Options

Announcing Collectionzz 10/11/2017 Poster Flash Event!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,696
edited October 2017 in The Porch
https://blog.collectionzz.com/announcing-collectionzz-10-11-2017-poster-flash-event-3464b0d739c4

We are doing something very special for HalloWEEN, and offering up a great variety of old, new and rare Pearl Jam posters in this month’s Flash Event! Plus, we are honored to be donating the proceeds of the beautiful original artwork by Justin Hampton for his 2008 Wishlist Foundation poster to the Wishlist Foundation (more information is below)!

The Preview of the items for sale, along with photographs, and descriptions is now up here.

Collectionzz has teamed up with artist and illustrator, and frequent Ween gig poster creator, Justin Hampton, to offer up over a dozen very special Ween posters in celebration of HalloWEEN. They are all hand remarqued (doodled) by Justin to add a level of personalization and uniqueness to each. Many are also very low numbered, often #2s, which is the lowest number available to the public as artists generally keep the #1s for their archives. Many of the posters are from the epic three night Reunion Shows played in Broomfield, Colorado over Presidents’ Day Weekend 2016, and Justin told us a little about the inspiration behind the subject matter:

The shows were over the Presidents day weekend and the band wanted them to have a theme reflecting that. My concept that I pitched to them was having the Boognish shown throughout American History influencing some of the most revered Presidents of our nation. He encouraged Washington to cut down the cherry tree to incite a streak of rebellion that would lead him to rebel against the English and fight in the Revolutionary War. The Boognish helped Lincoln win the Civil War and free the slaves. The Boognish, however was kind of a bad influence on Kennedy and mostly partied with him and Marilyn Monroe. — Justin Hampton
Ween 2016 Broomfield, CO Night 1 Sparkle Foil. The Boognish is inspiring a young George Washington to chop down the cherry tree!

We also have a very rare #2/25 poster called ‘Buenas Tardes’. This poster was created for Ween’s show at the Neumos Crystal Ball in Seattle on October 11, 2004 and was based on the Ween song by the same name.

Ween 2004 Seattle Artist Print Poster #2/25 with an incredible doodle by Justin Hampton
“Buenas Tardes Amigo”
You killed my brother last winter
You shot him three times in the back
In the night I still hear mama weeping
Oh mama, still dresses in black!
So now… now that I’ve found you
On this such a joyous day
I tell you it was me who killed him
But the truth I’ll never have to say
Buenas tardes amigo
Hola, my good friend
Cinco de Mayo’s on Tuesday
And I hoped we’d see each other again.

Pearl Jam 1998 Las Vegas Poster by Ames Bros.

Once again, we will bring an unreal selection of Pearl Jam posters, with several from the “Golden Age” of 1996 and 1998 as well as modern classics, and all of which are highly coveted. If you’ve been with us for prior Flash Events, you know all about it. If this is your first, buckle up, its should be a fun ride!

U2/Pearl Jam 2006 Honolulu Printers Proof #1 Poster by Brad Klausen

Speaking of Pearl Jam, we are honored to be teaming up with the Wishlist Foundation which is a nonprofit, grassroots 501(c)(3) fan organization dedicated to supporting Pearl Jam’s charitable and philanthropic efforts and selling this original art from the Wishlist Foundation’s 2008 poster release:

From Collectionzz Steven Kotchek (left) and artist and illustrator Justin Hampton (right) showing his original artwork for Justin’s 2008 Wishlist Foundation poster.
“I created this image for the Wishlist Foundation as an metaphor of hope, healing and rebirth. The flowers are growing from the seeds of thought and the is hand reaching up to the light to replenish and renew.” — Justin Hampton

How will this Flash Event work?

You must be a Collectionzz member to participate in the Flash Event (it is free to join here).

The Preview of the items for sale, along with photographs, and descriptions is now up here. The items are not yet for sale, but Collectionzz members can take their time to review the items to determine whether they wish to purchase them in a prepared fashion. As always, prices of items will be shown when the event goes live. The Preview will end on October 11, 2017 at approximately 12:00pm EDT.

On October 11, 2017 at 2pm EDT the Flash Event will begin at the Flash Event page located at here. You must be logged into your account or the website will not redirect you to the event once the countdown clock ends. Once redirected, members have the opportunity to purchase items on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note, items are not reserved if they are in your cart, you must check out to ensure you get the item!

