2»

Comments

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    PJPOWER said:

riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

The masked protesters are idiots.

They weren't the only ones though. Why pay attention to such drivel and make people like this any more relevant than they need to be?

But the masked protesters were the bigger variety of idiot.

Agreed, do we know who was backing them yet? I've been crazy busy and haven't had time to do my diligent research. I read (rumors) that many of the arrested rioters are potentially looking at 10 years in prison + $25,000 fines though...which sets a pretty good example of how those jackasses should be dealt with.
    Why assume anyone was backing them?
    I assume because they were organized. It was not a random person or two. It appeared that their mission was rioting and breaking shit...even Larry Kings car (which did make me chuckle a bit). They were obviously tied to some organization or party or???
    Hahaha, Larry Kings car... so random. But it seemed organized. The people dressed like isis members! I about shat myself when I saw several hundred of them marching towards me
    You could have grabbed them by the p in self defense...
    I tried making friendly conversation when I I squished against a few. We connected for a few minutes on how it felt more crowded than trying to reach the rail at a metal concert. Then the bastard pepper sprayed some kids in the face. Friendship over!
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

They weren't the only ones though. Why pay attention to such drivel and make people like this any more relevant than they need to be?

Agreed, do we know who was backing them yet? I've been crazy busy and haven't had time to do my diligent research. I read (rumors) that many of the arrested rioters are potentially looking at 10 years in prison + $25,000 fines though...which sets a pretty good example of how those jackasses should be dealt with.
    I assume because they were organized. It was not a random person or two. It appeared that their mission was rioting and breaking shit...even Larry Kings car (which did make me chuckle a bit). They were obviously tied to some organization or party or???
    Just because they seem organized, doesn't mean they're being backed. Gathering and communicating is essentially free. I think you guys are trying to fit this into something that may not be there.
    I was really just curious. "Who were these people?" is really my question.
    They were chanting "black lives matter" a lot. And had anarchy signs. Dressed in all black with masks and stuff on
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Just because they seem organized, doesn't mean they're being backed. Gathering and communicating is essentially free. I think you guys are trying to fit this into something that may not be there.
    I was really just curious. "Who were these people?" is really my question.
    They were chanting "black lives matter" a lot. And had anarchy signs. Dressed in all black with masks and stuff on
    Same group from 20 years ago with different faces.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

riley540 said:

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

Hahaha, Larry Kings car... so random. But it seemed organized. The people dressed like isis members! I about shat myself when I saw several hundred of them marching towards me
    You could have grabbed them by the p in self defense...
    I tried making friendly conversation when I I squished against a few. We connected for a few minutes on how it felt more crowded than trying to reach the rail at a metal concert. Then the bastard pepper sprayed some kids in the face. Friendship over!
    So...just a bunch of assholes it sounds like!
    dignin said:
    Your link failed to tell me they're funded by Soros. Sad.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

dignin said:
    I'm sure black bloc is an anagram for George Soros, you just need to have and open mind and educate yourself to see it. I've researched it on Google and have connected all the dots.
  • So from what I am reading, the shooter was an event attendee. Milo allows people to carry weapons into his shows?!! :i_dunno: That doesn't sound like a very good choice to me.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes

So from what I am reading, the shooter was an event attendee. Milo allows people to carry weapons into his shows?!! :i_dunno: That doesn't sound like a very good choice to me.

I'm sure they're just another responsible gun owner.

• It just doesn't make any sense to me. As controversial as Milo is, surely he doesn't allow people to carry in his shows, unless he has a death wish. If you are planning on attending a show why bring your weapon? You can't chuck it in the trash can or run it back to your car before you get to security. Unless you went there with the intention of causing trouble.
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes

It just doesn't make any sense to me. As controversial as Milo is, surely he doesn't allow people to carry in his shows, unless he has a death wish. If you are planning on attending a show why bring your weapon? You can't chuck it in the trash can or run it back to your car before you get to security. Unless you went there with the intention of causing trouble.

Maybe some pro-gun people can convince us that the more guns there are, the safer we are?

It just doesn't make any sense to me. As controversial as Milo is, surely he doesn't allow people to carry in his shows, unless he has a death wish. If you are planning on attending a show why bring your weapon? You can't chuck it in the trash can or run it back to your car before you get to security. Unless you went there with the intention of causing trouble.

Maybe some pro-gun people can convince us that the more guns there are, the safer we are?
    Criminal. He would have caused harm reguardless.

So from what I am reading, the shooter was an event attendee. Milo allows people to carry weapons into his shows?!! :i_dunno: That doesn't sound like a very good choice to me.

The shooting took place outside of the venue. No bags or anything allowed inside. Plus it was a gun free campus, so only someone with bad intentions would bring one.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    riley540 said:

The shooting took place outside of the venue. No bags or anything allowed inside. Plus it was a gun free campus, so only someone with bad intentions would bring one.
    Or a person who doesn't believe that they have to follow posted government rules and regulations.
    riley540 said:

Criminal. He would have caused harm reguardless.

Sure. A stick, fists, a gun. All the same harm.
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Milo, a gay guy supporting right wing conservative politics? I am confused.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

I believe that they are referred to as "Log Cabin Republicans"
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425

California is full of them. Genius of Steve Bannon to recognize this group and give them a voice albeit a squeaky mousy one.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    dignin said:

dignin said:
    I'm sure black bloc is an anagram for George Soros, you just need to have and open mind and educate yourself to see it. I've researched it on Google and have connected all the dots.
    Absolutely, just follow the handkercheifs and dominos!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Milo again, struggling to be relevant. The major "free speech" event he claims Berkeley is suppressing? Seems it was never really meant to happen; it was just meant to be a "see? I told you so!" from the alt right, so they could feel all oppressed and everything.

http://www.salon.com/2017/09/20/milo-yiannopoulos-censored-berkeley-event-smells-like-a-massive-troll/

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    And Milo cancelled their "free speech event" at the last minute, leaving Berkeley in the lurch for the security costs. Even the speaker from Gateway Pundit acknowledged that it was a "complete disaster" that made the right look "very unprofessional".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/sep/23/berkeley-free-speech-week-cancelled

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,594
    To me, Milo is an Entertainment Tonight version of commentator.  I can't take anyone like that seriously.  I guess other do. 

"Hi ho"
    -Kurt Vonnegut
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream

A cache of documents obtained by BuzzFeed News reveals the truth about Steve Bannon’s alt-right “killing machine.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.nnlyZk1bk#.di74APvZP
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    dignin said:

Here's How Breitbart And Milo Smuggled Nazi and White Nationalist Ideas Into The Mainstream

A cache of documents obtained by BuzzFeed News reveals the truth about Steve Bannon’s alt-right “killing machine.”

https://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/heres-how-breitbart-and-milo-smuggled-white-nationalism?utm_term=.nnlyZk1bk#.di74APvZP
    Wow, that was an interesting read. I really hate those guys, especially Milo and Bannon. They have definitely left a big shit stain on the Republican party, and on Trump's administration.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    edited October 2017
    jeffbr said:
    dignin said:

Wow, that was an interesting read. I really hate those guys, especially Milo and Bannon. They have definitely left a big shit stain on the Republican party, and on Trump's administration.
    To be honest Orange bafoon was never clean to start with !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    I still say he isn't gay.  Like when Bryan Cranston converted to Judaism on Seinfeld so he could crack Jewish jokes. 
    jeffbr said:
    dignin said:

It really gives you a look at their under belly...and I was surprised that it came from buzzfeed of all places.

Fucking Nazis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLNLPIRS62g