Comments

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    This is a thread about gun violence in America, and we are still laying to rest the victims of the worst single instance of gun violence in America.

If you think it's an appropriate time to voice your immature sarcasm, that's on you.
    I call bullshit when I see it, and it stinks around here.
    Ok so sarcasm not about mass shootings still disrespects people shot and killed in the worst single instance of gun violence in America.  Got it.  

Would you stand by your conduct today if you knew one of the 500 people who were shot last week were reading this?  What about the family of one of the 59 people who died?
    You wouldn't be ashamed to have made your little wannabe cute and wannabe clever quips?

Did you do the same a week after 9/11?  I doubt it.

Again, I would never disrespect anybody who died or got hurt in last week's shooting nor do I think my sarcastic remarks about banning knives in England correlated at all to what happened in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Would I make a joke about banning knives in England in front of people who were shot last week in Las Vegas...um I guess. (although I fail to see how that would be brought up in conversation)
     Would I make a joke about bump stocks?  Obviously no.  Big difference.  

you disrespect them by defending guns and gun owners.
    Hahaha, and there you have it.  I wonder how many of them are gun owners that defend the right to own guns.  You disrespect them by automatically thinking that they align with your beliefs.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,874
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    This is a thread about gun violence in America, and we are still laying to rest the victims of the worst single instance of gun violence in America.

If you think it's an appropriate time to voice your immature sarcasm, that's on you.
    Ok so sarcasm not about mass shootings still disrespects people shot and killed in the worst single instance of gun violence in America.  Got it.  

Would you stand by your conduct today if you knew one of the 500 people who were shot last week were reading this?  What about the family of one of the 59 people who died?
    You wouldn't be ashamed to have made your little wannabe cute and wannabe clever quips?

Again, I would never disrespect anybody who died or got hurt in last week's shooting nor do I think my sarcastic remarks about banning knives in England correlated at all to what happened in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Would I make a joke about banning knives in England in front of people who were shot last week in Las Vegas...um I guess. (although I fail to see how that would be brought up in conversation)

With that line of thinking I guess everyone who drinks a beer disrespects people who have died in a dui. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,239
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

With that line of thinking I guess everyone who drinks a beer disrespects people who have died in a dui. 
    Why, did they have a beer so they could commit a DUI? A gun is picked up and used for killing. A beer can be a factor in why someone died or was killed. Not the same.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Why, did they have a beer so they could commit a DUI? A gun is picked up and used for killing. A beer can be a factor in why someone died or was killed. Not the same.
    So, then, everyone that picks up a gun is “disrespectful” to those that died in Vegas?  Just trying to truly understand wth you are talking about...
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

So, then, everyone that picks up a gun is “disrespectful” to those that died in Vegas?  Just trying to truly understand wth you are talking about...
    No, but everyone who straight up trolls the American Gun Violence thread is.
    That would be you of course.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    There sure are a lot of gun nuts showing their true colours and embarrassing themselves today.

Keep it up, looks good on you guys.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

no.  everyone who defends drunk driving disrespects those who died in a dui.  But no one defends that behavior because that is normal intelligent thought to not defend that behavior.  i guess intelligent thought is a bit too much to ask of gun owners though.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    There sure are a lot of gun nuts showing their true colours and embarrassing themselves today.

By making odd coorelations between England and Vegas?  Yeah that wasn't us. 
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Lol, wow...So you make a couple sarcastic comments about UK gun laws in a Pearl Jam forum about American Gun Violence and all the sudden you are disrespectful of the victims in Vegas??  Please enlighten me further about how the association part of an eccentric leftist brain works!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Lol, wow...So you make a couple sarcastic comments about UK gun laws in a Pearl Jam forum about American Gun Violence and all the sudden you are disrespectful of the victims in Vegas??  Please enlighten me further about how the association part of an eccentric leftist brain works!
    I just put my toddler down for a nap so I'm going to go ahead and take a break from that mentality for a bit.  Have fun with your trolling!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

Poorly stated on my part. RG and pjhawks have it covered though.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:

Uh huh...

• Options
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    rgambs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    tbergs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pjhawks said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:

I just put my toddler down for a nap so I'm going to go ahead and take a break from that mentality for a bit.  Have fun with your trolling!
    Happy napping!
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:

Uh huh...

Aren't you the same guy that said I should hunt birds with rifles?
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:

Uh huh...

lol that's well done, you expressed the sentiment I couldn't, and better than I ever would have thought to.
  • Options
    There have been some incongruent and silly parallels presented which have managed to draw the ire of gun opponents. But to be fair... there have been some comments from gun opponents which have been inflammatory as well. 

In my mind, asking for people to concede hunting rights and sometimes shaming them for shooting their protein versus buying it in a store where someone else has killed it for them is not cool. I've stated it before, but I respect responsible hunting even though I don't do it myself.

A hunter that kills his animal and utilizes most if not all the entire carcass is to be respected far more than the slob who... oh... say... orders 20 hot wings at the local pub- where the bones are so soft from being raised in cages you don't even know if you bit one or not (not to mention comes home to his deep freeze where boxes of frozen, factory farmed meat from Costco are ready to be consumed). 