If you have any questions about Collectionzz or the Flash Event, please contact us at connect@collectionzz.com

Comments

• Options
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/

@ Steven K ..

#Collectionzz is extremely proud to be selling this original art by Justin Hampton that was used for the Wishlist Foundation's 2008 poster. 100% of the proceeds will go directly to the Wish ListFoundation. After asking Justin about his inspiration behind this piece, it became all the more powerful. The original poster, and the finished version, will be available on 10/11 @ 2pm. For more information, please go to this link: goo.gl/zqbZaF

• Options
    sak300zxsak300zx Posts: 720
    Thanks for posting @demetrios!
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    edited October 2017
    B)
    Post edited by 2-feign-reluctance on
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    yay! a chance to 'be a part of the community' and make irrational decisions and overpay for stuff!
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,691
    MayDay10 said:
    yay! a chance to 'be a part of the community' and make irrational decisions and overpay for stuff!
    yikes, They generally make very hard to find items available at what seem to be very fair prices in the market. They cannot be blamed for the bubble in the market that has developed over the last 18 months as a consequence of raffles.....although they can be thanked for working hard to acquire private collections and to offer very much in demand items to the fanbase that is screaming out for them. It is extremely difficult to track down whole collections of 1998 posters at the best of times, but to do it on a monthly basis to make things fun for us all is no mean feat
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I apologize.  I'm a bitter old man.  Your endorsement carries weight with me.
  • Options
    maverickmaverick Posts: 1,183
    pdalowsky said:
    MayDay10 said:
    yikes, They generally make very hard to find items available at what seem to be very fair prices in the market. They cannot be blamed for the bubble in the market that has developed over the last 18 months as a consequence of raffles.....although they can be thanked for working hard to acquire private collections and to offer very much in demand items to the fanbase that is screaming out for them. It is extremely difficult to track down whole collections of 1998 posters at the best of times, but to do it on a monthly basis to make things fun for us all is no mean feat
    Well said 
  • Options
  • Options

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers/

#Collectionzz is selling this beautiful original art by Justin Hampton on Wednesday at 2pm EDT with 100% of the proceeds going to the Wish ListFoundation:

"I created this image for the Wishlist Foundation as a metaphor of hope, healing and rebirth. The flowers are growing from the seeds of thought and the hand is reaching up to the light to replenish and renew." -Justin Hampton

More info can be found here: goo.gl/5Ds9Ee

• Options
    Just a reminder... the Flash Event is tomorrow (not Fridays as usual)! Tons of great early PJ posters, plus, more importantly, Collectionzz has a great piece of original art with 100% of the proceeds going to the Wishlist Foundation! More info can be found here: goo.gl/5Ds9Ee
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,382
    Someone beat me to the Sao Paulo. Bad wifi is not fun to be stuck in. 

Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    we are up and running!
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,382
    I didn’t expect to see the Bioworkz msg print sell, at least not as quick as it did. Rarely ever see it up for sale though 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited October 2017
    Never knew the Munk One Antwerp poster was a tribute to a World War I event and poem. That’s amazing 

Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Never knew the Munk One Antwerp poster was a tribute to a World War I event and poem. That’s amazing 

Yeah, it is very powerful stuff.
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    another great 'flash' round, that seemed to go real smooth and fast......suggesting the items are being priced attractively
  • Options
    Collectionzz certainly have a knack of finding the stuff people are thirsty for
  • Options

I thought the severed hand was because of the congo?

"One of the enduring images of the Free State was the severed hands which became "the most potent symbol of colonial brutality".[31] The practice was comparatively common in colonial Africa (by the Portuguese in Cabinda, for example)[30] and originated in connection with the rubber industry. "
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    another great 'flash' round, that seemed to go real smooth and fast......suggesting the items are being priced attractively
    Thank you Paul, seems like everyone is happy and the Wishlist Foundation items sold immediately which is awesome for them.
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options

"One of the enduring images of the Free State was the severed hands which became "the most potent symbol of colonial brutality".[31] The practice was comparatively common in colonial Africa (by the Portuguese in Cabinda, for example)[30] and originated in connection with the rubber industry. "
    That's an interesting theory as well Chris... maybe both are right?
    www.Collectionzz.com
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,557

In Flanders fields the poppies grow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.