chad's opinion thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    chad:
    bourbon, whiskey or scotch?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    speed cup stacking wears me out
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Unchopping wood is the second best activity ever.
    Well, third.
    Fucking
    Drinking vodka
    Unchopping wood

Suck Blue. Anyone who says different....Suck Blue!

;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved

"suck blue " cracks me up

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    chadwick said:

"suck blue " cracks me up

Me as well....needed a way to express how I felt without truly giving offense.  Suck Blue?
    What?  Did he just say Suck Blue to me?
    Yep.
    Fuck You!
    Damn.  The needle just slid across the record.
    Suck Blue will do fine, thank you.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    It;s 6 in the morning here mister and thats the second time i wake up..any GOOD advice for non stop sleep?????
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..

talked with my brother the other night. told him i had not been sleeping well. he told me to go outside & chop some firewood. not bad advice

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

can't sleep

suck blue

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    :lol:

Was talking with a guy I am part of an advisory group with through work, yesterday.  He was saying he and his wife have three blankets on the bed and telling me how much he prefers being warm to cold.  I laughed & told him that I sleep with a sheet only this time of year -- and that darn thing gets thrown off sometime during the night. 
    He chalked it up to my pale white skin, his dark skin, and the climates from which our ancestors came.  ;)

What is the ideal temperature for sleeping?

Copulating?

Walking in the woods?

Sitting on a log, watching the sun come up?

edited October 2017

interesting topic, sir. i myself can not sleep well with just a sheet. i like the bedroom cold, which it is not. i can't sleep in the heat. my better half likes it warmer, it's a struggle finding the right temp. give me three blankets & a 50, 55, or 60 degree room & im set, she's frozen solid. crank up the heat to 75 or 80 & im useless @ sleeping. for whatever reason i can't sleep with just a sheet over me. & i certainly can not sleep well with no blanket or sheet. weird. for decades now i been sleeping with a fan on. it is very nearly impossible for me to sleep well without a fan. a ceiling fan going with a box fan in the window... heavenly this time of year. recently the switch to the ceiling fan went out, bastard ass fan. copulating could be nicely done around 70ish. it's not cold, not hot. walking in the woods & sitting on a log watching the sunrise is very attractive. it is something to love when drizzling or even a full on rain when walking the woods. fog & a nice rain is quite perfect to me. loved my time spent in wa. so very fresh & crisp. but ya do grow a bit of moss behind the ears. i think your advisory group guy is right about climates from which our ancestors came

Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I never used a fan for sleeping until my husband moved out here.  Now I can't do without - we have two going pretty much 24/7.  I like the background noise and air movement.  On the sheet/blanket/temp fronts, I am a proponent of one sheet and thick comforter, 70 - 72 degrees tops.  Best is when it's cold out (by LA standards) and we can sleep with the window open some for that chilly clean air.
    Great stuff -- one of my roommates in college always had a box fan going next to his bed.  It drove me nuts.  (The noise)
    When he recently married I included a reference to the fan in my speech and his bride actually interrupted me to say that one of the things she put her foot down about was the box fan when they moved in together.  (And this was 20+ years after we lived together....he was still running that ol' box fan.)

I like the imagine of walking through the woods with a drizzle.  Full on rain?  Likely to fall on my ass - where I grew up it was all hills throughout the woods and could be quite slippery. 
    I do not think I ever just sat in the middle of the woods in a good downpour.  That would be interesting.
    edited October 2017

gotta love air circulation. i am not sure about trusting someone who doesn't open curtains/blinds & doesn't open windows & doesn't use fans. this type of person enjoys stale bullshit air which is uncomfortable & spreads disease like wildfire. back in the middle ages people refused to open windows, refused ceiling fans, central air conditioning & they rejected propane to heat their cottages & castles. the next thing ya know, disease became common place & people died in great numbers

open the damn windows, turn on your fans & quit being dicks     

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    :rofl:
    I would keep my ceiling fan on every night but Mrs F Me doesn't dig it. 

The things we do for love.
    edited October 2017

from my experiences the canopy catches a good 87% of the rain. let me check the data i gathered & i'll get back to ya

i was wrong

it's 86% or 3      

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

why don't more people paint "suck blue" on the side of their homes or cars?

answer -

because f me brains would want royalties for inventing the phrase

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    I never used a fan for sleeping until my husband moved out here.  Now I can't do without - we have two going pretty much 24/7.  I like the background noise and air movement.  On the sheet/blanket/temp fronts, I am a proponent of one sheet and thick comforter, 70 - 72 degrees tops.  Best is when it's cold out (by LA standards) and we can sleep with the window open some for that chilly clean air.
    :pensive:

https://youtu.be/VRUSXRNLae8

I SAW PEARL JAM
    chadwick said:

answer -

I would take 86%, or 3....or just a smile.
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    :pensive:

https://youtu.be/VRUSXRNLae8

Farina!
    Chad, what do you think about parking. 
    (How well people do it, cities where they double park, parking in the rear :lol:, cars that park themselves, high school kids going parking)
    I know you are a very experienced driver.  Do tell re: parking.
  • chadwick said:

answer -

I would take 86%, or 3....or just a smile.
    As the motivating factor for 'suck blue'... I think I'm entitled to something.
    "My brain's a good brain!"

parking... many suck blue when doing this procedure. many are quite good at parking. take mickrat for example, dude's been a truck driver now for quite some time. truck driving is a different universe; backing a 53 ft trailer that's 13 foot 6 inches high takes time to learn. imagine the stroker-ace having a hell of a time parallel parking w/ a day long space everywhere. im pretty critical about driving so i'd imagine i can be a bit rough around the edges with this topic. it took me personally around 2 years to wrap my head around backing a lengthy, bulky ass piece of equipment. it is actually easier to drive a combination vehicle than it is a car; generally it is smoother, you've vision up the nose whereas in a car you're lower & not seeing up ahead like you do in a tall-boy.

cars that park themselves & the ppl that purchase them are bullshit.

high school kids going parking is some of the best times their lives may ever know.

cities where drivers double park... let me see, gimmie a moment. (pause)

yeah i couldn't give two shit about them as long as others may park. fact of the matter is over half of the population can not park so why the heck are they manhandling a vehicle all around the lands? another example of bullshit are folks who go into debt over a large ass camper & truck yet can not back the bastard. next time go buy a boat you dorks.

you see one must bump into shit, scrape up the place, you know damage things like all good truck drivers do when learning how to jackknife a trailer around a crowded ass warehouse's shipping dock, in the dark, in a blizzard or rain & you been up all dang day/night tryin get there so this outfit can sell more elvis presley signature series stroke rags

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    good morning there, thirty bills undone

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick said:
    good morning there, thirty bills undone
    Top 'o the morning to you, Chad!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    Thirty -- I don't think royalties work that way but you will find I can be a generous guy....2%!

Chad -- awesome answer, you never let up dude.  Almost peed my pants at this part:
    you see one must bump into shit, scrape up the place, you know damage things like all good truck drivers do when learning how to jackknife a trailer around a crowded ass warehouse's shipping dock, in the dark, in a blizzard or rain & you been up all dang day/night tryin get there so this outfit can sell more elvis presley signature series stroke rags

This driving talk made me think of these fellas.

Road trippin' would be a blast with some of you, for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11GYvfYjyV0
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    chadwick said:

parking... many suck blue when doing this procedure. many are quite good at parking. take mickrat for example, dude's been a truck driver now for quite some time. truck driving is a different universe; backing a 53 ft trailer that's 13 foot 6 inches high takes time to learn. imagine the stroker-ace having a hell of a time parallel parking w/ a day long space everywhere. im pretty critical about driving so i'd imagine i can be a bit rough around the edges with this topic. it took me personally around 2 years to wrap my head around backing a lengthy, bulky ass piece of equipment. it is actually easier to drive a combination vehicle than it is a car; generally it is smoother, you've vision up the nose whereas in a car you're lower & not seeing up ahead like you do in a tall-boy.

cars that park themselves & the ppl that purchase them are bullshit.

high school kids going parking is some of the best times their lives may ever know.

cities where drivers double park... let me see, gimmie a moment. (pause)

yeah i couldn't give two shit about them as long as others may park. fact of the matter is over half of the population can not park so why the heck are they manhandling a vehicle all around the lands? another example of bullshit are folks who go into debt over a large ass camper & truck yet can not back the bastard. next time go buy a boat you dorks.

and blindsiding to boot......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited October 2017
    thoughts? hebron, ky

Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    chicago, near ohare...