Repub Party

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Wobbie said:
    spineless, sanctimonious, hypocritical cocksuckers.

3 senators excluded.

Imagine if you changed the word in front of suckers to the p word.
    Well then I guess he'd be exactly as unfit for POTUS as our current one.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:
    Wobbie said:

3 senators excluded.

So it's okay to say c suckers but not p suckers? I dare anyone to write the full word p sucker.
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Pickle Sucker
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Pickle Sucker
    Whaaaaaaat? I thought popsickle for sure!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Pickle Sucker

As for thread integrity the Repubs can't get anything done because of the liberal shit.

Like pickle came to the minds of the politically correct.  I say again, I dare anyone to say the p word (c in some languages) in front of sucker.

You cant, I cant.  That is fucked up.

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    Wobbie said:

3 senators excluded.

So it's okay to say c suckers but not p suckers? I dare anyone to write the full word p sucker.
    Read what I said.
    Either one is inappropriate for a POTUS to say in public.
    I say those kinds of things and so does Señor Wob, but we aren't tasked with representing the dignity of a great nation.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    The republican party is dead.  They allowed it to happen by inviting in the fringe right in order to win national elections.  The final nail in the coffin was backing Donald trump with their votes after that awful campaign.  It's dead.  The problem is, the Dems are on life support too.  The politicians have brought this on all of us through their no-action, lobby-abiding work.  A year ago I use to tell a friend of mine to calm down, things werent as bad as he thought and wouldnt get to the point he thought.  I'm thinking I was way wrong on that.  Trying to be optimistic in this type of world only delays the inevitable it seems.

I don;t want to wait 3 years to hope this changes...cause it's more than just trump.  I'm hoping Kasich and other true conservatives join with leaders from the Dems (honestly, I'm uncertain of who it should be...and that is part of the problem) and tries to unite us before we end up farther down the path.  It's not easy work at all, but it's easy today then it will be in 2020.

hippiemom = goodness
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Pickle Sucker

As for thread integrity the Repubs can't get anything done because of the liberal shit.

Like pickle came to the minds of the politically correct.  I say again, I dare anyone to say the p word (c in some languages) in front of sucker.

You cant, I cant.  That is fucked up.

LMAO. seriously? the republicans control both houses, and they can't get anything done because of the liberal shit? HAHAHAHAHA. no, it's because everything Trump and his idiots put forth can't even survive party lines. 

bring on the EO's!! that's all Trump can do. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The republican party is dead.  They allowed it to happen by inviting in the fringe right in order to win national elections.  The final nail in the coffin was backing Donald trump with their votes after that awful campaign.  It's dead.  The problem is, the Dems are on life support too.  The politicians have brought this on all of us through their no-action, lobby-abiding work.  A year ago I use to tell a friend of mine to calm down, things werent as bad as he thought and wouldnt get to the point he thought.  I'm thinking I was way wrong on that.  Trying to be optimistic in this type of world only delays the inevitable it seems.

I don;t want to wait 3 years to hope this changes...cause it's more than just trump.  I'm hoping Kasich and other true conservatives join with leaders from the Dems (honestly, I'm uncertain of who it should be...and that is part of the problem) and tries to unite us before we end up farther down the path.  It's not easy work at all, but it's easy today then it will be in 2020.

I was thinking this the other day, that the only way for either party to survive is for the moderates to join together. it has happened a number of times in Canada. I know the American system is way older and less apt to change, but something needs to be done. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Are "moderates" even moderates though? I'm starting to view American moderates as wusses at this point. None of them want any change in a place that desperately requires it. I personally think Bernie Sanders is on the best path. He's no extremist - all he really especially wants to do is to make education and health care a right for American citizens. Those are his two main goals. Yet "moderates" tend to call this extreme, because they seem scared to actually do anything that will result in actual positive change... because they are scared of frightening off voters... who are gleaning this attitude from the moderates.... who are gleaning this attitude from the voters... and around and around we go with the moderate status quo.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    Cincy, what do you mean by 'they're dead'? Both parties just need to gradually circle around an individual to get voter support. Republicans will need to distance themselves from trump to get elected in 2018. For 2020 Dems just need a Sanders without grey hair and he'll beat Pence. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Hypocrites. All of them. One of the main reasons I left this party over a decade ago:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/05/tim-murphy-resigns-from-congress-243510

Tim Murphy resigns from Congress

The anti-abortion Republican was embroiled in scandal after reportedly encouraging a woman he was romantically involved with to terminate a pregnancy.

