MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mrussel1 said:
    Still recovering from that game last night...
    I find playoff baseball (when you have a true dog in the race) the most stressful of all sports. The deliberate pace of the game just builds the agony.  Plus, nothing good can happen when you're on defense in baseball.  The only good thing is what you expect to happen.. no runs.  
    For me it is hockey in Stanley Cup Playoffs.  Especially if you are at the game? 
    Was at an OT Stanley Cup Finals game...and of course OT is sudden death, so every shift, every pass, every shot the game hangs in the balance.  No idea how the players do it.
    So much stress and anxiety, yet they are my two favorite sports!  Absolutely love the Postseason and love the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!  All you have to do is get in.  You can throw everything from the regular season away at that point.  Anybody's game on any given day!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    mrussel1 said:
    I find playoff baseball (when you have a true dog in the race) the most stressful of all sports. The deliberate pace of the game just builds the agony.  Plus, nothing good can happen when you're on defense in baseball.  The only good thing is what you expect to happen.. no runs.  
    For me it is hockey in Stanley Cup Playoffs.  Especially if you are at the game? 
    Was at an OT Stanley Cup Finals game...and of course OT is sudden death, so every shift, every pass, every shot the game hangs in the balance.  No idea how the players do it.
    yeah i would go with hockey as well, maybe the NCAA tournament second.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Wobbie said:
    you're no bumgarner, verlander.
    He has Kate Upton. he wins
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

bum has a nice, low maintenance wife.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    pjhawks said:
    Wobbie said:

bum has a nice, low maintenance wife.
    Verlander wins

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/188570/official-kate-upton-thread/p19
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    mrussel1 said:
    So much stress and anxiety, yet they are my two favorite sports!  Absolutely love the Postseason and love the Stanley Cup Playoffs!!  All you have to do is get in.  You can throw everything from the regular season away at that point.  Anybody's game on any given day!!
    Hockey can be very stressful for sure.. But for whatever reason it doesn't affect me as badly.  It could be because I'm such a baseball/Tribe nut job.  I think it's also because hockey is moving so fast, that you don't have time to stress.  The baseball thing just builds pitch after pitch.  
    nats.

tribe.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited October 2017
    Wobbie said:
    nats.

tribe.
    hopefully the indians yes, kinda pulling for the cubs cause i hate the nats.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Oooh Fuuuudge.  Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    I fucking hate baseball.
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Cubs repeat guaranteed
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    This post game show has deteriorated at about 1:14 and it's glorious 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Cleveland are 4-18 in clinching games
    I miss igotid88
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Go Nationals
    they all think they have a bumgarner, but none of them do.

more of dusty's magic. fuck me.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Implosion
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    It wasn't a bad move by Dusty. Max just didn't deliver.
    I miss igotid88
  • Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221
    Bring it, Cubs! Go Dodgers! 
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    About midnight and we're in...the 7th? The fuck....
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Stupid American League games...
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    That game was brutal last night.  Thank FSM the Iggles were on so I was able to focus mostly on that and then go back to the game.  So fucking long....like a Red Sux Yankees game!
    The Nats crumble under pressure.  That was pretty sad -- were I a Nats fan I would have been devastated. 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    That game was brutal last night.  Thank FSM the Iggles were on so I was able to focus mostly on that and then go back to the game.  So fucking long....like a Red Sux Yankees game!
    The Nats crumble under pressure.  That was pretty sad -- were I a Nats fan I would have been devastated. 
    Per usual for the Nats.
    edited October 2017
    replay was not intended to make a call when a guy's foot comes off the bag like an inch or two.  i hate that part of replay.
    Wieters had maybe the worst game of any catcher in a playoff game ever.  man he was awful.
    I liked the Cubs last year but now they are starting to get annoying.
    Go Astros and Dodgers.
    I just think about how many kids in this country are just not able to watch post season baseball anymore....or at least stay up past 5th inning or so. Gotta start these games earlier and speed them up. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • About midnight and we're in...the 7th? The fuck....
    I just think about how many kids in this country are just not able to watch post season baseball anymore....or at least stay up past 5th inning or so. Gotta start these games earlier and speed them up. 
    They did a few games that were earlier!  That has been a big push for MLB! But yes, in general they all should be earlier.  Just think if there is an LAD/'Stros WS?!?
    edited October 2017
    Just busting balls that it wasn't an AL game that went long.  I completely agree.  The Yanks game that started at 7 the other day was glorious, though their 5pm start went about 6 hours.  I do think it's insane what time games in general start.  Prime time football too.  Shit, the college championships start at 9
    Just busting balls that it wasn't an AL game that went long.  I completely agree.  The Yanks game that started at 7 the other day was glorious, though their 5pm start went about 6 hours.  I do think it's insane what time games in general start.  Prime time football too.  Shit, the college championships start at 9
    total nonsense
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    No way around it when so many markets are 3 hours behind.  Look at LA?  You want to watch a game there that starts at 8:00 EST?  You are going to miss the start and you are watching from a bar since it takes 2 hours to get home from work.  Then you are all liquored up on the drive home. 
    I don't miss that.
    NHL starts kill me though
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Damn curvature of the earth. Nature should really fix that.
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Yeah, it's ridiculous. I don't have to worry about it out here so much, but I remember hating it back east. I was a single dude watching on old rabbit ears during game 7 of the 2003 ALCS. I was so exhausted I fell asleep on my couch in the 9th. Woke up at 4 am and was pissed I had no idea what happened. No smart phone or CPU back then, so I sat up until the early news came on and I could see who won. They start at 7 all season long. It doesn't make any sense to start later, especially when it becomes the coldest part of the season in a lot of places.