There's a middle way, people. This issue can't be 'all or nothing'. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    edited October 2017

dignin said:

My cheeks are so red from all the embarrassment!   So much embarrassment!  Almost as embarrassed as the person that said “every gun is made to kill people”.  Now, if I had said that, I would truly be embarrassed.  I find it hard to interact in a serious conversation with anti-hunters and people that make absurd comments like that.  Therefore I regress to try and stay on the same level as them...and it just turns into sarcastic jibber jabber.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    There have been some incongruent and silly parallels presented which have managed to draw the ire of gun opponents. But to be fair... there have been some comments from gun opponents which have been inflammatory as well. 

In my mind, asking for people to concede hunting rights and sometimes shaming them for shooting their protein versus buying it in a store where someone else has killed it for them is not cool. I've stated it before, but I respect responsible hunting even though I don't do it myself.

A hunter that kills his animal and utilizes most if not all the entire carcass is to be respected far more than the slob who... oh... say... orders 20 hot wings at the local pub- where the bones are so soft from being raised in cages you don't even know if you bit one or not (not to mention comes home to his deep freeze where boxes of frozen, factory farmed meat from Costco are ready to be consumed). 

Dude, I know that we have had our disagreements, but I am 100% in alignment with you here.  Sorry for my string of sarcasm, it really just started out humorous to me and kept getting fueled by the irrational shots comming back.  Thanks for keeping a bit of sanity throughout it all, lol
  • Options
    edited October 2017

To be fair, equating guns to knives is what really sidetracked this thread. I have no problem with someone who hunts their own food, but denying that a gun is made to kill is as ludicrous as claiming you should be able to own as many as you want because it's your right. There is no middle ground there, just as there is none for those who say guns are only made to kill people. Both views are way off.
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

My cheeks are so red from all the embarrassment!   So much embarrassment!  Almost as embarrassed as the person that said “every gun is made to kill people”.  Now, if I had said that, I would truly be embarrassed.  I find it hard to interact in a serious conversation with anti-hunters and people that make absurd comments like that.  Therefore I regress to try and stay on the same level as them...and it just turns into sarcastic jibber jabber.

I never wonder to see men wicked, but I often wonder to see them not ashamed.
    -Jonathan Swift
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Dude, I know that we have had our disagreements, but I am 100% in alignment with you here.  Sorry for my string of sarcasm, it really just started out humorous to me and kept getting fueled by the irrational shots comming back.  Thanks for keeping a bit of sanity throughout it all, lol

You would never need to apologize to me for expressing your viewpoint unless it was an unfair, cheap shot at me personally. Even then... I have thick skin (although Byrnzie managed to wound me every now and then lol).

We do disagree a lot, but I'm pretty sure if we were together sometime... there would be some fun to be had.

I'm killing time before heading to the in-laws for factory farmed turkey and ham. A nice ipa in hand, a mountain bike ride under the belt, and Damn the Torpedoes spinning on my turntable.

Lol. Truth be told... I'm also flicking through my Tim Horton's Hockey Cards. My family thinks I've gone off the deep end.
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

I never wonder to see men wicked, but I often wonder to see them not ashamed.
    -Jonathan Swift
    "He wrapped himself in quotations- as a beggar would enfold himself in the purple of Emperors." 
    -Kipling
  • Options
    tbergs said:

To be fair, equating guns to knives is what really sidetracked this thread. I have no problem with someone who hunts their own food, but denying that a gun is made to kill is as ludicrous as claiming you should be able to own as many as you want because it's your right. There is no middle ground there, just as there is none for those who say guns are only made to kill people. Both views are way off.
    And this is fair.
  • Options
    tbergs said:

And this is fair.
    Del, You are the fairest of them all!
  • Options
    jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    Jesus lads, the level of debate went seriously downhill here today. The facetious attempts to compare the threat of knives to that of guns is nothing short of ridiculous. Also, can I just point out that 8 of my brothers and their families live in England and have never mentioned any issue or fear of knife violence 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:

And this is fair.

Okay... before I say anything at all... does my sarcasm meter need to be turned up here?
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    I refuse to use anything but a knife to butter my toast.
    That’s fine as long as it’s made out of plastic and only has serrated edges. Anything else is a murder weapon
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    tbergs said:

And this is fair.

Okay... before I say anything at all... does my sarcasm meter need to be turned up here?
    No not at all.  Although I am still disappointed in you for not picking up my sarcasm before. 

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    Here's  the best solution to the 2nd amendment  and gun control debate.......

Someone tell Herr drumpf, his advisers,  and supporters that President Obama was responsible for the 2nd amendment and was against gun control and national gun registry.

He would move so fast to get rid of the 2nd amendment and institute widespread gun control and national  registry that you would think someone's life depended on it. And his base would totally support him on it.
  • Options
    Here's  the best solution to the 2nd amendment  and gun control debate.......

Someone tell Herr drumpf, his advisers,  and supporters that President Obama was responsible for the 2nd amendment and was against gun control and national gun registry.

He would move so fast to get rid of the 2nd amendment and institute widespread gun control and national  registry that you would think someone's life depended on it. And his base would totally support him on it.
    Ha, that would almost work.  Only problem is you would have the complete reverse effect on the Obama supporter side and all of the anti-Trump folks would then be staunch hardline 2nd Amendment supporters and totally against any kind of “Trump era  gun control” 
This discussion has been closed.