2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• nicolenicole Posts: 59
    it's time for a Canadian tour. And a Canadian tour supporting an album. 2005-no album. 2011-no album. 
    Yes! Yes! It is time for a Canadian tour! And yes, it would be great if it was in support of an album. But at this point, 6 years later... any Canadian tour would be so amazing! So overdue! 
  • BlackSirenBlackSiren Melbourne, Australia Posts: 2
    so,whats everyones favo pizza?
    Aussie pizza :-D  (Not really, but if I have to eat Aussie pizza I will totally do it for this!)

I dance in laughter with the everafter

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    It is not going to happen, but I'd like to see the band settle in and do a tour playing acoustic or more stripped down sets.  Ament mentioned this as something he'd be really into doing when discussing Benaroya Hall, I think either during PJ 20 interviews are maybe the extended lightning bolt interviews, in either case that interview is between 5-8 years old, time to get that on the agenda.

Sincerely,
    Greedy First World Problem Pearl Jam Junkie
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• monkeyphoenixmonkeyphoenix London Posts: 27
    All this talk of residencies and acoustic sets is making me sad. I want full tour fun please!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PB11041 said:
    It is not going to happen, but I'd like to see the band settle in and do a tour playing acoustic or more stripped down sets.  Ament mentioned this as something he'd be really into doing when discussing Benaroya Hall, I think either during PJ 20 interviews are maybe the extended lightning bolt interviews, in either case that interview is between 5-8 years old, time to get that on the agenda.

Sincerely,
    the demand for tix for an acoustic tour would be off the charts. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    PB11041 said:

Sincerely,
    the demand for tix for an acoustic tour would be off the charts. 
    Yep and that brings us to supply & demand ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    i prefer the band will do a random suporise acoustic show..so they announce the tour and one of the dates they fhry go out and do an acoustic main set..of 20 songs..noone will know or expect to happen..that would be epic!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    i prefer the band will do a random suporise acoustic show..so they announce the tour and one of the dates they fhry go out and do an acoustic main set..of 20 songs..noone will know or expect to happen..that would be epic!
    Agreed!  A one off surprise show like this would be amazing.  I'd prefer that over an entire acoustic tour. 
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    it's time for a Canadian tour. And a Canadian tour supporting an album. 2005-no album. 2011-no album. 
    I totally agree with your first statement. I could go either way with the second one.
    rummy said:
    I totally agree with your first statement. I could go either way with the second one.
    well yeah, in a perfect world I'd like both, but I'd obviously settle for only the first. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I believe a tour when I see a tour
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Next rumour on AN will be of upcoming surprise acoustic shows....
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    bbiggs said:
    Agreed!  A one off surprise show like this would be amazing.  I'd prefer that over an entire acoustic tour. 
    Adding fuel to it all (including AN) - what if said acoustic show were at Red Rocks. Nevermind what just happened in my pants. Mmmmpppfhhh
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    So consensus is no US dates till fall 18. Means announcement in may/June timeframe. Rumors heat up in spring.
  • Fall philly is perfect for me.  Let this happen 
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Can always guarantee a Europe announcement in December when no one has any money.
    Brisk. said:
    Can always guarantee a Europe announcement in December when no one has any money.
    yeah..cos on february we have a room full of cash and we dont know where to spent them..we are in the same shitty broke situation 12 months of the year..lol
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    I'd take a Euro tour announcment any time of the year, it's been too long...
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • SS225006SS225006 Brunswick (the real one), Germany Posts: 52
    tino_11 said:
    I'd take a Euro tour announcment any time of the year, it's been too long...
    right 
    PJ
    1992 Pinkpop, Go Bang Festival Berlin
    2000 Rock am Ring
    2006 Berlin
    2007 Hurricane Festival Scheeßel
    2009 Berlin
    2010 Berlin
    2012 Berlin 1+2
    2014 Milano, Trieste, Berlin
    2018 Milano, Padova, Roma, Krakow, Berlin
    EV
    2017 Berlin, Firenze, Taormina 1+2
    2019 Firenze, Berlin

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Doubt we will be able to make the trip but I much prefer December tour date drops since I pick my vacation the first week of January. 
    Next rumour on AN will be of upcoming surprise acoustic shows....
    LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    my2hands said:
    That Spectrum residency in 2009 sucked so bad
    The worst
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    They support albums with tours for like 3-4 years now, no
  • Every year I hope PJ will play a hardcore set at Download festival in the UK and every year I'm disappointed. 2018 will probably be no different but rumor is Foo Fighters are playing there. Foo's and PJ in one weekend would be a dream.

As others have said, though, I'm betting British Summer Time in Hyde Park. Hopefully tickets won't be as expensive as Roger Waters (£80!) but given the price of Ed shows this year I'm guessing they will be. Also really not a big fan of their premium view tickets that charge extra for access to the front. So corporate. 

Still, at least tickets will be easy to get and it'll be a nice bit of nostalgia for me. Hyde Park 2010 was my first PJ show and we all know how important those are.
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • KusyKusy Posts: 345
    I would guess that the Euro announcement will be in December. Bring it on! 
    2007: Chorzow, PL
    2014: Gdynia, PL
    2017: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2018: PinkPop Festival, NL; London #1, UK; Padova, ITA; Prague, CZ; Krakow, PL; Berlin; DE; London #2, UK
    2019: EV Solo Berlin, DE
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow
    CANT FUKCIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    CANT FUKCIN WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So Dimi, just curious, but what language books should I be buying for the tour:) I don't want to be the ugly American who only tries to speak English so I have to practoce ahead of time:)
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Pizza gonna be great!!!!!!
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    Pizza gonna be great!!!!!!
    Hmm; I guess I need to start learning Italian:) now if only we knew the month. Can u blink once if June; twice if july and 3 times for August:)
  • JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    If a stop in Stockholm and Oslo occur as they did in 2012 and 2014, I'd do that again.
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16