Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Somebody help me, I've got to shart.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,687
    What the author of the article says seems plausible.  My own take on this is that hopefully there are people in high positions that aren't willing to let Trump lead the world into a no-win nuclear war. 

My other thought is that we've been living under the threat of nuclear annihilation for several decades (If I'm correct, somewhere between 65 and 70 years).  Sticking one's head in the sand and pretending it's not a problem is not going to help but, trust me, worrying about it does no good either.  There are lots of good, caring smart people in the world.  Be close to those kinds of people.  Stay away from idiots and fools- don't hate them or harm them, just stay away.  Be a part of what works, do or make something useful, get off the internet once in a while and be in the real world, breath, listen to good music, experience the moment, expand your mind.  Laugh or cry or both.

That's my 2 cents (or centavos, euros, rubles or what ever).
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Pence? In England hahaha.true words brian. Very true. Atm i am trying that very thing. Experience the moment. Its so hard with my constant looking forward or back. Truly being mindful and living in this moment is the key but also the hardest
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    No shit this in my local £1 store. Mocking trump has never been so cheap and easy. Anybody want any card cut outs postage paid by me?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Somebody help me, I've got to shart.

"Somebody loosen this girdle!"
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    John Oliver called trump the Harvey Weinstein of presidents. Now that is funny.
  • Options
    Latest tweet.......

Our country has been unsuccessfully dealing with North Korea for 25 years, giving billions of dollars & getting nothing. Policy didn't work! The trip by @VP Pence was long planned. He is receiving great praise for leaving game after the players showed such disrespect for country!

• Options
    No shit this in my local £1 store. Mocking trump has never been so cheap and easy. Anybody want any card cut outs postage paid by me?

Do you ship to Canada?  I would put one on my desk for a day.  Would be funny as hell.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,286
    ^ Yeah. I wonder if Trump realizes that no one was kneeling about him until he totally mishandled the situation. I'm afraid this country is too stupid to understand what a protest is. It's supposed to be shocking and out of the ordinary. That way, people will ask "why he's doing that?" and he can then state why. People don't eat for days. It's not because they don't get hungry, it's because no one has ever changed the world by doing routine shit. "Hey. Why are you eating Skittles?" "Because I think women should be paid equally as men for equal work." Yeah. Good luck with that. 
    Yeah no doubt , nailed it ! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Bob Corker is saying publicly, what most republicans are saying privately: the president is fucking crazy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/us/politics/trump-corker.html

Bob Corker Says Trump’s Recklessness Threatens ‘World War III’

“He concerns me,” Mr. Corker added. “He would have to concern anyone who cares about our nation.”

“I know for a fact that every single day at the White House, it’s a situation of trying to contain him,” Mr. Corker said in a telephone interview.

“A lot of people think that there is some kind of ‘good cop, bad cop’ act underway, but that’s just not true,” Mr. Corker said.

Without offering specifics, he said Mr. Trump had repeatedly undermined diplomacy with his Twitter fingers. “I know he has hurt, in several instances, he’s hurt us as it relates to negotiations that were underway by tweeting things out,” Mr. Corker said.

“Look, except for a few people, the vast majority of our caucus understands what we’re dealing with here,” he said, adding that “of course they understand the volatility that we’re dealing with and the tremendous amount of work that it takes by people around him to keep him in the middle of the road.”

“I don’t know why the president tweets out things that are not true,” he said. “You know he does it, everyone knows he does it, but he does.”

“When I told him that that just wasn’t in the cards, he said, ‘You know, if you run, I’ll endorse you.’ I said, ‘Mr. President, it’s just not in the cards; I’ve already made a decision.’ So then we began talking about other candidates that were running.”

“I would compliment him on things that he did well, and I’d criticize things that were inappropriate,” he said. “So it’s been really the same all the way through.”

After a report last week that Mr. Tillerson had once referred to Mr. Trump as a “moron,” Mr. Corker told reporters that Mr. Tillerson was one of three officials helping to “separate our country from chaos.” Those remarks were repeated on “Fox News Sunday,” which may have prompted Mr. Trump’s outburst.

In August, after Mr. Trump’s equivocal response to the deadly clashes in Charlottesville, Va., Mr. Corker told reporters that the president “has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability nor some of the competence that he needs to demonstrate in order to be successful.”

He said on Sunday that he had made all those comments deliberately, aiming them at “an audience of one, plus those people who are closely working around with him, what I would call the good guys.” He was referring to Mr. Tillerson, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and the White House chief of staff, John F. Kelly.

“As long as there are people like that around him who are able to talk him down when he gets spun up, you know, calm him down and continue to work with him before a decision gets made, I think we’ll be fine,” he said.

“I don’t think he appreciates that when the president of the United States speaks and says the things that he does, the impact that it has around the world, especially in the region that he’s addressing,” he said. “And so, yeah, it’s concerning to me."

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    MayDay10 said:
    Yeah, that wasnt obvious purposeful grandstanding or anything 
    I'm not sure it was grandstanding he did offer a normal reason for his actions.  

Rally round the flag?  There you go.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

Do you ship to Canada?  I would put one on my desk for a day.  Would be funny as hell.

I bet that's not all you'd do with it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    edited October 2017

The Trump administration is poised to scrap a policy limiting greenhouse gas emissions from power plants, furthering its attack on the United States’ efforts to combat climate change

The Environmental Protection Agency is prepared to issue a proposal to “repeal” the Clean Power Plan, according to a 43-page draft document obtained by HuffPost. The agency argues that the Obama-era policy “exceeds the EPA’s statutory authority.”

The EPA has not determined if it will introduce a replacement rule to regulate greenhouse gases from power plants, or what such a rule would look like, according to the document. 

“The EPA is considering whether it is appropriate to propose such a rule,” and it plans to solicit information on emission reduction systems, the draft states. 

EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt said Monday that he would sign the proposal the next day. 

President Donald Trump has repeatedly condemned the Clean Power Plan, calling it “stupid” and a “crushing attack on American industry.” In March, he signed an executive order demanding that the EPA review the policy. Repealing it would fulfill a major campaign promise. 

However, Vox notes that the EPA would have to go through a lengthy ― possibly years-long ― rule-making process to fully repeal the Clean Power Plan. That timeline contradicts Trump’s declaration last month that the policy was already as good as dead. “Did you see what I did to that? Boom, gone,” he told a cheering crowd in Alabama at the time.

Former EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy said the looming proposal was “a wholesale retreat from EPA’s legal, scientific and moral obligation to address the threats of climate change.”

“This administration is using contrived problems with our energy system to take money out of consumers’ pockets and giving it to fossil fuel companies, so they can force a shift away from clean energy and back to dirty fossil fuel. That’s not ‘back to basics,’ that’s just plain backwards,” she said Friday, referring to Pruitt’s so-called “Back-To-Basics” agenda.      

When the Clean Power Plan was unveiled in 2015, it was hailed as the strongest action ever taken by a U.S. president to combat climate change. 

Many scientists and environmentalists saw the policy, which aims to cut greenhouse gas emissions from power plants by 32 percent by 2030, as the most important tool in the federal government’s arsenal to help the U.S. meet its Paris Climate Agreement goals.

Subscribe to the Politics email
    How will Trump’s administration impact you?

Trump announced in May that the U.S. would withdraw from the global climate deal, making it one of three countries not in the accord. 

However, the Clean Power Plan has had its fair share of opponents.

More than two dozen states challenged the Clean Power Plan in court, prompting the Supreme Court to temporarily block it. The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals had set a deadline for Friday to hear from the EPA on how it plans to move forward with the policy. 

Myron Ebell, director of the Center for Energy and Environment at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, who previously served as Trump’s EPA adviser, said Friday that he hopes the Clean Power Plan will be rescinded “in its entirety.” 

“Scrapping the ‘Clean Power’ Plan is a key part of President Trump’s de-regulatory agenda, which is designed to get the economy moving again,” he said in a statement. “This rule and other greenhouse gas emissions rules are depressing investment and job growth in resource and manufacturing industries.”

Ebell is a longtime climate change denier and has called the environmental movement the “greatest threat to freedom and prosperity in the modern world.”

This article has been updated with additional details from the EPA document, as well as comments from McCarthy and Ebell.

Post edited by stuckinline on
  • Options

I bet that's not all you'd do with it.

Are they waterproof?!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Can we all imagine if a retiring Dem Senator had said that Obama wasn't fit for office and that "most other Dem Senators agree with me" ....what would the reaction from the right be?

Why do Democrats not light themselves on fire over this?  Why doesn't the public?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954

The Trump administration is poised to scrap a policy limiting greenhouse gas emissions from power plants, furthering its attack on the United States’ efforts to combat climate change

The Environmental Protection Agency is prepared to issue a proposal to “repeal” the Clean Power Plan, according to a 43-page draft document obtained by HuffPost. The agency argues that the Obama-era policy “exceeds the EPA’s statutory authority.”

The EPA has not determined if it will introduce a replacement rule to regulate greenhouse gases from power plants, or what such a rule would look like, according to the document. 

“The EPA is considering whether it is appropriate to propose such a rule,” and it plans to solicit information on emission reduction systems, the draft states. 

EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt said Monday that he would sign the proposal the next day. 

President Donald Trump has repeatedly condemned the Clean Power Plan, calling it “stupid” and a “crushing attack on American industry.” In March, he signed an executive order demanding that the EPA review the policy. Repealing it would fulfill a major campaign promise. 

However, Vox notes that the EPA would have to go through a lengthy ― possibly years-long ― rule-making process to fully repeal the Clean Power Plan. That timeline contradicts Trump’s declaration last month that the policy was already as good as dead. “Did you see what I did to that? Boom, gone,” he told a cheering crowd in Alabama at the time.

Former EPA Administrator Gina McCarthy said the looming proposal was “a wholesale retreat from EPA’s legal, scientific and moral obligation to address the threats of climate change.”

“This administration is using contrived problems with our energy system to take money out of consumers’ pockets and giving it to fossil fuel companies, so they can force a shift away from clean energy and back to dirty fossil fuel. That’s not ‘back to basics,’ that’s just plain backwards,” she said Friday, referring to Pruitt’s so-called “Back-To-Basics” agenda.      

When the Clean Power Plan was unveiled in 2015, it was hailed as the strongest action ever taken by a U.S. president to combat climate change. 

Many scientists and environmentalists saw the policy, which aims to cut greenhouse gas emissions from power plants by 32 percent by 2030, as the most important tool in the federal government’s arsenal to help the U.S. meet its Paris Climate Agreement goals.

Subscribe to the Politics email
    How will Trump’s administration impact you?

Trump announced in May that the U.S. would withdraw from the global climate deal, making it one of three countries not in the accord. 

However, the Clean Power Plan has had its fair share of opponents.

More than two dozen states challenged the Clean Power Plan in court, prompting the Supreme Court to temporarily block it. The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals had set a deadline for Friday to hear from the EPA on how it plans to move forward with the policy. 

Myron Ebell, director of the Center for Energy and Environment at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, who previously served as Trump’s EPA adviser, said Friday that he hopes the Clean Power Plan will be rescinded “in its entirety.” 

“Scrapping the ‘Clean Power’ Plan is a key part of President Trump’s de-regulatory agenda, which is designed to get the economy moving again,” he said in a statement. “This rule and other greenhouse gas emissions rules are depressing investment and job growth in resource and manufacturing industries.”

Ebell is a longtime climate change denier and has called the environmental movement the “greatest threat to freedom and prosperity in the modern world.”

This article has been updated with additional details from the EPA document, as well as comments from McCarthy and Ebell.

I haven't verified it but I saw a journalist tweet the irony of the green party receiving twice the number of votes that tRump won by in the swing states.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Another excellent example offered by James Howard Kunstler as to how stupidly middle America screwed themselves by electing Trump:

Revisiting his home town, Manhattan, Kunstler writes:

"As I watched the endless stream of tourists and hipsters stride by in their selfie raptures, I pictured the various downtowns of the Midwest I’ve visited over the years — St Louis, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Detroit, Akron, Dayton, Cleveland, Louisville, Tulsa, and many more — and remembered the incredible desolation of their centers. There was no one there, certainly no tourists or hipsters, really no activity to speak of. They were ghost cities. The net effect of financialization has been the asset-stripping of every other place in America for the benefit of a very few cities on the coasts, and especially the financial engineers within them.

Thus, the ironic rise of New Yorker Trump as the avatar and supposed savior of all those people “out there” in their dying hometowns and beyond. And their tremendously bitter enmity against the “blue” coastal elites, of which Trump is a nonpareil exemplar. History is a trickster."

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    More cruel and heartless from trump.

White House lets Jones Act waiver expire for Puerto Rico
    BY MELANIE ZANONA - 10/09/17 01:34 PM EDT  0

The White House has let a 10-day shipping waiver expire for Puerto Rico, meaning foreign ships can no longer bring aid to the hurricane-ravaged island from U.S. ports.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:

The White House has let a 10-day shipping waiver expire for Puerto Rico, meaning foreign ships can no longer bring aid to the hurricane-ravaged island from U.S. ports.
    Takes me back to this tweet from President Trump.

