what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Can't wait for the new Assassin's Creed!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited October 2017
    My grandfather thinks that Eddie Vedder sounds like a black man. Yea he's senile lol.
    Sounds like something my mother would say. :lol: She keeps going off about how she really likes Denzel Washington... and invariably follows that with comments about how he doesn't sound black when he talks. Sometimes I almost wish she were senile, lol (kidding, but you know what I mean I hope, lol).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Haha I know what you mean. And maybe my grandfather isn't senile, but he's certainly flirting with it :lol:
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I love lay low weekends!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Football games last forever, or perhaps just feel like it. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Me too, sister.

(this would be a time that we'd venture onto the patio or balcony, and enjoy some cocktails while the "game" is watched :no_mouth: )
  • Football games last forever, or perhaps just feel like it. 
    Way too many commercials for about 15 minutes of real action.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    hedonist said:
    Me too, sister.

(this would be a time that we'd venture onto the patio or balcony, and enjoy some cocktails while the "game" is watched :no_mouth: )
    I was at a live game. My first. No patio and no cocktails. Just 6 second snippets of action followed by two minutes of standing around, repeated endlessly. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    A tropical storm, the perfect weather for Thanksgiving. 

Wait, what?
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
    Two men who gave me smiles in such different but similarly beautiful ways.

Love to the memories and continuing happiness from GS and TP :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIvNe569Q9g

• RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    October can go F*** itself! 
    Fucktober!

So we happily and regularly donate to the ASPCA but I receive at least ten emails a week from them.  Also from Kitten Rescue, from whom we adopted our fatcat boy.  I really want to unsubscribe but would feel like a (female) dick doing so.

• hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ You are absolutely NOT a (female) dick for unsubscribing.  Doesn't mean you are gonna stop donating. Blowing up someone's email is ridiculous and unacceptable. I don't care what positive cause is behind it. Make sure to tell them why you decided to unsubscribe. 
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    ^ You are absolutely NOT a (female) dick for unsubscribing.  Doesn't mean you are gonna stop donating. Blowing up someone's email is ridiculous and unacceptable. I don't care what positive cause is behind it. Make sure to tell them why you decided to unsubscribe. 
    + 1
    Thanks, ladies.  I did so, though wasn't given an option to explain why.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    I hope you've got a big box.

Because it's about to get stuffed full of junk.

:open_mouth:  
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    I hope you've got a big box.

Because it's about to get stuffed full of junk.

:open_mouth:  
    :glasses:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Ghost - St Paul 2003.
    The TV, she talks to me
    Breaking news and building walls
    Selling us, what I dont need
    Didn't know soap made you taller...Passing new friends before i miss at all...fuck you all..
    So I'm hiding away, away
    Dying,...Passing new friends I won't miss at all...fuck em all!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ Glad you unsubscribed Hedo....Powaahh to the people. Too bad they didn't give you the opportunity to give any feedback. Figures.

Anyone ever heard of The Struts? They are opening for the Foo Fighters show I'm seeing Tuesday. The name kind of sounds familiar and I'm pretty sure I've probably heard them on the radio before. Anyone have any song recommendations from this band?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592

hedonist said:
    Fucktober!

So we happily and regularly donate to the ASPCA but I receive at least ten emails a week from them.  Also from Kitten Rescue, from whom we adopted our fatcat boy.  I really want to unsubscribe but would feel like a (female) dick doing so.

Ha! I can dig it! 

October, it can be the best of times, the worst of times.  I only I knew a way to appease the fury of storm and fire and the world-wide-craziness.  If only I knew the right dance,  song,  homage, non-violent sacrifice, incantation, prayer, plea, platitude, thumb worn talisman. The right mountain peak to meditate on, the right offering, the right angle of prostration, the right oblation, appeal, petition, supplication, entreaty, anything to make things better.  Maybe a rain dance in the west and a sun dance in the east.  If only...

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Nose diving.  Fortunately will probably pass out before hitting the ground.

Ohh hoo, down we go...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:

hedonist said:
    Fucktober!

Ha! I can dig it! 

October, it can be the best of times, the worst of times.  I only I knew a way to appease the fury of storm and fire and the world-wide-craziness.  If only I knew the right dance,  song,  homage, non-violent sacrifice, incantation, prayer, plea, platitude, thumb worn talisman. The right mountain peak to meditate on, the right offering, the right angle of prostration, the right oblation, appeal, petition, supplication, entreaty, anything to make things better.  Maybe a rain dance in the west and a sun dance in the east.  If only...

That made me smile. It helps. Thanks. :)
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:
    Fucktober!

Ha! I can dig it! 

Sure thing, Rogue!  I hope your weekend is a good one.  :smile:

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

hedonist said:
    Fucktober!

Ha! I can dig it! 

Sure thing, Rogue!  I hope your weekend is a good one.  :smile:
    Thanks. Hope yours is too. 
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    books
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    The impending hurricane. I fear our tendency to be very relaxed about things may not stand us in good stead this time.... We're all laughing and joking about it now but I hope everyone will take sensible precautions tomorrow
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,412
    Another friend leaves Greece tonight..maybe its my time..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    edited October 2017
    Anyone remembers the URL for Stone's site circa 2008 (the site with the picture of a forest, the sound of a thunder and then the trunk which was planted in the forest and grown in 3 seconds? The one with the old radio buttons/drop-down box menus)?
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    Why are people so stupid. Seriously some people need to be taken deep into the woods and justleft there. 
    Just spent over an hour on hold to be told by some shit for brains that Canada post doesn't ship outside of Canada. Yes it fucking does, just ball up and say your company is too big of a shit show to mail outside of Canada. 
    I hate people.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    My music collection as usual