PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    PJPOWER said:

pjhawks said:
    PJPOWER said:
    pjhawks said:
    I'm just glad i had enough personal responsibility not to get killed on the way into work this morning, or in the office, or at the convenience store i went to for lunch.  i hope i still have enough personal responsibility to make it home tonight.
    Where did you learn to drive and why?  How do you get out of your office if there is a fire?  How did you know which burrito to avoid at the convenience store?  Is all of the above knowledge something that makes you safer and prepared?  Maybe, just maybe, if you did your part and furthered that foundation of knowledge, you might very well be prepared if other situations ever presented themselves.  I sure as hell hope that if I am ever choking in a restaurant, at least one other person has taken a first aid class and knows what to do...Sorry if I believe every responsible person should.
    you do realize that cars in general are about 1000x safer today than in the past because of you know laws and regulations that were passed.  as opposed to gun laws which because of the NRA and people like you we can't change.  so umm yea....
    People like me that encouraged people to be responsible and aware?  Well that’s a new one.  It’s because of people like you and Diane Feinstein that make gun owners say “don’t give an inch”.  What tenable realistic gun control do you suggest?  Read this before answering:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.eaec3734deb9
    You keep talking about realistic gun control but I haven't heard you give any suggestions yourself. Do you have any? Cause as far as I can tell you are perfectly fine with the status quo. 
    Realistic, tenable gun control that would have guaranteed the event in Vegas would not have happened?  I’ll admit it, I do not know of any. That is why I am suggesting alternative solutions other than gun control?  Where have you been???  And you obviously did not read the article in my post that you quoted.  I am more focused on how to decrease violence and loss of life as a whole.
    Exactly. I just wanted the update. Some around here seem to think that you are looking for some common ground, you are not. Like democrats could do anything to meet you halfway.

You like the laws already on the books, no more. That is extreme.
    There is no common ground on guns except that everyone wants to save lives.  The methods for doing so is what is up for debate.  Create laws requiring safe storage or requiring background checks, I’m all for those.  But it will never be “enough” for those that hate guns...never.
    I was going to say that there is common ground like the majority want assault styled weapons to be banned and you don't fall into that majority because you are too extreme...but it turns out I was wrong and I'm in the minority and I guess that makes me more extreme.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/196658/support-assault-weapons-ban-record-low.aspx

This surprised me.

Federal Assault Weapons Ban expired in 2004. Perhaps by then people had forgotten why it was enacted in the first place.
    Cleveland Elementary School shooting 106 rounds in three minutes, killing five children and wounding thirty others, including one teacher
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    PJPOWER said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJPOWER said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJPOWER said:
    pjhawks said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    You guys are fucking idiots if you think making light of this issue is ok when there are still bodies waiting to be buried.
    It's all a big joke to you, hehe haha hoho, I shoot my bang bang hehe.

Grow up and get a fucking life.
    Positive post right here.  Constructive criticism too, well done.

The man does have a point though.
    no, he doesn't. it ludicrous to compare knives to automatic weapons. NO ONE IS SUGGESTING BANNING HANDGUNS/SINGLE SHOT RIFLES. if you want to compare, that is the only, still semi-illogical, argument that can be made. and no one is suggesting it. 

