Australia and NZ tour rumours going around Part 3 (No Bullshit)

Comments

• E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    Those pics showing photos of the 95 tour were strange. I wonder what that was all about.

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    doompony said:

See that tweet though? Swear to god if they go to Japan and leave off NZ again...I will...be...sad.

I've always wanted to go to Japan, anyhow! :hang_loose:
    bazzer said:

doompony said:

See that tweet though? Swear to god if they go to Japan and leave off NZ again...I will...be...sad.

They only come down here when there is a new album out..
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    E.K said:

bazzer said:

doompony said:

They only come down here when there is a new album out..
    Lets hope that New Album gets released this year ;)
    Still waiting for an Australian tour announcement for later this year :)
    i_lov_it said:

Still waiting for an Australian tour announcement for later this year :)

Sadly I don't think it will be this year
  • mj351mj351 Posts: 218
    November 2018 ??

Melbourne - 16/3/95, 5/3/98, 18/2/03, 20/2/03, 13/11/06, 16/11/06, 20/11/09, EV 24/3/11 EV 25/3/11, 24/1/14, ....
    mj351 said:

November 2018 ??

I hope we don't have to wait that long. :(
    So Pearl Jam posted pics of two Pearl Jam Australian posters and Eddie Vedder's 2011 solo show tour on their Instagram page this morning.

I wonder what it means?

:open_mouth::dizzy:
    Just watched PJ get inducted into RRHOF. Was so proud of our boys. I hope they enjoy their year off and we get a tour in 2018.
  • PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    Everyone catch Let's Play Two?

Turned up at Albany to an empty theatre, maybe about 24 people by the time it started. Heard there was more at Embassy in Wellington. 

Great movie, very loud.

Tour in 2018? plz plz plz.
    edited October 2017
    I couldn't go because I live in the country and the closest cinema was a 2 hour drive away.  I heard it was great though.  Will buy the DVD from JBHifi when it becomes available.   I saw that PJ are playing at Lollapalooza festivals early next year, followed by a European tour mid-year so I predict Australia/NZ will get a tour at the end of 2018.  :peace:
    Post edited by E.K on
  • topaztopaz Posts: 301
    Kia ora!  I went to the Saint Lukes screening in Auckland - grand total of about 15 people there - I sang and danced my way through it - everyone else left before the credits stopped rolling and missed Mind Your Manners at the end - we moshed up the front of the empty theatre needless to say.  Loved it.  Pity it wasn't better advertised but glad I knew about it I would have been so pissed if I missed it.  Best Band In World!  NZ tour cmon!

topaz said:
    Kia ora!  I went to the Saint Lukes screening in Auckland - grand total of about 15 people there - I sang and danced my way through it - everyone else left before the credits stopped rolling and missed Mind Your Manners at the end - we moshed up the front of the empty theatre needless to say.  Loved it.  Pity it wasn't better advertised but glad I knew about it I would have been so pissed if I missed it.  Best Band In World!  NZ tour cmon!

Went to NZ for the first time last month.  Stayed in Queenstown and did lots of sightseeing ... it was so beautiful.  Auckland and north island sightseeing next year hopefully.   Or if PJ do an Auckland show when they tour here next I might go to that instead of Brisbane for a change.   :smile:
  • stevo71stevo71 Posts: 13
    Saw Lets Play Two at Innaloo Cinemas last night place was pretty full. No-one got up and danced/sung which I was thankful for however there were a lot of people that sat there motionless which I thought was weird. I mean if one of your favourite bands are on the screen and playing some awesome tunes you think you would at least bop your head or tap your feet. Anyway movie was fantastic best version of Release I have ever heard. The cinema was great too picture and sound quality were top notch. Danny did an awesome job putting the film together as well. 9.5 out of 10 for me (lost half a point because they cut Black short).
  • morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I was at the St Lukes, Auckland screening last night too. Loved the movie but it needed to be louder & yeah I thought there was very minimal advertising too. I didn't hear about it at all except that I knew it was coming already. Anyway, loved it. :grin:
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    PKNZ said:
    Everyone catch Let's Play Two?

Turned up at Albany to an empty theatre, maybe about 24 people by the time it started. Heard there was more at Embassy in Wellington. 

Great movie, very loud.

Tour in 2018? plz plz plz.
    Sorry, I should have gone and if so, would have been Albany. =) Parental responsibilities precluded me attending, but I figured I'll be buying it on BR, so I can crank it at home someday soon.
  • doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    It’s beeeeeeeen sooooo loooooong
  • was wondering if there was any rumors i was unaware of? i am guessing this time next year

• morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    I'm hanging out for some live PJ too! I forget, do they generally only come down here after a new album, so it doesn't look like we're getting a new album this summer, so I guess as yellowledbetterman80 says maybe we'll be seeing them next summer? Here's hoping for a lotto win & can do the rumoured Europe tour!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • doomponydoompony Wellington, NZ Posts: 4,497
    Guess that 2017 rumour didn’t pan out.
    morello said:
    I'm hanging out for some live PJ too! I forget, do they generally only come down here after a new album, so it doesn't look like we're getting a new album this summer, so I guess as yellowledbetterman80 says maybe we'll be seeing them next summer? Here's hoping for a lotto win & can do the rumoured Europe tour! 

The 2018 European tour has basically been confirmed so I guess that means no Australia/NZ tour next year then .. and you're right, they only come here when there is a new album out.   :s

• PKNZPKNZ Posts: 76
    What are the chances of a 2018 tour?
  • EnzedEnzed NZ Posts: 473
    Happy Straya day.

maybe 2019?
    Auckland 1 1995
    Auckland 1998
    EV (Neil Finn and Friends, April 2, 2001)
    Auckland 2009
    Auckland 2014
    edited January 2018
    PKNZ said:
    I still think there's a Possibility...
    edited January 2018
    i_lov_it said:
    PKNZ said:
    I still think there's a Possibility...

I'd be really shocked if they came to Australia this year. 

1. The last show of the USA tour is on September 4. 
    2. I have never known them to tour Australia without a new album to promote.

Post edited by E.K on
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    doompony said:
    Everyone who met her knew she was one of the good ones. So kind, supportive and encouraging. And funny. My thoughts and love to all of you who are feeling this. And especially to her boys. image
    Hard to believe its 2 yrs.. Thinking tonight, I wonder what Lindy/Zenith would think of the new song and the chances of a Tour later in the yr....Love this portrait.. x
    New single and new album to be released later this year.  Looks like an Australian tour is on the cards.  Early 2019 is my prediction.  
  • Lukin_ozLukin_oz Posts: 257
    https://tonedeaf.com.au/pearl-jam-set-release-new-album/ 

Talk of a possible Splendour date... but I think a stretch at best
    Those who dance are called insane by those who dont hear the music
    edited March 2018
    ^ What crap.. it's just speculation by the writer .. Why would PJ come here just to do a one off festival in Byron Bay at the end of July?

That festival is actually not far from where I live ...  Have never been though at it's really difficult to get tickets and mostly a young crowd. 

Pffft

Post edited by E.K on