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    Nobody could have done what I’ve done for #PuertoRico with so little appreciation. So much work!

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Kat said:

Trump told the president of Puerto Rico "You should be glad you didn't have to deal with a real catastrophe like Katrina."  The Orange President is heartless and clueless.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Trump told the president of Puerto Rico "You should be glad you didn't have to deal with a real catastrophe like Katrina."  The Orange President is heartless and clueless.
    He’s a worthless excuse for a human being.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

Lol

Always a 'one upper'.

"Hey. Have the meatloaf. No... seriously. You're having the meatloaf."

Somebody please tell me that even the simplest of bastards now understands what a twit this moron is. Does half the US believe what the president says because the president said it so it must be true?

If that is the case... holy shit. That... is a problem.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Kat said:

You boy is a giant asshole same goes to all his supporters !!!
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Why would he proclaim it? It's already a national holiday. Oh, that's right. He's an egotistical maniac. 

I cant wait for tomorrow's release about him proclaiming it Tuesday. 
  • Options
    it's not surprising he aligns himself with a pilager & rapist of unsuspecting vulnarable people ...Yay happy Columbus day alright 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    Why would he proclaim it? It's already a national holiday. Oh, that's right. He's an egotistical maniac. 

I cant wait for tomorrow's release about him proclaiming it Tuesday. 
    Because he’s fucking dumber than a doorknob.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261

The president is still upset that his secretary of state called him a "fucking moron."

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/stung-over-being-called-a-moron-donald-trump-now-insists-nbc-is-run-by-morons

Trump Complains to Aides That NBC is ‘Run by Morons’

Lachlan Markay, Asawin Suebsaeng
    10.09.17 2:21 PM ET

The president of the United States is still furious at his Secretary of State Rex Tillerson for reportedly calling him a “moron” or, upon further reporting, a “fucking moron.” And he won’t stop venting to friends and senior aides about the news outlet that broke the story.

In yet another sign of how deeply NBC News has managed to get under his skin, Donald Trump has, in recent days, taken to saying that the network is “run by morons,” two sources who have spoken to the president told The Daily Beast.

Trump regularly complains during the day and evenings about NBC as “fake” and out to “get” him in the “same way he [recently] did with CNN,” according to one White House official.

The president has a long-running feud with NBC, in general. But his eagerness to reappropriate Tillerson’s reported epithet against the Peacock Network is not just driven by disgust with their reporting. Trump also has a habit of hurling the same insults leveled at him back at those he considers enemies. This has been the case with his use of “fake news” to attack the press, the insistence that Hillary Clinton, not he, is Vladimir Putin’s “puppet,” and his and his team’s arguments that the DNC, not his campaign, engaged in “collusion” with a foreign power.

Publicly, President Trump has rage-tweeted at NBC News over the course of several days over the Tillerson story. He also posted over the weekend that the network division “is so knowingly inaccurate with their reporting. The good news is that the PEOPLE get it, which is really all that matters! Not #1.” Last week, the president told reporters during his Las Vegas visit that “it was a totally phony story” that “was made up by NBC, they just made it up.”

The story, which has been confirmed by other news outlets, documented how an angry and frustrated Tillerson had strongly considered resigning over Trump’s speech in July to the annual jamboree of the Boy Scouts of America, where Tillerson used to serve as president. At the event, Trump went full-on campaign-style politics, lashing out at President Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, all while eliciting 2016-era chants of “lock her up” and “build the wall.”

The NBC report also detailed that Tillerson had called Trump a “moron,” that Vice President Mike Pence had to step in to keep Tillerson on the job, and that the Secretary of State had questioned U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley’s utility in the Trump administration.

Tillerson quickly held a press conference shortly after the story published to deny certain aspects of the story. But he conspicuously did not deny the “moron” section. His decision at the presser not to aggressively deny that he had called Trump a “moron” for having little-to-no grasp on policy, diplomacy, and international affairs further enraged the president, who steamed and grumbled for hours straight.

“People in [the White House] who are loyal to the president think Rex Tillerson hates [Trump],” a White House official told The Daily Beast last week.

Sources spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to discuss private conversations about alleged morons. Reached for comment, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders, didn't explicitly deny the story, so much as use it as an opportunity to take another whack at the network.

"I haven't heard him say that," she said in an email. "But there has definitely been frustration voiced by many about NBC's fake news reporting on this issue."

chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.