By RACHAEL BADE and JAKE SHERMAN

10/05/2017 04:06 PM EDT

Updated 10/05/2017 05:58 PM EDT

Rep. Tim Murphy (R-Pa.), the embattled anti-abortion lawmaker who allegedly encouraged his lover to terminate a pregnancy, on Thursday announced his plan to resign from office later this month — just a day after announcing his plan to retire following the 2018 election.

The Pennsylvania Republican’s about-face came after House GOP leaders and senior Republicans upped the pressure on Murphy to step down. Republican sources familiar with Murphy’s thinking said the married father of one child initially believed he could weather a Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story revealing he had sent a series of text messages to his girlfriend — a psychologist half his age — encouraging her to have an abortion. Murphy had been a strongly anti-abortion lawmaker during his 15 years in Congress.

“This afternoon I received a letter of resignation from Congressman Tim Murphy, effective October 21," Speaker Paul Ryan said in a statement. "It was Dr. Murphy's decision to move on to the next chapter of his life, and I support it."

But many senior Republicans did not believe Murphy could — or should — survive until the end of his term. Several top Republicans said Ryan, who met with Murphy Wednesday evening to discuss his future, also wanted him to step down.

GOP insiders were also worried additional damaging stories could surface on Murphy and his office. The Post-Gazette revealed that his staff was in turmoil for years, with the congressman yelling at aides and throwing folders.

“As I said last night, the circumstances surrounding this situation are extremely disappointing to me,” National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Steve Stivers (Ohio) said in a statement.

But Stivers predicted that Republicans would easily hold Murphy's district, despite the scandal that destroyed the GOP lawmaker's career.

"The NRCC is undefeated in special elections this year and I’m supremely confident that will continue," he said. "In the meantime, we look forward to seeing how national Democrats can spin yet another special election loss into a so-called ‘moral victory’."

A daily play-by-play of congressional news in your inbox.

EmailSign Up

By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from POLITICO. You can unsubscribe at any time.

The sudden furor surrounding Murphy brought a wave of detractors eager to tell of their mistreatment at his hands during his time in Congress.

Five former Murphy employees contacted POLITICO to share stories of inappropriate behavior by both Murphy and his chief of staff Susan Mosychuk. Those included tales of staff being berated as “worthless” and “stupid.” Others told of being forced by Mosychuk to take the stairs instead of the elevators as punishments for underperforming.

Republicans believed the matter could become an ethics issue that would trigger an investigation and distract from GOP messaging. With Murphy set to resign in two weeks, any ethics probe would end as soon as he left office.

Throughout Wednesday, Murphy held a series of private meetings with other GOP lawmakers as he sought to save his career. Pennsylvania GOP Reps. Charlie Dent and Bill Shuster huddled with Murphy in his office on Wednesday afternoon, but would not discuss what was said following the private session.

By Thursday morning, Murphy began to understand those complications and had drafted a resignation letter.

Murphy's departure from Congress is expected to set off a scramble to replace him in what is a safe GOP seat. Democrats signaled that they have very low expectations of making a competitive run there.

"Pennsylvania’s 18th Congressional District is a reliable Republican stronghold, but the grassroots energy behind Democrats has proven powerful this year, and we will be closely tracking this district and special election," said Meredith Kelly, communications director for the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

In Pennsylvania special elections, the state central committees for both parties select primary nominees, rather than through a primary vote.

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, will set the special general election date, which some political operatives believe will occur on the same day as the regular primary date next May.

“I’d assume the governor would put it on primary election day of next year,” said Mark Harris, a Republican consultant in the state. “If that’s the case, there would be two ballots — a special election ballot and a primary ballot. In theory, a candidate could win the special election and another candidate could win the primary.”

