*** Eddie Vedder Pilgrimage Festival Fanviews Here 9/24/17 ***

13»

Comments

• I hear you on some of it. I don't agree with a lot of stuff that he says, especially killing babies, but he's entitled to his opinion. My guess is he took a knee because it's the current fad even though a small minority even knows what it stands for. As for the football players, they are at their place of employment and should act professional. If I pulled that shit at my office I would be reprimanded. They can protest all they want, but keep it outside of the workplace. 

Disagree with me, that's what this country is about. I'm just sick of all this crap all week long everywhere I look. Peace to all. :)
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    SJPJ said:
    I have always loved their music and always will. Just can't take the political stuff anymore at a show no matter what side it is. When I was younger I just dealt with it. And the fact that ticket sales go to certain things I'm not fond of, that's an issue also. Plus the whole Dave A, thing at HOF, guy was an integral part of their success at a pivotal time in their career. It's just been a whole bunch of things brewing like a volcano for me. I'll continue to listen to their music, but never pay again to see a show.

you had a little cred until you mentioned Dave A.   LOL!!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Killing babies? Wtf are you talking about? Chill out
  • I'm chill, dude! No worries here.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    :lol:
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • I'm chill, dude! No worries here.
    Doesn’t sound like it. Really, help me understand the killing babies thing and why you don’t like .50 cents from your concert ticket going towards a charity?    I’m baffled.
  • You're the one getting all worked up over what two of us wrote!

I'll play along and answer your questions though. Abortion = killing babies. As for a portion of my ticket money going to charity, that was the other dude. Ask him.
  • You're the one getting all worked up over what two of us wrote!

I'll play along and answer your questions though. Abortion = killing babies. As for a portion of my ticket money going to charity, that was the other dude. Ask him.
    I got ya. Relax. I don’t think Eddie is killing babies though. I’m not worked up, just wanted to understand your point of view. 
  • It's all good. Early Friday, I'm out! 
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I heard he was killing teenagers!
    Fetus, baby, toddler, adolescent, adult, what's the difference, right?

How about getting back to the fanviews.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    I think this all started from someone getting pissed that Ed didn't mention the shooting in TN that day. My guess is he didn't know it happened or he probably would have mentioned it. 

Back to the fan views...
  • Do people on here just look for things to be mad about? He’s a rock star, not Anderson Cooper 
  • disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    Yes, let's keep it to fan views. But, the fans viewed him taking a knee. ;)

All I was asking was if he said why he did it, since most Americans don't seem to know why they do anything these days. It was mentioned that he took a knee so I questioned it. I don't see the big deal in asking since it's in the OP, and my question was answered. I'm not mad or anything, just following up on the fan view!
  • gwallgwall Charlotte, NC Posts: 14
    edited October 2017
    Re-posted and edited my fanview on pg1.  All and all intense, passionate, thrashing, great commentary in between several songs, great evening and always amazing to see EV solo or w/ PJ.  Looking forward to seeing what future shows bring.
    Post edited by gwall on
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    gwall said:
    Re-posted and edited my fanview on pg1.  All and all intense, passionate, thrashing, great commentary in between several songs, great evening and always amazing to see EV solo or w/ PJ.  Looking forward to seeing what future shows bring.
    I'll echo that. I thought it was an utmost personable and definitely passionate performance. It was my first EV solo. I've seen PJ 10 times and if I rank pilgrimage in there, it's in the top half easily. To hear Eds voice so clearly and rich, it was powerful. Trouble, Good Woman, Hide Your Love Away, and I Am Mine were highlights for me. He seemed grateful for the crowd, saying something to the nature of so many being there just to see a guy with a uke and how cool Nashville people are. Good times! 
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • dlymnflddlymnfld CT Posts: 917
    gwall said:
    I'll echo that. I thought it was an utmost personable and definitely passionate performance. It was my first EV solo. I've seen PJ 10 times and if I rank pilgrimage in there, it's in the top half easily. To hear Eds voice so clearly and rich, it was powerful. Trouble, Good Woman, Hide Your Love Away, and I Am Mine were highlights for me. He seemed grateful for the crowd, saying something to the nature of so many being there just to see a guy with a uke and how cool Nashville people are. Good times! 
    My biggest complaint about Eddie is that he seemed "old" compared to David Shaw (The Revivalists) Bed Bridwell (BOH) and Amos Lee in regards to their energy.  Then I watched old video of Eddie when he was young and stage diving and I realized I am old too so I decided to give him a pass.  He's great (for an old man).
    Springfield 4/6/94, Boston 4/6/94, Hartford 10/2/96, New York 9/11/98, Hartford 9/13/98, Mansfield 8/30/00, Boston 9/28/04, Reading 10/1/04, Quebec City 9/20/05, Boston 5/24/06, Hartford 5/13/06, New York 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08 Philadelphia 10/31/09, Hartford 10/15/10,
    Boston 10/17/10, East Troy 9/3/11, East Troy 9/4/11, Missoula 9/30/12, Worcester 10/15/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13,
    St. Paul 10/19/14, New York 9/26/15, Quebec City 5/5/16, Boston 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18, Boston 9/4/18, Quebec City 9/1/22, Camden 9/14/22, Oklahoma City 9/20/22 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    SJPJ said:
    I have always loved their music and always will. Just can't take the political stuff anymore at a show no matter what side it is. When I was younger I just dealt with it. And the fact that ticket sales go to certain things I'm not fond of, that's an issue also. Plus the whole Dave A, thing at HOF, guy was an integral part of their success at a pivotal time in their career. It's just been a whole bunch of things brewing like a volcano for me. I'll continue to listen to their music, but never pay again to see a show.
    the band was allowed zero input into the hall of fame induction. ed mentioned during his speech what an amazing drummer dave is. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

