is a great weekend!

Playing through an ankle injury is usually dependent on the player though, so I wouldn't put that on Dabo. I'm surprised they went with Cooper after Bryant was knocked out. Johnson has looked better for them imo.
    Yeah we won but losing Rico blows.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    11 vs. 13 in South Bend this weekend. Was really hoping Gameday was going to come to town.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    11 vs. 13 in South Bend this weekend. Was really hoping Gameday was going to come to town.
    If we play like we did against Utar then I expect ND to boat race us.   (Worst 1st half I can remember, cannot believe we still won.)
    Have soooo much talent, it is frustrating to experience some regression.  That being stated, we are still #11...only lost 1 game and have a chance to end the playoff dreams of our hater intersection rival. 
    Opening as dog for the first time this season might wake them up.

We lost the last time we visited.  Hope we come with a good game, see how things play out.

(Coaches got it right....#10 USC vs #16 ND.  :lol:)

Game Day going to see undefeated #2 PSU vs. a 1 loss UM team (#19 or #15).  Tough to argue that.
    I hope Penn State wins by 30. 
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    If we play like we did against Utar then I expect ND to boat race us.   (Worst 1st half I can remember, cannot believe we still won.)
    Have soooo much talent, it is frustrating to experience some regression.  That being stated, we are still #11...only lost 1 game and have a chance to end the playoff dreams of our hater intersection rival. 

We lost the last time we visited.  Hope we come with a good game, see how things play out.

Game Day going to see undefeated #2 PSU vs. a 1 loss UM team (#19 or #15).  Tough to argue that.
    Next week PSU comes to Columbus.  Could be back to back Game Days for Penn State.

Go Bucks!!!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:

Next week PSU comes to Columbus.  Could be back to back Game Days for Penn State.

Go Bucks!!!
    If they win both of those....wow.   Tough to win at the horseshoe, even w/o having to contend with a Harbaugh coached team the week prior.
    On that, my friend, we can agree. I cannot stand UM more than any other school. I look forward to the renewed rivalry (short lived as it may be).
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Roll Tide!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Gonna be back in the student section on Saturday. #5 is pretty crazy, and really all we have to do to make the playoffs is beat Michigan at home, and then win the B1G Championship. Not saying that's easy, but still. Pretty amazing team I'm getting to watch my freshman year.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
    Just jinxed your team....college football is a fickle lady.  Watch you don't lose to Iowa or some unranked squad.  Happens in college football.
    edited October 2017
    :lucky:

Go IRISH!
    Beat the Irish!
    I told my 3 year old that the reason he was wearing one of his USC jerseys today was because we were Dogs and needed a big win today.
    He didn't get that obviously but got to pretend he was a dog, which was fun for him.

I know Bob, he's a great guy and a huge SC fan:

It's the game I look forward to more than any other every year. Though ND v. Michigan is usually very exciting locally when they play because of the proximity of the teams and our location.