Two Republican candidates announced their bids on Thursday — state Sen. Guy Reschenthaler, a former judge and Iraq War veteran, and state Sen. Kim Ward. Local operatives also named state Rep. Rick Saccone, who’s currently running for the U.S. Senate, as another potential candidate.

Three Democrats were already vying to take on Murphy before he resigned, including Pam Iovino, a veteran who picked up an endorsement from VoteVets on Wednesday. But Democratic operatives said they expect more candidates to jump in, naming Matt Smith, president of the Greater Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce, state Rep. Dan Miller and Westmoreland County Commissioner Ted Kopas.

chinese-happy.jpg

Crazy conspiracy theorists are prominent figures in the GOP now. What happened to the republican party?

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/354096-gop-rep-suggests-george-soros-was-behind-charlottesville-rally

GOP rep suggests conspiracy theory about Charlottesville violence

GOP rep suggests conspiracy theory about Charlottesville violence
    © Getty Images

A GOP lawmaker floated a conspiracy theory about August's fatal rally in Charlottesville, Va., in a new interview, proposing without evidence that billionaire Democratic donor George Soros could have been involved in organizing the white supremacist event.

In an interview published Thursday with Vice News, Rep. Paul GosarPaul GosarHouse conservatives: Rove's criticism 'wrong and misguided'House votes to block funding for EPA methane pollution ruleMcCain needs to start showing my constituents more respectMORE (R-Ariz.) suggests that the neo-Nazis rallying in Charlottesville were funded by Soros.  

"Maybe [the rally] was created by the left," Gosar says, before making an allusion to Charlottesville rally organizer Jason Kessler. "Because, let’s look at the person that actually started the rally. It’s come to our attention that this is a person from Occupy Wall Street that was an Obama sympathizer. So, wait a minute, be careful where you start taking these people to."

Gosar goes on to accuse Soros, who is Jewish, of turning in his own people to the Nazis during World War II when he lived in Hungary. Soros was 14 in 1945, when the war in Europe ended.

"You know George Soros is one of those people that actually helps back these individuals. Who is he? I think he’s from Hungary. I think he was Jewish. And I think he turned in his own people to the Nazis," Gosar continues. "Better be careful where we go with those."

Asked directly whether he thinks Soros funded the neo-Nazis, Gosar replied, "Wouldn’t it be interesting to find out?"

Soros's Open Society Foundation responded to Vice News in a statement, condemning Gosar for his remarks.

"[George Soros] was 14 years old when the war ended. He did not collaborate with the Nazis. He did not help round up people. He did not confiscate anybody’s property. Such baseless allegations are insulting to the victims of the Holocaust, to all Jewish people, and to anyone who honors the truth. It is an affront to Mr. Soros and his family, who against the odds managed to survive one of the darkest moments in our history," a spokeswoman wrote in a statement.

Gosar is now the second House Republican to publicly state the belief that white supremacist violence in Charlottesville was organized or funded by left-wing organizers. Last month, Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-Calif.) blamed the violence on "left-wingers" manipulating "dumb Civil War re-enactors."

“It was a setup for these dumb Civil War re-enactors,” Rohrabacher said in September. “It was left-wingers who were manipulating them in order to have this confrontation."

chinese-happy.jpg
    ah, the good ol Alex Jones line of thinking. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Cincy, what do you mean by 'they're dead'? Both parties just need to gradually circle around an individual to get voter support. Republicans will need to distance themselves from trump to get elected in 2018. For 2020 Dems just need a Sanders without grey hair and he'll beat Pence. 
    If this past week, well past 9 months and 17 days doesn't make any politician aligned with Trump untenable, then Rome is indeed burning.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    Bob Corker is saying publicly, what most republicans are saying privately: the president is fucking crazy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/us/politics/trump-corker.html

Bob Corker Says Trump’s Recklessness Threatens ‘World War III’

“He concerns me,” Mr. Corker added. “He would have to concern anyone who cares about our nation.”

