New Rolling Stone Pearl Jam Special Collector's Edition

1235»

Comments

• mdgsolomdgsolo Posts: 782
    I hadn't realized that Speed of Sound was written for a Ronnie Wood solo album but was passed on by mr. Wood
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    Does anyone know if this is just going to be available in North America? I'd love to be able to find a copy of this in Ireland if it was available anywhere.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • PJinIL said:
    If I'm not mistaken, there's a photo captioned something about Eddie hoisting a fan on stage, but I believe that's Mike on his shoulders. My mag is at home, sorry for the lack of details. Haven't read it through yet...but it's put together nicely. I'm afraid to read the album reviews.
    I just noticed the same caption when reading it yesterday. It's definitely McCready on Ed's shoulders.

• Yep, absolutely Mike. RS error.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    These are all over Walmarts.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    edited October 2017
    As much as I have soured on RS over the years, her special Pink Floyd edition was marvelous.  I imagine we will get a lot of height of Fame era goodies and some cool stuff, probably worth a look if like the Pink Floyd one
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    My brother in law saw one today and picked it up for me. I haven't had much time to flip through it because I went straight to the 2006 cover article. 
    I'm very fond of this article because it talks about Mike running into fans as he was leaving the Rock Hall in 2006. That was my best mate and I. We flew out to Cleveland from St. Louis on a cheap Southwest flight. Don King, waving his stupid little flags, was on our flight. That asshole and his guards even got to pre-board. So we're a couple of minutes into the flight and I say that we should hit up the Hall, because I bet we'd run into someone. So we go to the Hall, go down the escalator into the first exhibit, and within twenty feet we pass Mike and the Rolling Stone writer. I nudge my buddy and he makes a loud, yet subtle, "Mike!" call. Mike turns around and waves us over and we say hello and wish him a good show. Nothing too deep. Honestly, I don't know what anyone said, but I remember being amazed at how soft Mike's hand was. I still can't believe it happened. 

And while we're on it, Cleveland 2006 is one of the most underrated shows of the last, say, 15 years. 
  • My brother in law saw one today and picked it up for me. I haven't had much time to flip through it because I went straight to the 2006 cover article. 
    I'm very fond of this article because it talks about Mike running into fans as he was leaving the Rock Hall in 2006. That was my best mate and I. We flew out to Cleveland from St. Louis on a cheap Southwest flight. Don King, waving his stupid little flags, was on our flight. That asshole and his guards even got to pre-board. So we're a couple of minutes into the flight and I say that we should hit up the Hall, because I bet we'd run into someone. So we go to the Hall, go down the escalator into the first exhibit, and within twenty feet we pass Mike and the Rolling Stone writer. I nudge my buddy and he makes a loud, yet subtle, "Mike!" call. Mike turns around and waves us over and we say hello and wish him a good show. Nothing too deep. Honestly, I don't know what anyone said, but I remember being amazed at how soft Mike's hand was. I still can't believe it happened. 

And while we're on it, Cleveland 2006 is one of the most underrated shows of the last, say, 15 years. 

Cool!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hrd2imgn said:
    As much as I have soured on RS over the years, her special Pink Floyd edition was marvelous.  I imagine we will get a lot of height of Fame era goodies and some cool stuff, probably worth a look if like the Pink Floyd one
    the pink floyd one is WAY better (and bigger) than the PJ one. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited October 2017
    My brother in law saw one today and picked it up for me. I haven't had much time to flip through it because I went straight to the 2006 cover article. 

Cleveland is probably my favourite 2006 show (aside from maybe some of the Italy gigs). Check out "Immortality" and "Black" from that show...perfection.

Thank you, Cleveland...I'm saying "Cleveland" but I'm addressing you all as individuals ...so "thank you individuals from Cleveland." - EV
    rummy said:

Cleveland is probably my favourite 2006 show (aside from maybe some of the Italy gigs). Check out "Immortality" and "Black" from that show...perfection.

Thank you, Cleveland...I'm saying "Cleveland" but I'm addressing you all as individuals ...so "thank you individuals from Cleveland." - EV
    Agreed. I think Grand Rapids gets a lot of votes because of a set list with some real standouts. Cleveland has an amazing set list and some sneaky songs in the encore that really add up. That version of Thumbing My Way gives me chills. Ed going up an octave towards the end just brought the song to a new level. 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136

The takeaway? Mike has soft hands.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.

The takeaway? Mike has soft hands.
    That's exactly what I took away from it, too. 
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I haven't seen one at Walmart yet, but I did see this. Close enough?

Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    Does anyone know if this is just going to be available in North America? I'd love to be able to find a copy of this in Ireland if it was available anywhere.
    You can order it at www.newsstand.co.uk
    Release date will be October 16th.
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    rummy said:

Agreed. I think Grand Rapids gets a lot of votes because of a set list with some real standouts. Cleveland has an amazing set list and some sneaky songs in the encore that really add up. That version of Thumbing My Way gives me chills. Ed going up an octave towards the end just brought the song to a new level. 
    He goes up a notch during the "It's Okay" tag during Daughter as well.
  • It's OK. Nice to have the old interviews collected. But PJ never really did much with RS after 96 and I'll never forgive them for the tabloid story. It's mainly just 5 interviews, some old pics we've seen many times and a few small guides that don't say anything new. Still, worth picking up for hardcore fans. 
    It's OK. Nice to have the old interviews collected. But PJ never really did much with RS after 96 and I'll never forgive them for the tabloid story. It's mainly just 5 interviews, some old pics we've seen many times and a few small guides that don't say anything new. Still, worth picking up for hardcore fans. 
    I think that one picture of Jeff jumping on stage has been used by RS 100 times. 

tabloid story?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Tabloid: 1996 "interview"

When Ed finally talked to RS again in 06, they screwed PJ again and put him on cover instead of whole band. Which is why he wiped his butt with mag on stage. 
    Tabloid: 1996 "interview"

When Ed finally talked to RS again in 06, they screwed PJ again and put him on cover instead of whole band. Which is why he wiped his butt with mag on stage. 
    yeah, I knew about 06, i just didn't know anything about the 96 one. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    Can this issue be bought online?
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    Those who come to the Buenos Aires show can get their copy in Spanish from Rolling Stone Argentina
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...