SJPJ said:
    You're Surprise that Eddie didn't mention anything about a church shooting? The guy hates religion, and he's most likely not fond of religious people. I'm sure according to him they brought it on themselves some way. He'd rather go on about Trump and take a knee. He should've taken both knees and prayed for the people killed and injured of this senseless shooting. I'm sorry he doesn't pray, 'well wishes' maybe? So done with him and this band. After 37 shows I'm calling it quits, cancelling my membership. All the money I gave to these guys and they support planned parent that tears babies limbs apart? He should show those videos to his family to show what they support. Or that when his wife or girlfriend at the time had an abortion because it would've screwed up his touring schedule. Hopefully you guys open your eyes like I have and take a stance. Doesn't Eddie always say to take a stance? 
    likely not fond of religious people? LOL. gold, Jerry, GOLD!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Bill Maher refuses to acknowledge mass shootings on his show, because that's what the shooter would want. Not sure if Eddie is the same way, but it would make sense to me.
    I'm not entirely sure that the shooter's MO is always to be famous. I think talking about the shooter is essential to learning why this happens. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

You may be correct, but that is Bill Maher's reasoning though. I should have put "that's what the shooter would want" in quotes maybe. I know he's said that on his show before about why they won't talk about shootings. 
    You may be correct, but that is Bill Maher's reasoning though. I should have put "that's what the shooter would want" in quotes maybe. I know he's said that on his show before about why they won't talk about shootings. 
    he could easily talk about the shooting and not mention the shooter by name. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

You'd have to talk to him about that! I'm only passing along information here.

Also, now that you mention it, talking about the shooting itself (even without naming the shooter) is still something the gunman probably would have wanted.

It's Bill's show and Bill's rules. And him and Eddie are close friends so that's why I brought it up, that maybe they agree on that stance. Maybe they don't. We'll probably never know.
    You'd have to talk to him about that! I'm only passing along information here.

Also, now that you mention it, talking about the shooting itself (even without naming the shooter) is still something the gunman probably would have wanted.

It's Bill's show and Bill's rules. And him and Eddie are close friends so that's why I brought it up, that maybe they agree on that stance. Maybe they don't. We'll probably never know.
    I'm just responding to you. As I'm not in Maher's inner circle, I don't think my opinion would matter that much to him. 

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• BK5403BK5403 Posts: 50
    dlymnfld said:
    gwall said:
    My biggest complaint about Eddie is that he seemed "old" compared to David Shaw (The Revivalists) Bed Bridwell (BOH) and Amos Lee in regards to their energy.  Then I watched old video of Eddie when he was young and stage diving and I realized I am old too so I decided to give him a pass.  He's great (for an old man).
    Apples and oranges. He was doing a solo set. It's a totally different energy and approach to a Pearl Jam show. You can't run around and hang from shit with a uke in one hand. 
    96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • SJPJSJPJ Posts: 112
    Do people on here just look for things to be mad about? He’s a rock star, not Anderson Cooper 
    That’s just it, he tries to be both. When the Anderson Cooper outweighs the rock star, it’s troubling.