if there is ever a knife that can kill 58 people and injure 500 more in 10 minutes from 32 floors up and hundreds of meters away in the dark, then you have an argument. 
    So the people suggesting that the US should adopt policies mirroring Australia’s and Europe’s are not suggesting banning handguns and single shot rifles...got it...
    pretty sure those people are only using those examples to highlight that gun control can work. they know that the outright banning of ALL guns is simply not possible in the US. you can't, anyway, without an amendment to the constitution. 
    I agree with you, it’s pointless to suggest banning ALL guns.  That being said, there are plenty around that are drooling over an amendment to the constitution and would throw their vote at anyone pushing a complete ban.  To suggest that “no one wants to ban all guns” is vastly ignoring a significant number of voters that would love that.  Just go to a Coalition to Stop Gun Violence Facebook page and read some of the comments by the gun control lovers.  They are not an anomaly, those quacks are easy to find.  Several here even.
    yes but those people are just as out of touch as the gun advocates and the NRA who think that any legislation is going to lead to all guns being taken away.  most rational people don't believe all guns should be eliminated and that we can achieve more sensible laws. unfortunately the NRA is so powerful that almost any meaningful legislation for any gun control laws is almost impossible to pass at this point. 
    Which is probably why the more logical approach “at this point” would to be focusing on training and education.  It’s idiotic to wait on the political “leaders” to get anything done.  Stop being a sheep and learn a few life saving techniques, situational awareness, firearm training (if you so desire) and most importantly, educate others.  Do not wait on some government program to save your life.  And, before I get bombarded once again, this does not mean you have to stop being a gun control activist, just supplement your activism with some actually real life skills.  Many of them are simple...like knowing where to park at the store...
    well we've reached a new level of idiocy i  see.  yea i guess those victims in Vegas should have kept themselves safe by staying at home...but wait you gun nuts think people are coming into your homes for you and need guns to protect your families (have heard the protect my family argument many times here).  so which is it? if  you are worried you need a gun to protect your home even those victims in vegas wouldn't be safe at home  by gun advocates theories so what should they do?  let's all just bend over and take it hard and deep in the rear from the NRA just because they are so fucking stubborn they won't compromise at all for any meaningful gun legislation. and you wonder why people call gun advocates gun nuts.
    Wow...to me, “bending over” is not knowing to be aware of exits when you are at a concert, not knowing certain life saving techniques if you were in a situation where someone was bleeding out (maybe even during a car accident).  There were plenty of stories of people using these techniques to save lives during the Vegas shooting, but also plenty of examples of people being ignorant (see the dude standing and flipping the bird to the gunman).  I’m not sure why some of you see learning a bit of personal responsibility as a contradiction to gun control.  I would say that, on top of any gun control, people need to go back to take a little personal responsibility in learning some basic survival techniques.  And you wonder why some gun control pushers are called lazy dumbasses that cannot think for themselves.  Any of the legislation being touted by the most extreme gun control advocates would take YEARS to actually change anything...if it did at all.  Does not hurt to know a few basics about how to survive in the mean time...
    blaming the victims. what a new low you have achieved here.  bravo.  you must be so proud of yourself.
    Blaming the victims???  More like learning from the situation.  Stop trying to twist shit.  I know it’s the only card in some libtard playbooks, but seriously?  Do you not think everyone knowing some basic survival skills is a good thing?  You are basically encouraging ignorance.  

For me, your use of the word 'libtard' largely invalidates anything you have to say
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    So the answer is just be aware of all your sorroundings at all times now survival skills oh and be armed yourself but any new laws ? nah who can benefit from that no one ! so here we are back at step1 until the next massacre and round round we go ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    So the answer is just be aware of all your sorroundings at all times now survival skills oh and be armed yourself but any new laws ? nah who can benefit from that no one ! so here we are back at step1 until the next massacre and round round we go ...
    I don't think that is the sole answer but training can not hurt.  What is wrong with having situational awareness and being cpr certified?  Both can help you in pretty much any situation but definitely not all situations.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    I think survival skills are great, right up there with all sorts of do-it-yourself skill, in importance for daily living.  These skills are being lost.  How many people, for instance, can build a fire in the rain or know how to tie a bowline knot or even know what it is used for? 

But I would suggest a separate survival thread. A good place to start is with this book.

In any case, I don't see the point of going on and on about survival skills in a thread called "America's Gun Violence".  I can see why some here see other as inferring that the problem is at least somewhat with the victims.  I don't buy that. In the wild, danger lies at ever corner, yes.  But I'm not going to settle for that in so-called civilized places like our towns, cities, gathering places and neighborhoods.  And I don't like seeing the problem-- or even hinting at putting the problem-- on the victims.  We could do better than that and should demand it.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited October 2017
    ONCE AGAIN: he is proposing both. Keep fighting the good fight re: gun control but also learn basic survival skills with regards to a possible active shooter scenario. I cannot fathom why anyone would have an issue with this. I think people are so entrenched in their gun hatred, they will not allow themselves to see constructive suggestions by a "gun nut". 

