New Rolling Stone Pearl Jam Special Collector's Edition

Comments

• Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Out in Victoria
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    nothing in Winnipeg at Shoppers or Chapters yet. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557
    Not seeing it in Alberta yet either. Stores I’ve checked still have the last special issue out. 
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    They just put them out here.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    jazzbo26 said:

Didn’t need Mueller to rectify this situation!
    Ha...well done @jazzbo26
    :lol:
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I just bought it at the Chapters in Victoria.   It was on the opposite side of the aisle that I saw the current issue and the last special on the other day.  Good to know it's out there.
    got it last night at Shopper's in Winnipeg. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Got it at Shoppers as well and there was plenty of copies
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    There was a stack at the Barnes and Noble in Asheville NC. We picked up two, one to read and one to save.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Anyone in europe see this??
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    BLACK35 said:
    Good old SDM.. I got mine there, too.

Almost $20 with tax! Admittedly, I didn't look at the "price tag" before I went to pay.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    rummy said:
    BLACK35 said:

Almost $20 with tax! Admittedly, I didn't look at the "price tag" before I went to pay.
    I also had the price shock when I picked mine up from SDM last Friday :)
    rummy said:
    BLACK35 said:

I knew what I was getting into after buying a few of these before. But yeah, $20 for old articles stings a bit.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 398
    Costco is carrying them. All of their magazines are at least 30% off. I already bought mine at Barnes & Noble so I didn't check to find out exactly how much Costco was marking it down. 
  • PSA for people who go looking for this and can't find it: Always check the check out lines. 

I went to my local B&N and could not find the thing in the 7 or 8 isles of Magazines that they have. I figured they didn't have it on the shelf yet, so I walked around and looked at other things. As I was checking out, I noticed the cover at the BOTTOM right of the magazine stand that is only accessible if you enter the check out area. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    edited October 2017
    There's a few copies here at the Bedford Shopping Centre.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • PJinILPJinIL satan's bed Posts: 431
    If I'm not mistaken, there's a photo captioned something about Eddie hoisting a fan on stage, but I believe that's Mike on his shoulders. My mag is at home, sorry for the lack of details. Haven't read it through yet...but it's put together nicely. I'm afraid to read the album reviews.
    It's amazing what you hear when you take time to listen.
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    edited October 2017
    PJinIL said:
    If I'm not mistaken, there's a photo captioned something about Eddie hoisting a fan on stage, but I believe that's Mike on his shoulders. My mag is at home, sorry for the lack of details. Haven't read it through yet...but it's put together nicely. I'm afraid to read the album reviews.
    I just noticed the same caption when reading it yesterday. It's definitely McCready on Ed's shoulders.
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,181
    edited October 2017
    Barnes and Noble in Wilkes Barre, PA had 3, now 1, in the magazine section and has about 20 with the magazines near checkout, closest to the door.  
  • VikkivaleVikkivale Los Angeles, CA Posts: 222
    Gelsons (grocery store) in Los Angeles has a bunch.
  • I almost bought this today but the visual of angry EV wiping his ass with a Rolling Stone magazine during a performance stopped me. Did Rolling Stone need permission from PJ to print this?  If so I wont buy. 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    PJinIL said:
    pretty sure they're the old reviews
    I miss igotid88
    In all honesty, I'm having buyer's remorse with this purchase. I think my $20 could have been better spent on a different PJ item...actual music, a shirt, movie tickets, .... concert tickets.
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    rummy said:
    In all honesty, I'm having buyer's remorse with this purchase. I think my $20 could have been better spent on a different PJ item...actual music, a shirt, movie tickets, .... concert tickets.
    Had considered buying the mag, but the more I read this thread, the less I'm inclined to do so.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
    Sarah said:
    rummy said:
    Had considered buying the mag, but the more I read this thread, the less I'm inclined to do so.
    I was hoping they'd have a bit more about the albums and the songs. Y'know, like one of those "every song ranked" lists. If anything,  these always spark good conversations/ debates.
  • Jerome230Jerome230 Posts: 903
    I’m glad they didn’t include the “Inventing Eddie Vedder” article. It portrayed him as though he was making his whole persona as a stage act. 
    Ed...buddy...pal...stay true to your word and play Boise again.

Seattle, 12.7.93
    Salt Lake, 6.21.98
    Mountain View, 10.30.99
    Mountain View, 10.31.99
    Boise, 11.3.00
    Portland, 9.26.09
  • PSA for people who go looking for this and can't find it: Always check the check out lines. 

I went to my local B&N and could not find the thing in the 7 or 8 isles of Magazines that they have. I figured they didn't have it on the shelf yet, so I walked around and looked at other things. As I was checking out, I noticed the cover at the BOTTOM right of the magazine stand that is only accessible if you enter the check out area. 
    That's where I found mine in Asheville yesterday. Almost didn't see it. Think I freaked my sister in law out a bit when I got too excited. :lol:

I'm through with screaming
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Target had em at the checkout too
    rummy said:
    Sarah said:
    rummy said:
    I was hoping they'd have a bit more about the albums and the songs. Y'know, like one of those "every song ranked" lists. If anything,  these always spark good conversations/ debates.
    I really liked it. I haven't finished reading it. I missed out on a lot of the previous RS interviews and reviews, so having them all packaged in one mag is good for me. Anything I didn't previously know? not much, but I still dig it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD