Options

Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• Options
    bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Had a great time at the game yesterday. Boy was it chilly in the shade though.
  • Options
    lolobugg said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    bflynn1 said:
    Yeah I shiver a bit thinking about how Daniel Murphy knocked us around with the Mets
    I'll agree with that.  Murphy has had our number.  Don't underestimate the Dusty Baker factor here, though.  He's bound to blow at least one game due to just being stubborn.  The Nats don't exactly have a real scary bullpen, and the prospects of playing against a less than 100% Bryce Harper shift the series in our favor, I believe.  Whatever happens, its been a pretty fun year of baseball on the north side.  I could really get used to making the playoffs every year.  

Agree with the Dusty Baker factor.

one of the most overrated managers ever. right there with Bobby Cox

The nats have a very scary pen. It's not Andrew Miller, but they have 3 closers for the 7th, 8th, and 9th.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    lolobugg said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    bflynn1 said:
    Yeah I shiver a bit thinking about how Daniel Murphy knocked us around with the Mets
    I'll agree with that.  Murphy has had our number.  Don't underestimate the Dusty Baker factor here, though.  He's bound to blow at least one game due to just being stubborn.  The Nats don't exactly have a real scary bullpen, and the prospects of playing against a less than 100% Bryce Harper shift the series in our favor, I believe.  Whatever happens, its been a pretty fun year of baseball on the north side.  I could really get used to making the playoffs every year.  

The nats have a very scary pen. It's not Andrew Miller, but they have 3 closers for the 7th, 8th, and 9th.
    Not sure who's pen is scarier...ours or theirs ;)
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    bflynn1 said:

Kintzler and Doolittle can pitch. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    bflynn1 said:

Kintzler and Doolittle can pitch. 
    I know. I was being sarcastic because our bullpen blows. Hope they show up this postseason. 
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    bflynn1 said:
    Had a great time at the game yesterday. Boy was it chilly in the shade though.
    Looks like you had great seats.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    lolobugg said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    bflynn1 said:

uh.....logan? dusty has never been overrated. in fact, he's been BLAMED for playoff failures in SF, chicago, cinci and washington.

he's a way cool dude, tho.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Tonight is the night. Playoffs are here. Go Cubs Go!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Rondon not on the NLDS roster.  I think I'd rather him be there than Justin Wilson...

So happy to see Hendricks get the Game 1 start!  Go Cubs go!!
  • Options
    ^ I'd have to agree with the way Wilson has pitched. 

In any event, it's game time! Let the show begin...go Cubs! 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    Rondon not on the NLDS roster.  I think I'd rather him be there than Justin Wilson...

So happy to see Hendricks get the Game 1 start!  Go Cubs go!!
    Yeah, I agree.  While Rondon has been, well...awful of late, I think I'd rather have him than Wilson.  
  • Options
    I'm assuming Wilson got the nod over Rondon because he's a lefty, and the Nats have a few LH bats in their lineup.
  • Options
    Absolutely love this lineup! 

• Options
    I hope we build a lead and then bring in Almora or Jay for Schwarber to play some defense.  That would be ideal. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I hope we build a lead and then bring in Almora or Jay for Schwarber to play some defense.  That would be ideal. 
    And most likely some offense as well.
  • Options
    ^ Good point. Outside of the power, I'll take either of their bats over Schwarbers for the defense that comes with it. Jay is a clutch hitter and Almora can swing it too. I'm a big fan of both. 
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    I'm assuming Wilson got the nod over Rondon because he's a lefty, and the Nats have a few LH bats in their lineup.
    That would be my guess.
  • Options
    Boy you'd think we just limped into the playoffs...
  • Options
    bflynn1 said:
    Boy you'd think we just limped into the playoffs...
    Well maybe we did judging by our swings
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,750
    They aren't even making Stras pitch the damn ball. He's just got to throw it and they are going to swing and miss.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Strasburg is on point tonight. Gonna need to play small ball.
  • Options
    Things are looking better in the world now. Let's hope they remain the same.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Pitching has been fantastic tonight. And great timely hitting. 
  • Options
    Getting a W tonight with the way Strasburg pitched is huge.  That's why every pitch counts in the postseason. Big time win! 
  • Options
    Muddah frickah!
  • Options
    Muddah frickah!
    Yep. That's a momentum changer to say the least. Hope we can rebound. 
  • Options
    That game had reached a point where it really felt like it was kind of over.

The worst part is that was from the best (excluding our closer) our bullpen has to offer. 
  • Options
    Zobrist at 2nd. Baez out of the lineup. Joe maddon is an idiot.
  • Options
    Baez is 0 for 5 with 3 Ks vs Scherzer. Zobrist is 5 for 25 but 3 of those hits are HRs so I get it to an extent. You can always bring Baez in to pinch hit later.
  • Options
    Zo is in lineup.

The full lineup for Chicago: Jay CF, Kris Bryant 3B, Anthony Rizzo 1B, Willson Contreras C, Ben Zobrist 2B, Schwarber LF, Heyward RF, Addison Russell SS, Jose Quintana SP.