And um, just to be clear, before someone tries again to accuse me of being a gun nut, let me introduce myself:

Hi, I'm Hugh Freaking Dillon. My friends/enemies call me HFD. I am a libtard who hates/fears guns, is pro-choice, thinks Donald Trump is an abhorent human being, an even worse president, agrees with Colin Kaepernick, socialized healthcare, a feminist, and is a Canadian who has an opinion on American politics, much to the dismay of many right-leaning Americans. 

If you have any questions, please direct them through my secretary, Beaver, who also is my pet moose. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

ONCE AGAIN: he is proposing both. Keep fighting the good fight re: gun control but also learn basic survival skills with regards to a possible active shooter scenario. I cannot fathom why anyone would have an issue with this. I think people are so entrenched in their gun hatred, they will not allow themselves to see constructive suggestions by a "gun nut". 

And um, just to be clear, before someone tries again to accuse me of being a gun nut, let me introduce myself:

Hi, I'm Hugh Freaking Dillon. My friends/enemies call me HFD. I am a libtard who hates/fears guns, is pro-choice, thinks Donald Trump is an abhorent human being, an even worse president, agrees with Colin Kaepernick, socialized healthcare, a feminist, and is a Canadian who has an opinion on American politics, much to the dismay of many right-leaning Americans. 

If you have any questions, please direct them through my secretary, Beaver, who also is my pet moose. 
    Ah ha!  I knew there was an explanation for this!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303

The person you are defending wants no gun restrictions. The options they are giving are not constructive, literally applying a band aid on a gunshot wound from an assault weapon. I take CPR training every year....that will have not prevent or mitigate mass shootings. That is delusional thinking.

I and others here are willing to meet the gun nuts half way with just an assault weapon ban, they can keep all the rest of their toys. The gun nuts don't want to give even an inch...because us libtards will "take a mile".

So go on defending that nonsense.

Also, I didn't call you a gun nut, I said that if you want to get behind stupid gun nut analogies and make up more of your own you might as well be in their lot.

• jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

Why would you use such a derogatory word as 'libtard' to refer to yourself, are you trying to encourage those who think this is a reasonable way to characterise those with opposing political views?? 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    brianlux said:
    I think survival skills are great, right up there with all sorts of do-it-yourself skill, in importance for daily living.  These skills are being lost.  How many people, for instance, can build a fire in the rain or know how to tie a bowline knot or even know what it is used for? 

But I would suggest a separate survival thread. A good place to start is with this book.

In any case, I don't see the point of going on and on about survival skills in a thread called "America's Gun Violence".  I can see why some here see other as inferring that the problem is at least somewhat with the victims.  I don't buy that. In the wild, danger lies at ever corner, yes.  But I'm not going to settle for that in so-called civilized places like our towns, cities, gathering places and neighborhoods.  And I don't like seeing the problem-- or even hinting at putting the problem-- on the victims.  We could do better than that and should demand it.
    Once again Brian comes through with a good book recommendation. I have that book sitting in my living room right where anyone can grab it and read it or borrow it.
    I highly recommend it for anyone who plans on spending any real time in the outdoors.
    brianlux said:

Once again Brian comes through with a good book recommendation. I have that book sitting in my living room right where anyone can grab it and read it or borrow it.
    I highly recommend it for anyone who plans on spending any real time in the outdoors.
    Yea, what a great book!  I sometimes wonder if that's our friend rgambs there on the cover!

dignin said:

The person you are defending wants no gun restrictions. The options they are giving are not constructive, literally applying a band aid on a gunshot wound from an assault weapon. I take CPR training every year....that will have not prevent or mitigate mass shootings. That is delusional thinking.

I and others here are willing to meet the gun nuts half way with just an assault weapon ban, they can keep all the rest of their toys. The gun nuts don't want to give even an inch...because us libtards will "take a mile".

