psst...10/10/2017

Comments

• Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    CopperTom said:
    KW6232 said:
    $6.99 to ship a sticker?
    C'mon 10C shipping!  I'm sure shipping costs $3.00 max.  Don't price gouge us.
    It's extra because of the Innovations involved with mailing ha!
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,880
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,996
    I like this shirt...got one ordered.Thanks!
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203
    It looks like both the shirt and stickers only let you put one in the cart...
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,901
    Went ahead and ordered both!  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • tbergs said:
    Stickers! @tempo_n_groove
    Thank you much @tbergs
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Yay!  Thanks 10c & Pearl Jam.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    That sucks about the defaulting quantities. I thought I had ordered a shirt and three stickers. Then when I read this thread I went back and checked my receipt to find that it only let me score the shirt and one sticker.

Bogus, dudes.
  • AceCool said:
    That sucks about the defaulting quantities. I thought I had ordered a shirt and three stickers. Then when I read this thread I went back and checked my receipt to find that it only let me score the shirt and one sticker.

Bogus, dudes.
    So I vote for you having the second best user name on here @AceCool You are beat out though by @Guy Dudebro
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,082
    Great shirt.  Almost $40 with shipping...probably going to pass.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    What's the deal with the sticker limit of 1? The quantity drop down goes higher than 1 but in cart/checkout it sticks to one. If I'm going to pay $7 to ship a sticker I'd like to go ahead and just order two or three ($7 on a $5 sticker...?). 
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,492
    CopperTom said:
    KW6232 said:
    $6.99 to ship a sticker?
    Try 46 cents.  I'm sure that sticker fits in a standard letter envelope with a first class stamp.
  • JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,409
    Anyone familiar with the fitting on these shirts?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    What's the deal with the sticker limit of 1? The quantity drop down goes higher than 1 but in cart/checkout it sticks to one. If I'm going to pay $7 to ship a sticker I'd like to go ahead and just order two or three ($7 on a $5 sticker...?). 
    Indeed.  I don't want more of this but we get limited on a sticker but a non 10c member can go buy a box of zippos.  Real crap
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    CopperTom said:
    KW6232 said:
    $6.99 to ship a sticker?
    Try 46 cents.  I'm sure that sticker fits in a standard letter envelope with a first class stamp.
    It's 11" × 4".  If they fold it, I agree with $0.49.  If they use a large padded envelope to keep it straight, it would be $3.00.  Using a large, regular envelope would be $1.19.  I understand adding the cost of the mailer, but this is overboard.
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I work in the logistics/shipping industry, and while I typically agree with the majority of the gripes about shipping costs and 10C's distribution practices, in the case of shipping a single sticker, I'm going to side with 10C on this one. Here's the deal - you're not just paying for the stamp or postage necessary to get the sticker to you. Even though it's a small and lightweight object, there's still a minimal cost in the labor to process your order, pack it (even if it's just an envelope), print a shipping label, and the materials associated with it. It seems as though 10C has a minimum S&H cost in place, which when associated with a small item such as a sticker or patch, is going to seem outlandish. My only suggestion for members would be to try and consolidate more items into the order - not the best overall solution, but I ordered the 'Let's Play Two' Blu-Ray, the Halloween shirt, and the sticker, and my S&H still came out to $6.99. As someone who processes a lot of small parcel shipments myself, even something as light as 1 lb. might still be the same cost as something that's 3-4 lbs. based on the courier's minimum shipping charges, and the fact that for us, the labor process is relatively the same, whether placing 1 or 5 objects in the package. My only suggestion to 10C to bring down the cost would be to have a bunch of these stickers pre-packed into flat cardboard mailers, ready to go, then simply print the member's address label and a slap stamp on it. That would probably take a little more work on their end though, from a logistics standpoint, to segregate those orders into a specific process and assign the required resources to process only that apart from the other orders with multiple items. As I've seen time and time again though, with other bands and retailers, there's only so much you can do in-house before it becomes counter-productive/counter-profitable until you go out to a 3rd party specifically set up to do this kind of thing, often with far more resources and at a far lower cost. My two cents anyway...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    I work in the logistics/shipping industry, and while I typically agree with the majority of the gripes about shipping costs and 10C's distribution practices, in the case of shipping a single sticker, I'm going to side with 10C on this one. Here's the deal - you're not just paying for the stamp or postage necessary to get the sticker to you. Even though it's a small and lightweight object, there's still a minimal cost in the labor to process your order, pack it (even if it's just an envelope), print a shipping label, and the materials associated with it. It seems as though 10C has a minimum S&H cost in place, which when associated with a small item such as a sticker or patch, is going to seem outlandish. My only suggestion for members would be to try and consolidate more items into the order - not the best overall solution, but I ordered the 'Let's Play Two' Blu-Ray, the Halloween shirt, and the sticker, and my S&H still came out to $6.99. As someone who processes a lot of small parcel shipments myself, even something as light as 1 lb. might still be the same cost as something that's 3-4 lbs. based on the courier's minimum shipping charges, and the fact that for us, the labor process is relatively the same, whether placing 1 or 5 objects in the package. My only suggestion to 10C to bring down the cost would be to have a bunch of these stickers pre-packed into flat cardboard mailers, ready to go, then simply print the member's address label and a slap stamp on it. That would probably take a little more work on their end though, from a logistics standpoint, to segregate those orders into a specific process and assign the required resources to process only that apart from the other orders with multiple items. As I've seen time and time again though, with other bands and retailers, there's only so much you can do in-house before it becomes counter-productive/counter-profitable until you go out to a 3rd party specifically set up to do this kind of thing, often with far more resources and at a far lower cost. My two cents anyway...
    I think you had one too many cups of coffee...
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    shecky said:
    We call those "weekdays." :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,463
    shecky said:
    We call those "weekdays." :)
    Lmao 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203
    Nicely stated. As someone who recently took over managing our mail room I agree. It's also apparent that the constant complaints in the public threads are getting nowhere so maybe trying a direct message would at least maybe not fall flat.

There are a few guarantees that you can bank on every 10th in regards to people's response:
    1. Nothing good in the newsletter
    2. Why is shipping so much (insert comparison)
    3. Where's the 2016 single? No, really, where is it?
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Done & Done! :jack_o_lantern:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,141
    got shipping email already..thanks 10c
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,901
    got shipping email already..thanks 10c
    Just got mine too
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • u can purchase more than one at a time now
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    u can purchase more than one at a time now
    Well, shit, man.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Five_HoleFive_Hole Posts: 92
    edited October 2017
    I can't seem to add either the sticker or shirt to my cart. I select a qty and hit the "add to cart" button and it takes me to an empty cart.

Edit: Tried a different browser and it worked with no issues. Weird.
    Post edited by Five_Hole on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,651
    u can purchase more than one at a time now
    Sweet! Added 5 to cart. Shipping is $11.99. So much better then buying 1 sticker for $11.99 shipping that's for sure.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,651
    Was this note just added today over @ https://pearljam.com/shop/featured-items/2017-pearl-jam-halloween-sticker

Ordering Pro Tip- order this item with something else to save on shipping!

• demetrios said:
    Was this note just added today over @ https://pearljam.com/shop/featured-items/2017-pearl-jam-halloween-sticker

Ordering Pro Tip- order this item with something else to save on shipping!

Feel like it should say "Ordering Pro Tip- you have to decide whether to order 1 of this item or risk it selling out if you want to order a few of them!
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,205
    JojoRice said:
    Hopefully they fix the sticker glitch too so we can order more than 1