Options

World War III?

13»

Comments

• Options
    69charger wrote:
    But you continue to fund what you believe to be criminal acts?

Which is one of the reasons I have such a big fucking problem with it!
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
    69charger wrote:
    But you continue to fund what you believe to be criminal acts?

and we all know how most view the opinions of ppl who don't live in the US....
    standin above the crowd
    he had a voice that was strong and loud and
    i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
    eager to identify with
    someone above the crowd
    someone who seemed to feel the same
    someone prepared to lead the way
  • Options
    Casey1Casey1 Posts: 11
    my2hands wrote:
    welcome to the board... do you mind if i ask what the hell you are doing in bagdad?

Thanks for the reply. I'm in the Army. I'll be here for five more months. It's not too bad. I got to take my R and R leave in June, so I saw PJ in Pittsburgh
  • Options
    69charger69charger Posts: 1,045
    Casey1 wrote:
    Thanks for the reply. I'm in the Army. I'll be here for five more months. It's not too bad. I got to take my R and R leave in June, so I saw PJ in Pittsburgh

Thank you for your service. Be safe.
  • Options
    onelongsongonelongsong Posts: 3,517
    Casey1 wrote:

i have a few relatives in iraq and they support what they're doing there. they also say the citizens are grateful and make them gifts. have you seen any of this?
  • Options
    Which is one of the reasons I have such a big fucking problem with it!

But not such a big problem as to not continue to be a part of such a criminal enterprise? I hear Toronto is lovely this time of year.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    69charger wrote:
    Thank you for your service. Be safe.

wait isn't he a murderer?
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    wait isn't he a murderer?

I don't believe that. I was pointing out the hypocracy of those who do.
  • Options
    Casey1Casey1 Posts: 11
    i have a few relatives in iraq and they support what they're doing there. they also say the citizens are grateful and make them gifts. have you seen any of this?

I've never had anyone make me a gift, but I have had citizens come up to me and shake my hand or give me a hug to say thank you. We've also been invited into peoples home for tea and bread (Iraqi bread is some of the best I've ever had). For the most part, people in Baghdad seem to like us. Of course, we (meaning my team) treat them with respect.
  • Options
    PaperPlatesPaperPlates Posts: 1,745
    Casey1 wrote:
    I've never had anyone make me a gift, but I have had citizens come up to me and shake my hand or give me a hug to say thank you. We've also been invited into peoples home for tea and bread (Iraqi bread is some of the best I've ever had). For the most part, people in Baghdad seem to like us. Of course, we (meaning my team) treat them with respect.

Dont tell these people that. They wont believe it anyways. You probably get paid to spread stories like this by the propaganda spewing, war loving right.

Its okay Pit members, repeat your mantra.

Iraqi's hates us, Us is bad, Iraqi's hate us, US is bad

Itll be okay. ;)
    Why go home

www.myspace.com/jensvad
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    Just got done watching Morning Joe segment regarding Corkers WW3 comments.  Quite honestly, I'm alarmed.  He basically reaffirmed what I've been feeling since day 1 of this administration.  War feels like it is right around the corner.   Its what weak presidents do to up their approval ratings and win reelection. 
    Is there anyone else who feels this way?

https://youtu.be/E3BULZRWmYo
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    This thread is 11 years old. People have felt like we're on the brink of World War for about 70 years. 
  • Options
    This thread is 11 years old. People have felt like we're on the brink of World War for about 70 years. 
    you can't win here. i was going to start a new thread called 'Bob Corker'.  But, based on past experience, that would have guaranteed at least the first five replies be something hateful aimed at me.  oh well.  time is short anyway.  Have a good time everyone
  • Options

also, ask yourself why it took 11 years for the thread to be revived.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    edited October 2017
    What would define world war in this new age? If Trump nukes Korea, how many would oppose or even join us? Probably none, but it would destroy our relations with most of the world and could put us on a short list of enemies if they feel we're unstable.

I just don't see WWIII happening.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    vaggar99 said:
    you can't win here. i was going to start a new thread called 'Bob Corker'.  But, based on past experience, that would have guaranteed at least the first five replies be something hateful aimed at me.  oh well.  time is short anyway.  Have a good time everyone
    I'm not saying win or lose, or you should or shouldn't be worried. I grew up in the 80s and the idea of getting vaporized by nukes was often in the rotation. 
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:
    I'm not saying win or lose, or you should or shouldn't be worried. I grew up in the 80s and the idea of getting vaporized by nukes was often in the rotation. 
    yeah, but then the idea went away for the most part.  now its back with a vengeance and this time, you have two wombats with the nuclear codes.  but hey, if i do survive, i take comfort in knowing i'll have the best paper towels to wipe the fallout off my body.
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358

(CNN)US President Donald Trump has "lit the wick of the war" against North Korea, a Russian state news agency quoted North Korea's foreign minister as saying on Wednesday.

The statement follows weeks of escalating tensions between North Korea and the United States, fueled by Pyongyang's repeated nuclear tests and Trump's tough talk.
    Speaking to Russia's state-run TASS news agency, North Korea's Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho cited Trump's September speech to the United Nations General Assembly in New York as the tipping point.
    "By his bellicose and insane statement in the UN arena, Trump -- it can be said -- lit the wick of the war against us," Ri is quoted as saying on TASS' English language website. "We need to settle the final score, only with a hail of fire, not words."
    During his remarks at the UN last month, Trump threatened to "totally destroy" North Korea and mocked the country's leader, whom he referred to as "Rocket Man."
    Ri, who had called Trump "mentally deranged" after the UN speech, told TASS that North Korea was "winning" and represented "a worthy counterweight to the US."

Echoing previous warnings by North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, Ri said, "the United States should act sensibly and stop touching us if they do not want to disgrace themselves in the face of the whole world," adding that his nation's forces "will not leave America, the aggressor state, unpunished."
    Ri's comments are likely to continue to fuel a mounting war of words between Trump and Kim.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    No, just a bit over 65.  :lol:

Not a funny subject but.... it would just make so much more sense if Jung-un and Trump just got on little go-carts and counted coup.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,892
    edited October 2017
    Both leaders have really bad hair ....
     Just saying .
    Maybe a sensible hair cut and who knows
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    They sure are good at keeping Americans afraid of the shifting boogeyman in the closet.... 

North Korea isnt going to do shit, and neither are we.... except sell arms to pacific rim nations and inrease our own "defense" spending 

Que the Eisenhower speech
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    my2hands said:
    They sure are good at keeping Americans afraid of the shifting boogeyman in the closet.... 

North Korea isnt going to do shit, and neither are we.... except sell arms to pacific rim nations and inrease our own "defense" spending 

Que the Eisenhower speech
    I agree.  The whole thing is a circus that has millions freaking out.  I won't give up what peace of mind I have to these two stooges.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.