Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Was it fake news though or real? I know I’d like to know if he really wanted to increase it 10 fold or not. I don’t believe any news stories anymore until they’re proven correct, they all report shenanigans for ratings these days- that’s how they make their money anyway.
    to me it's partially believable since he stated during the campaign he intended on increasing america's nuclear arsenal like never before. 
    Oh yeah, I wouldn’t put it past him at all and agree it would be ridiculous, but that’s how the news works these days- in partial truths, ya know? They know if something seems possible it’s print worthy, regardless of how true.  
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    Was it fake news though or real? I know I’d like to know if he really wanted to increase it 10 fold or not. I don’t believe any news stories anymore until they’re proven correct, they all report shenanigans for ratings these days- that’s how they make their money anyway.
    to me it's partially believable since he stated during the campaign he intended on increasing america's nuclear arsenal like never before. 
    Oh yeah, I wouldn’t put it past him at all and agree it would be ridiculous, but that’s how the news works these days- in partial truths, ya know? They know if something seems possible it’s print worthy, regardless of how true.  
    I think, if anything, Trump's constant proclamations of "Fake News!" is making them be even more diligent and truthful in their reporting practices. no way in hell they want any of their news stories to give credence to Trump's claims. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,272

t

h

amendment.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I think, if anything, Trump's constant proclamations of "Fake News!" is making them be even more diligent and truthful in their reporting practices. no way in hell they want any of their news stories to give credence to Trump's claims. 

Right.

Plus multiple outlets have verified the "Moron" reporting.

Generally speaking, if Trump is mad about something.....bet your life that it is true.  

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Also--how soon before he weighs in on the Boy Scouts?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Tillerson's days are numbered.  Trump cares more about people saying he's smart and good ratings then anything else. 

Trump would be more apt to start a war with North Korea because Rocket Man called him a dummy vs. threatening to attack America.
  • Options

t

h

amendment.

everything I've read points to that option of removal to be the least likely option, like, slim to none. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason P said:
    Tillerson's days are numbered.  Trump cares more about people saying he's smart and good ratings then anything else. 

Trump would be more apt to start a war with North Korea because Rocket Man called him a dummy vs. threatening to attack America.
    but he also doesn't want it to look like he's terrible at making staffing choices. he's already fired or resigned how many top officials now?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,916

t

h

amendment.

everything I've read points to that option of removal to be the least likely option, like, slim to none. 
    For now, yes. Mueller's investigation is ongoing as is the Senate Intelligence Committee investigation. We may, MAY, get to a point where even this congress can no longer refuse to act.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Classic trump- Open mouth, insert foot.
  • Options

t

h

amendment.

I know. Doesn't mean there are not an abundance of reasons why it should be utilized though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,543
    tbergs said:
    Wants to silence the media who critique him. Wants to force everyone to stand for the anthem and the flag. Hmm, where did he get these ideas of blind patriotism and controlled media coverage?
    Stephen Miller?

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    edited October 2017
    tbergs said:
    Wants to silence the media who critique him. Wants to force everyone to stand for the anthem and the flag. Hmm, where did he get these ideas of blind patriotism and controlled media coverage?
    Stephen Miller?

That dude gives me the serious creeps. Just the single issue of him being employed in the White House is just bizzaro authoritarianism. But in the larger scope of the trump circus, he hardly moves the media's needle. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Good God.

Even before Corker’s remarks, some West Wing advisers were worried that Trump’s behavior could cause the Cabinet to take extraordinary Constitutional measures to remove him from office. Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasn’t impeachment, but the 25th Amendment—the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, “What’s that?” According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,619
    I have a 30% chance of dunking a basketball. 
  • Options
    Nate Silver would tell us a 30% chance is pretty good.

• Options
    apparently he hates everyone in the white house, with "very few exceptions, I hate them all". 

many of his aides are also reporting he is coming unhinged. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Anti-Trump people are just chasing the dragon in the 25th amendment. 
  • Options
    agreed. I think it's more likely he gets impeached or quits on his own than gets removed for being unfit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    what's with this double posting shit. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    The only way he gets impeached is if the Dems take back congress in 2018 and that is a long shot. The 25th Amendment is also a long shot. But, there is probably a greater likelihood of Trump scaring the cabinet so badly they have to act than there is of Paul Ryan/Mitch McConnell doing anything.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    The only way he gets impeached is if the Dems take back congress in 2018 and that is a long shot. The 25th Amendment is also a long shot. But, there is probably a greater likelihood of Trump scaring the cabinet so badly they have to act than there is of Paul Ryan/Mitch McConnell doing anything.
    Mueller's indictments for obstruction of justice, money laundering, tax evasion and colluding with a foreign power to influence the outcome of an election are other ways. Untenable. 7Xs.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,823
    Really surprising that he hates his job. It never occurred to me that he liked the novelty of being on a 45-person list but that a lifetime of being surrounded by yes men would leave him unprepared for the actual minutiae of a very difficult job. So why's he staying? Oh yeah, to not be the guy who resigned. This, like everything else he does is about him. It's fascinating to see people say that he's doing this for the people. I remember presidents back to Reagan...liked some more than others...but this is the only one I legitimately have felt is indifferent toward the country and people he's supposed to be serving.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Jason P said:
    Anti-Trump people are just chasing the dragon in the 25th amendment. 
    It's not our dragon to chase, the talk of 25th is coming from inside the Whitehouse.

You really think Kelly and Mattis wouldn't do it?  
    They understand the gravity of the situation better than anyone else.
    Would they let Trump launch a pre-emptive nuclear strike on N Korea?  My gut says they wouldn't.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Not necessarily. Assuming Mueller's report includes what a lot of people suspect I think there are multiple republicans right now who would vote to impeach: Murkowski, McCain, Graham, Collins, Corker, and Flake. I'm sure there will be more because there will be more public support for impeachment after all the investigations are completed. Plus those repubs would prefer Pence because Pence would know how to implement their agenda. Trump keeps shooting them all in the feet.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Not necessarily. Assuming Mueller's report includes what a lot of people suspect I think there are multiple republicans right now who would vote to impeach: Murkowski, McCain, Graham, Collins, Corker, and Flake. I'm sure there will be more because there will be more public support for impeachment after all the investigations are completed. Plus those repubs would prefer Pence because Pence would know how to implement their agenda. Trump keeps shooting them all in the feet.

Impeachment needs to start in the House. That means it needs to start with spineless empty suit Paul Ryan. I don't see it ever happening while the GOP controls the speakership.

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    edited October 2017

Wrong thread

• Options
    JimmyV said:

Mueller’s going to keep digging through garbage cans hoping he finds something for a while.  He’s just dragging out a long nothing because he knows there’s nothing there and he’s afraid of spilling the beans that it’s all been for naught
This discussion has been closed.