Also, I didn't call you a gun nut, I said that if you want to get behind stupid gun nut analogies and make up more of your own you might as well be in their lot.

if you think he is suggesting that taking survival training will prevent mass shootings, I am not the one who is delusional. 

I am not defending the person, I'm defending the idea. But hey, if you think getting training and just being generally aware of their surroundings is a stupid idea, then hey, good on ya. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dignin said:

oh, and "You should jump on the knives analogy bandwagon with the other gun nutters...". Using the word "other" in this context implies I am one of them. Nice backtrack attempt, though. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Why would you use such a derogatory word as 'libtard' to refer to yourself, are you trying to encourage those who think this is a reasonable way to characterise those with opposing political views?? 
    nope. just humour. I am actually not a liberal. I am liberal leaning, but I vote depending on the needs of the populace as I see them. But I've been called libtard so many times by right wingers because they have no other argument and just throw that out (or snowflake or commie) because they aren't intelligent enough for anything else. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Maybe one of our resident gun "enthusiast" can explain the need for tracer and incendiary rounds? Also, please explain how making those illegal for public consumption is a violation of your 2nd Amendment rights. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited October 2017
    Maybe one of our resident gun "enthusiast" can explain the need for tracer and incendiary rounds? Also, please explain how making those illegal for public consumption is a violation of your 2nd Amendment rights. 
    Are those the hot topic now?  I can think of no need for them outside of the military.  I do not think that making them illegal would hurt too many gun enthusiasts feelings.  If it would make you feel better about things to ban them, then go right ahead.  But, humor me and explain how banning tracer rounds would have prevented any past or would prevent future gun violence?  Oh yeah, that’s not the intent, the intent is to “stick it to the gun nuts” as someone stated earlier.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • PJPOWER said:
    Maybe one of our resident gun "enthusiast" can explain the need for tracer and incendiary rounds? Also, please explain how making those illegal for public consumption is a violation of your 2nd Amendment rights. 
    Are those the hot topic now?  I can think of no need for them outside of the military.  I do not think that making them illegal would hurt too many gun enthusiasts feelings.  If it would make you feel better about things to ban them, then go right ahead.  But, humor me and explain how banning tracer rounds would have prevented any past or would prevent future gun violence?  Oh yeah, that’s not the intent, the intent is to “stick it to the gun nuts” as someone stated earlier.
    Typical response from a nutter. As hot as lead, apparently. Triggered again. Did you answer the questions posed or just get triggered?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited October 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    Typical response from a nutter. As hot as lead, apparently. Triggered again. Did you answer the questions posed or just get triggered?
    ??? I guess you are wanting me to say “typical response from a libtard”?  I thought I did answer the question when I stated that I cannot think of any need for tracer rounds outside of the military...?  Ban them, I personally would not cry about a 2nd Ammendment violation if they were banned.  I do not speak for every Second Ammendment supporter, though, and someone else may have other concerns.  Personally I think that they are a non-issue though.  You didn’t answer my question though.  Will banning tracer rounds solve anything or will they just make anti-gunners feel better?  Either way, go ahead and ban them.  I cannot think of anyone that would miss them...Are you fishing for a different response?
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ??? I guess you are wanting me to say “typical response from a libtard”?  I thought I did answer the question when I stated that I cannot think of any need for tracer rounds outside of the military...?  Ban them, I personally would not cry about a 2nd Ammendment violation if they were banned.  I do not speak for every Second Ammendment supporter, though, and someone else may have other concerns.  Personally I think that they are a non-issue though.  You didn’t answer my question though.  Will banning tracer rounds solve anything or will they just make anti-gunners feel better?  Either way, go ahead and ban them.  I cannot think of anyone that would miss them...Are you fishing for a different response?
    Did I say I wanted to ban them? I was just surprised that they're even available for public consumption. Its illustrative of how far the nutters have gone, that they think there isn't an issue allowing military grade weaponry into the public's hands. So you can walk your rounds into that deer? Or cluster of people cowering on a concert floor? Maybe combust the home invader? I don't get it. But you seem to think, oh well, if it makes you feel better.............What response did this libtard give? I asked a question and was immediately portrayed as being alarmist with the "hot topic" comment. You "enthusiast" seem awful defensive of your "hobby."

