Donald Trump

Comments

• tbergs said:
    my 8 year old daughter did a thanksgiving exercise at school; 10 things they are thankful for. 

#6: a nice prime minister

ah, my little snowflake. LOL
    Think of how many kids wrote 'Donald Trump' in similar exercises south of us.
    Puke. What a twisted way of thinking that is.
    It's a reality though.

Some kids are being indoctrinated with moronicness as we speak. From the outside looking in... the level of moronicness seems to be perilously widespread. It's got to suck.
    I'm in southern Illinois and my son's second grade class last year had a vote- only my son and one other kid voted for Hillary. The other kids were saying how Hillary would take their families guns from them. They're 8!
    High degrees of moronicness.

Moronicness is tough to combat- especially when it is transcended through generations like a genetic trait.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    so I follow this guy on Twitter, his name is Kyle Griffin. He reports on all stuff Trump. very insightful, all factual, and one of the most recent he posted about was the fact that Trump was speaking to a crowd about how he is going to get rid of the estate tax, AKA the "death tax", which he claims is crippling. This tax only applies to estates worth $5.9 million or something. 

He was speaking to a crowd of truckers, whose average yearly salary hovers around $40K. 

he is so stupid and out of touch it is astounding. 

Hear me out- it was probably dumb because that’s the wrong audience for that discussion certainly, but I think getting rid of the estate tax is a great thing.  Why should the children of a deceased person be taxed on their inheritance? Their parents earned it and already paid taxes (most likely anyway) on their estate over the years but the govt wants to tax the bereaved kids when the money comes their way? Screw that, give the kids what’s theirs.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    so I follow this guy on Twitter, his name is Kyle Griffin. He reports on all stuff Trump. very insightful, all factual, and one of the most recent he posted about was the fact that Trump was speaking to a crowd about how he is going to get rid of the estate tax, AKA the "death tax", which he claims is crippling. This tax only applies to estates worth $5.9 million or something. 

He was speaking to a crowd of truckers, whose average yearly salary hovers around $40K. 

Hear me out- it was probably dumb because that’s the wrong audience for that discussion certainly, but I think getting rid of the estate tax is a great thing.  Why should the children of a deceased person be taxed on their inheritance? Their parents earned it and already paid taxes (most likely anyway) on their estate over the years but the govt wants to tax the bereaved kids when the money comes their way? Screw that, give the kids what’s theirs.
    I agree with that. My comment was only about who his audience was. This is obviously just lowering taxes on the rich. He claims he is for the common man. His "common men" are idiots. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    CM189191 said:
    tbergs said:
    my 8 year old daughter did a thanksgiving exercise at school; 10 things they are thankful for. 

#6: a nice prime minister

ah, my little snowflake. LOL
    Think of how many kids wrote 'Donald Trump' in similar exercises south of us.
    Puke. What a twisted way of thinking that is.
    It's a reality though.

Some kids are being indoctrinated with moronicness as we speak. From the outside looking in... the level of moronicness seems to be perilously widespread. It's got to suck.
    I'm in southern Illinois and my son's second grade class last year had a vote- only my son and one other kid voted for Hillary. The other kids were saying how Hillary would take their families guns from them. They're 8!
    southern Illinois....basically anywhere south of I-80?

used to live 1/2 hour south of I-80
    Oh I'm way south of that man. I'm about an hour north of St. Louis. Where people (not me) think Chicago should be it's own state. Morons. 

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    There is that north-south cultural divider line that runs across Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.  
    Trump's UK visit is downgraded to working trip instead of full state visit and won't be meeting the queen as a result. 1.8 million people signed a petition for the UK to withdraw its invitation. Jesus. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I agree with that. My comment was only about who his audience was. This is obviously just lowering taxes on the rich. He claims he is for the common man. His "common men" are idiots. 
    Agree.  Let’s remember though that government for the people is a joke and has been since being a politician became a career.  Never before or after now have the common people been represented by one of their own.  If voters believe they are and have believed the promises they’re told, they’ve already been gamed by the system.  Just saying it because whether you agree or disagree with a particular politician’s platform is irrelevant, they’re only there for themselves in the end.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,601

Because it's just another piece of the progressive tax system that we've had in this country for many generations.  There's no fundamental argument for or against the estate tax that isn't intrinsically linked to one's belief in progressive taxation.  I generally support it because I support capitalism and I believe that there is a basic standard of living that any American should be entitled to.  In order to achieve both of these beliefs, you must have progressive taxation.
    Trump's UK visit is downgraded to working trip instead of full state visit and won't be meeting the queen as a result. 1.8 million people signed a petition for the UK to withdraw its invitation. Jesus. 
    His handlers better run a Craigslist ad to hire a crowd of fake supporters or trump will come home upset. 

Agree.  Let’s remember though that government for the people is a joke and has been since being a politician became a career.  Never before or after now have the common people been represented by one of their own.  If voters believe they are and have believed the promises they’re told, they’ve already been gamed by the system.  Just saying it because whether you agree or disagree with a particular politician’s platform is irrelevant, they’re only there for themselves in the end.
    well, not at the federal level, no, because you don't get to that level in the US unless you are filthy rich. BUT, the democrats have a much better track record of trying to help the less fortunate. Republican politicians only care about themselves and their rich friends, typically. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mrussel1 said:

Because it's just another piece of the progressive tax system that we've had in this country for many generations.  There's no fundamental argument for or against the estate tax that isn't intrinsically linked to one's belief in progressive taxation.  I generally support it because I support capitalism and I believe that there is a basic standard of living that any American should be entitled to.  In order to achieve both of these beliefs, you must have progressive taxation.
    Excellent point-  I definitely agree with progressive tax, a flat tax is a killer.  Still don’t like the estate tax though, I know many won’t agree with me but I think the rich are taxed appropriately and their heirs shouldn’t be hit for inheriting.  Thanks though, good discussion.

