What was the last movie you watched?

Comments

• reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Blade Runner 2049 - Visually stunning, set designs amazing, sound was mind blowing, storyline a bit hard to follow in places, pacing was slow in some parts and overly long at 2hrs 50 mins..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Rewatched the origins Blade Runner in prep for the new one.  Still don't find this film all that impressive.  
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Leatherface(2017)
    Silly and unnecessary prequel.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The Ring (still pretty damn good for a PG-13 horror flick)
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Blade runner 2049.  Thousand times better than the first one.  Excellent film.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    dankind said:
    The Ring (still pretty damn good for a PG-13 horror flick)
    I couldn't sleep for a freaking week after that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• It (2017)

Found it to be incredibly overrated and too long. Half way through I wanted it to be over. 
    That's how I felt about Wonder Woman (2017). It made no sense, and I didn't feel empowered at all by this dewy princess furrowing her  brow and being confused. And certainly didn't need all the slo-mo and "your world is so strange" moments. Thank goodness for fast-forward. I think Gal Gadot's other movie "Keeping Up With the Joneses" is much much better.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Point Break was on again last night. Love that movie.

"Utah! get me two!"
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I also saw Blade runner 2049, and enjoyed it as well. I saw it in 3D D-Box. The 3D was good? But the D-Box was not. Some movies work well with it, and with others it just doesn't add anything, and unfortunately the latter was the case for this movie.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

arguably one of the better friday the 13th movies with Crispin Glover and a young Corey Feldman
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    They Come At Night

It's good, though I found it very unsettling.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    The Nightmare Before Christmas
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    John Carpenter's Vampires
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • The Prince of Tides (1991), against my will.

It was ok at best.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

The Prince of Tides (1991), against my will.

It was ok at best.
    Every heterosexual man who has watched The Prince of Tides has done so against his own will.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Haha that movie sucked
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• dankind said:

It was ok at best.
    Every heterosexual man who has watched The Prince of Tides has done so against his own will.
    Book was good, though.
    I'm through with screaming
    dankind said:

It was ok at best.
    Book was good, though.
    We'll take your word for it. :wink:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305

dankind said:

It was ok at best.
    I had a co-worker who was a counselor.  When that movie came out she saw it and later told me how offended she was by the unethical relationship between Barbra Streisand's and Nick Nolte's characters.  So years later I watched some of it on TV out of curiosity.  Pretty bad.  The unethical relationship might have been the least of its crimes, besides the fact that Nolte and Streisand had absolutely NO chemistry.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."

dankind said:

It was ok at best.
    I had a co-worker who was a counselor.  When that movie came out she saw it and later told me how offended she was by the unethical relationship between Barbra Streisand's and Nick Nolte's characters.  So years later I watched some of it on TV out of curiosity.  Pretty bad.  The unethical relationship might have been the least of its crimes, besides the fact that Nolte and Streisand had absolutely NO chemistry.
     I just wiki'd the movie. sounds terrible. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Wild Wild West.  Really bad.  :sick:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Suspiria (1977)
    Bad Boys II

I could watch that movie every day for the rest of my life. 

Woosa!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Just the horrible Will Smith song for that movie is blow-my-brains-out terrible, lol. I never even saw the movie, but that fucking song is STILL burned into my brain from back when the promos were on TV, and it even made it to the radio. That's like 20 years ago, and it still bugs me, lol. I remember it got stuck in my BF's brain at the time as well, and he ended up compulsively singing the chorus and then cursing himself for doing it. :lol: Worst thing that Will Smith ever did by far, lol.
    The Babysitter (Netflix)
    Silly yet fun movie.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Just the horrible Will Smith song for that movie is blow-my-brains-out terrible, lol. I never even saw the movie, but that fucking song is STILL burned into my brain from back when the promos were on TV, and it even made it to the radio. That's like 20 years ago, and it still bugs me, lol. I remember it got stuck in my BF's brain at the time as well, and he ended up compulsively singing the chorus and then cursing himself for doing it. :lol: Worst thing that Will Smith ever did by far, lol.
    so you haven't heard his new track with DJ Jazzy Jeff I take it?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    Haha, no. I guess I'm glad I haven't, lol.
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Haha, no. I guess I'm glad I haven't, lol.
    I watched their live performance of it online because the headline on Consequence of Sound was "watch Will Smith's dreadful new track debuted live!". It IS dreadful. And I don't mean "I hate all hip hop/dance music" dreadful, cause I do, but even my wife, a big fan of the genre, winced when I showed the video to her. I felt genuinely embarrassed for Will. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited October 2017
    Murder Party (2007)
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Goodfellas, last night.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014