Brilliantati©
    edited October 2017
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    Did I say I wanted to ban them? I was just surprised that they're even available for public consumption. Its illustrative of how far the nutters have gone, that they think there isn't an issue allowing military grade weaponry into the public's hands. So you can walk your rounds into that deer? Or cluster of people cowering on a concert floor? Maybe combust the home invader? I don't get it. But you seem to think, oh well, if it makes you feel better.............What response did this libtard give? I asked a question and was immediately portrayed as being alarmist with the "hot topic" comment. You "enthusiast" seem awful defensive of your "hobby."
    I am not understanding your response. (Why are you so hostile?) Pjpower said ban them which I also agree with. I ve shot tracer bullets before in my m1 garand and ruger 10/22; I must admit it is cool to see at night but they serve no practical purpose. I couldn't care less if they get banned but are tracer bullets an issue?  Is there even a need to to regulate them based on crime statistics?

Post edited by mcgruff10 on
  • Tracer bullets would have been useful to the shitbird in Vegas after the crowd thinned out.

There's no need to regulate them based on crime statistics... just common sense. 'Cool to see at night' cannot be the reason we would not safeguard crowds of people from mutants with 'automatic' rifles.

Time is ticking before your next mass shooting. I wonder where it is going to be? 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I am not understanding your response. (Why are you so hostile?) Pjpower said ban them which I also agree with. I ve shot tracer bullets before in my m1 garand and ruger 10/22; I must admit it is cool to see at night but they serve no practical purpose. I couldn't care less if they get banned but are tracer bullets an issue?  Is there even a need to to regulate them based on crime statistics?

Why does there need to be some sort of crime statistics available that say they're a problem? You say your okay with banning them but then question the need for banning this military grade weaponry because of crime trends. Was there a problem with bump stocks 2 weeks ago? Let's try to be more proactive and prevent them from being the next tool citizens didn't need, but a psychopath took advantage of to maximize casualties.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Tracer bullets would have been useful to the shitbird in Vegas after the crowd thinned out.

There's no need to regulate them based on crime statistics... just common sense. 'Cool to see at night' cannot be the reason we would not safeguard crowds of people from mutants with 'automatic' rifles.

Time is ticking before your next mass shooting. I wonder where it is going to be? 
    Did he use tracer bullets?
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,587
    Tracer bullets would have been useful to the shitbird in Vegas after the crowd thinned out.

Defined as four or more people being shot, we've had 10 since Las Vegas. 
  • mcgruff10 said:

I said: 'would have been useful'.

I don't know if he used them or not, but if he could trace his line of fire... that would have assisted him after the 'shooting fish in a barrel' opportunity passed.
  • Tracer bullets would have been useful to the shitbird in Vegas after the crowd thinned out.

Defined as four or more people being shot, we've had 10 since Las Vegas. 

I'm talking the mass shootings of the real grandiose variety (the only ones where people stop to wonder if maybe change might be required).

Those other mass shootings are boring.
    mcgruff10 said:

I said: 'would have been useful'.

I don't know if he used them or not, but if he could trace his line of fire... that would have assisted him after the 'shooting fish in a barrel' opportunity passed.
    Oh hell yeah, that would have been bad. 
    Inciderary bullets....I had no clue that they even made them. I figured the last time they produced them was ww2. 
    I wish these discussions could come from a cool-headed, less-antagonistic place. Like, I get it, we anti-gunners are upset and have had enough. But why the need to constantly attack? how is that going to get anything constructive achieved? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Yup, don't make it illegal, just regulate it softly because everyone knows the ATF is fully funded and supported in their oversight role. Kind of like the EPA and the coal industry. There, I humored you PJPower. And Mace wonders why nothing changes?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/12/politics/nra-opposes-bump-stock-bills/index.html

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.