You get the cynical post of the week award. How do you figure who fits into the common people category? That means there are uncommon people, too.  What would be evidence to you that a politician isn't just there for themselves? 

You get the cynical post of the week award. How do you figure who fits into the common people category? That means there are uncommon people, too.  What would be evidence to you that a politician isn't just there for themselves? 
    Lol thanks! Well since the founders wanted the elected to be ordinary people, not career politicians, I’ll believe it when someone who isn’t wealthy or is of the middle class gets into office.... which will be never based on the cost of campaigning!
    mrussel1 said:

Excellent point-  I definitely agree with progressive tax, a flat tax is a killer.  Still don’t like the estate tax though, I know many won’t agree with me but I think the rich are taxed appropriately and their heirs shouldn’t be hit for inheriting.  Thanks though, good discussion.
    The rich are taxed higher if they are earning through salary/income.  But unfortunately because of the capital gains tax rate along with all the various shelters, inherited or family money is taxed nowhere near the same rate that a middle or upper middle class family is being taxed.  The LT cap gains rate is no higher than 20%, I believe.  A good number of people that fall into the estate tax are cap gains payers, not salary.  This is a tool so that family money that is passed from gen to gen are paying an equitable tax.  
  • Extrajudicial killings of citizens of our closest ally without due process and nary a peep from JC. Wonder why that is?

http://diffuser.fm/sally-jones-isis-dead/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=newsletter_5003207
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    So much pride. Shameless trump supporters often chime in on the PJ facebook page. Check it out for a greater understanding of how they think. Specifically the thread where Ed is throwing paper towels to Cub fans.  
  • So much pride. Shameless trump supporters often chime in on the PJ facebook page. Check it out for a greater understanding of how they think. Specifically the thread where Ed is throwing paper towels to Cub fans.  
    But they were soft towels. And beautiful. And people were having a lot of fun.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    So much pride. Shameless trump supporters often chime in on the PJ facebook page. Check it out for a greater understanding of how they think. Specifically the thread where Ed is throwing paper towels to Cub fans.  
    Seriously though, when do we cut the Cubs fans off? They can't expect a continuous flow of free paper towels.  
  • So much pride. Shameless trump supporters often chime in on the PJ facebook page. Check it out for a greater understanding of how they think. Specifically the thread where Ed is throwing paper towels to Cub fans.  
    Seriously though, when do we cut the Cubs fans off? They can't expect a continuous flow of free paper towels.  
    Three weeks after their next loss.

Brilliantati©
    We're now in the deepest depths of bizzaro world: Rush on trump "There's a part of this story (nfl protest) that's starting to make me nervous, and it's this: I'm very uncomfortable with the President of the United States being able to dictate the power and behavior of anybody. That's not where this should be coming from". 
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • More brilliant brilliance brilliantly on display. "Oh Jared dear boy, I thought I told you to use a number 2 pencil and bring a big eraser? No bother, fetch me my slippers, bring me a plate of meatloaf and tell me all about that Middle East peace process, particularly that part about Yasir and Itzhak and how Hamas and Fatah have mended their ways. I'll fluff the pillows."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/12/politics/jared-kushner-background-check-form/index.html

Brilliantati©
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    We're now in the deepest depths of bizzaro world: Rush on trump "There's a part of this story (nfl protest) that's starting to make me nervous, and it's this: I'm very uncomfortable with the President of the United States being able to dictate the power and behavior of anybody. That's not where this should be coming from". 
    Credit where it's due.  All of these right-wingers who claim to want less government interference in our lives should feel this way.  It's actually very telling that so few of them do (or at least that so few say it).  Party first...but more of them should really be saying this.  He did not say he supports the players (I'm sure he does not).  He simply said that a government official has overstepped his bounds.  But since supporting Trump is pretty much about supporting everything he does, his followers (and the right-wing media they support) just blindly buy in.  NOBODY, left or right should support Trump's involvement with this, regardless of how they feel about the protests.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I am a little surprised at this.  Rush is batshit crazy and insanely hypocritical, but he has ties to and fandom for the NFL. 
    He's crazier, but he has more ideological integrity than Hannity.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    OnWis97 said:
    Credit where it's due.  All of these right-wingers who claim to want less government interference in our lives should feel this way.  It's actually very telling that so few of them do (or at least that so few say it).  Party first...but more of them should really be saying this.  He did not say he supports the players (I'm sure he does not).  He simply said that a government official has overstepped his bounds.  But since supporting Trump is pretty much about supporting everything he does, his followers (and the right-wing media they support) just blindly buy in.  NOBODY, left or right should support Trump's involvement with this, regardless of how they feel about the protests.
    He does not support the players. He says that Trump is right ideologically, but shouldn't have the right to tell employees of an organization how to act; that's the job of the employer. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Lemmings

chinese-happy.jpg
    That's exactly right.  Is this chart true/accurate?  What's the source?
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,813
    OnWis97 said:
    He does not support the players. He says that Trump is right ideologically, but shouldn't have the right to tell employees of an organization how to act; that's the job of the employer. 
    Yeah, I know.  It's rare today for anyone to even be able to balance their nationalism and/or love for Trump with the big picture of the office's role.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited October 2017
    What in the holy fuck is wrong with this guy? Why is a sitting president allowed to support a group who fights against equality? This is some backwards bullshit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-anti-lgbt-address-hate-group-summit-meeting-first-president-us-homphobia-a7997401.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.