******** YOUR PHILADELPHIA EAGLES ********

Comments

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    edited October 2017
    pjhawks said:
    http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/the700level/colin-cowherd-philadelphia-dumbest-sports-city-america

love the Eagles response to this even if technically on Reid and Wright he is correct.  Francona wasn't run out of town as much as his teams totally sucked here.
    I don't think the fans had anything to do with Reid. I just think it was "time" for Reid, and the team, to move on. A mutual departing. Plus, last time i checked fans couldn't fire any coach>LOL

Jay Wright has not gotten to wrath from the fans, because, lets face it, College Hoops is now where on the level of Pro sports.

Francona? I think Francona himself said he didn't do a good job in Philly. Plus he didn't win. Easy for Cowherd to say that now, since Francona BECAME a good manager. 

I just think Cowherd was just trying to rile up the Philly fans. 
    Post edited by cutz on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139

Colin Cowherd? I don't know what this is about but nobody should give a shit what he says or what the Eagles response is. Bunch of hot take nonsense designed to get people talking about him...

Go Birds

chinese-happy.jpg
    Good defense coming in today. Good test for young Carson and Pederson. Will Doug stick with balance if the run game starts off slow?

Gotta be a low scoring affair today. We shall see. Go Birds.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I think Az is overrated... y'all can expose them.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    That long td to agholor was fricking awesome.  All of it.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703

:smiley:

whole game has been fun to watch.  Go Eagles!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    very nice all around win for them.  Only thing that i would criticize was the INT. 
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Congratulations on the division
    I miss igotid88

Yeah that was great. Good win. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    great win.  nice to have a fairly easy one with a short week coming up.

Wentz was great. his deep ball was better today than it has been in any other game in both seasons.  good to see the improvement.

Dave Fipp has done a great job with the special teams.

only downside is they need to still be better on 1st and 2nd down.  great on 3rd down but as they get against better teams need to lessen that burden.

another very good day for the Birds in the division. sweet loss by the Cowboy. Love to watch Aaron Rodgers. guy is just so cool out there.

hate Thursday night games but should be a good one.

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Woot. Great atmosphere at the stadium. The national anthem singer was inspiring, brought a tear to me eye. She was a cancer survivor that had 7 surgeries on her face. What courage and she sounded great.

They played some Petty which was cool. 

Loved the special teams. Great seeing Corey Simon and 5 at the game.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    Woot. Great atmosphere at the stadium. The national anthem singer was inspiring, brought a tear to me eye. She was a cancer survivor that had 7 surgeries on her face. What courage and she sounded great.

awesome!

I would like to see them beat Carolina on Thursday but I just don't see it happening.  Hopefully they prove me wrong.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    game night!  go birds!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    game night!  go birds!
    Barometer game....

GO BIRDS
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Guys, I think this team is OK.
    Agholar....thriving in the slot

chinese-happy.jpg
    Barometer game?  Good reading.  
    Team is legitimate.
    Barometer game?  Good reading.  
    Team is legitimate.
    Yup. Color me impressed...with pretty much everything at this point. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    3rd best team in the league behind Kansas City and Aaron Rodgers.
    VICTORY!!! Eagles won playing 19 v. 11. Awesome hard hitting game. Bradham was a monster. They may want to try and extend him now.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Gonna meet your boy Jordan Hicks in a couple weeks.  He and my family foundation support a literacy program and we have an event in a couple weeks where I'll have to say a few words with him.  Looking forward to it.  Seems like a good dude.
    that was quite an impressive win.  keep this up that win last night could have home field advantage implications come playoff time.
    Wentz is a stud although I wish he would take less hits out of the pocket.
    Clearly Lane Johnson needs to be out there.
    Gotta give Agholor a ton of credit. Guy was screwed up in the head last year and has totally turned it around. impressive.
    thought the Mills pass interference on the interception was weak.
    Gotta admit wasn't a big fan of Blount before the season but he has run really well the last few weeks.  I actually thought he should have gotten more time last night.  Too much Barner for my liking last night.
    gutsy move but not sure it was the right one going for 2 after the penalty.
    pjhawks said:
    that was quite an impressive win.  keep this up that win last night could have home field advantage implications come playoff time.
    Wentz is a stud although I wish he would take less hits out of the pocket.
    Clearly Lane Johnson needs to be out there.
    Gotta give Agholor a ton of credit. Guy was screwed up in the head last year and has totally turned it around. impressive.
    thought the Mills pass interference on the interception was weak.
    Gotta admit wasn't a big fan of Blount before the season but he has run really well the last few weeks.  I actually thought he should have gotten more time last night.  Too much Barner for my liking last night.
    gutsy move but not sure it was the right one going for 2 after the penalty.
    The fact that Morrelli never gave Doug the option to go for 2 is another reason he shouldn't be on an NFL field.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    This is criminal.

Pete Morelli’s crew in last FOUR Eagles games
     Philly penalties - 40 for 396 yards
     Opponent penalties - 8 for 72 yards

Tom O.
    -The Writer

3 home games leading up to the bye. This is...something, isn't it? Pleasantly surprised by all of this.

I think the tide's shifting in this town, fellas. Sixers on the rise. I think the Phils are moving in the right direction. Birds appear to be ahead of schedule.  What a time to be alive!

GO BIRDS.

chinese-happy.jpg

3 home games leading up to the bye. This is...something, isn't it? Pleasantly surprised by all of this.

I think the tide's shifting in this town, fellas. Sixers on the rise. I think the Phils are moving in the right direction. Birds appear to be ahead of schedule.  What a time to be alive!

GO BIRDS.

and don't forget the Flyers. Lots of really talented young players on all these rosters.  Have to be excited to see how all these teams play out over the next few years.
    pjhawks said:

GO BIRDS.

and don't forget the Flyers. Lots of really talented young players on all these rosters.  Have to be excited to see how all these teams play out over the next few years.
    As these things tend to go you are probably lucky is one of them gets really good.  (Obviously Birds look the closest.)

Hoops - dont watch it
    Ball - good young players but the hardest one to get good enough to make playoffs and make a run
    Hockey - shit, just get a good goalie and decent team and anyone can hammer once playoffs come. 

As someone who lives here and supports Philly teams while none of them are my favorite....I hope the Eagles and Flyers champ out.
    I love that the baseball tickets are so cheap now...will be bummed when the Phillies get good again and they start going up.
    NFL and NHL is already expensive as shit...and NBA I only go when I get free tickets down by the court.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Philly was fun, if not insufferable, when the Phillies were good.  Will be a horrible horrible place if/when the Eagles are good.  Luckily the chances of WWIII happening before the Eagles are good are pretty high.
    edited October 2017
    Philly was fun, if not insufferable, when the Phillies were good.  Will be a horrible horrible place if/when the Eagles are good.  Luckily the chances of WWIII happening before the Eagles are good are pretty high.

Well the chances of ww3 happening before anything (including the Giants winning a game) is exponentially higher right now regardless...

chinese-happy.jpg