“I know for a fact that every single day at the White House, it’s a situation of trying to contain him,” Mr. Corker said in a telephone interview.

“A lot of people think that there is some kind of ‘good cop, bad cop’ act underway, but that’s just not true,” Mr. Corker said.

Without offering specifics, he said Mr. Trump had repeatedly undermined diplomacy with his Twitter fingers. “I know he has hurt, in several instances, he’s hurt us as it relates to negotiations that were underway by tweeting things out,” Mr. Corker said.

“Look, except for a few people, the vast majority of our caucus understands what we’re dealing with here,” he said, adding that “of course they understand the volatility that we’re dealing with and the tremendous amount of work that it takes by people around him to keep him in the middle of the road.”

“I don’t know why the president tweets out things that are not true,” he said. “You know he does it, everyone knows he does it, but he does.”

“When I told him that that just wasn’t in the cards, he said, ‘You know, if you run, I’ll endorse you.’ I said, ‘Mr. President, it’s just not in the cards; I’ve already made a decision.’ So then we began talking about other candidates that were running.”

“I would compliment him on things that he did well, and I’d criticize things that were inappropriate,” he said. “So it’s been really the same all the way through.”

After a report last week that Mr. Tillerson had once referred to Mr. Trump as a “moron,” Mr. Corker told reporters that Mr. Tillerson was one of three officials helping to “separate our country from chaos.” Those remarks were repeated on “Fox News Sunday,” which may have prompted Mr. Trump’s outburst.

In August, after Mr. Trump’s equivocal response to the deadly clashes in Charlottesville, Va., Mr. Corker told reporters that the president “has not yet been able to demonstrate the stability nor some of the competence that he needs to demonstrate in order to be successful.”

He said on Sunday that he had made all those comments deliberately, aiming them at “an audience of one, plus those people who are closely working around with him, what I would call the good guys.” He was referring to Mr. Tillerson, Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and the White House chief of staff, John F. Kelly.

“As long as there are people like that around him who are able to talk him down when he gets spun up, you know, calm him down and continue to work with him before a decision gets made, I think we’ll be fine,” he said.

“I don’t think he appreciates that when the president of the United States speaks and says the things that he does, the impact that it has around the world, especially in the region that he’s addressing,” he said. “And so, yeah, it’s concerning to me."

chinese-happy.jpg
  • What credibility do they have left?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • I wonder what $300MM to $400MM gets a couple of old geezers? Don't they have "enough?"

For 2018, the Koch brothers' political network plans to spend between $300 million and $400 million, the Associated Press reported in June. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ted-cruz-warns-of-a-watergate-style-blowout-in-2018/ar-AAtoXNp?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

Brilliantati©
  • All those "outraged" anti Clinton Global Foundation, George Soros is ruining the world types, hello? And it's not even a presidential election year. Run silent, run deep but spare me the outrage.

Brilliantati©
    edited October 2017
    From a month ago, but kind of apropos for this thread, no?

WHY REPUBLICANS CAN'T GOVERN

chinese-happy.jpg
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • 09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Sold their souls to beat Hillary.

Brilliantati©
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357

Almost every Senate Republican voted Thursday to block an amendment that would have protected a swath of the Alaskan Arctic from oil exploration, flouting attempts from Democrats and environmental groups to keep the region under government protection.

Democrats, led by Sen. Maria Cantwell (Wash.), were attempting to attach an amendment to the chamber’s budget plan that would bar drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge, which covers more than 19 million acres in northeastern Alaska. The region, described by the state’s tourism bureau as one of Alaska’s crown jewels, is home to polar bears, caribou, moose and hundreds of species of migratory birds.

“The notion that we, tonight, after 60-plus years, would give up what is a biologically important area, a critical habitat for polar bears, a breeding ground for caribou, migratory birds and over 200 species ― for what? For oil we don’t need?” Cantwell said on the Senate floor Thursday, according to The Hill.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    The fact that it would be an amendment into a budget is pretty stupid.  But then again government is stupid.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Go Rex go!

Brilliantati©

"When his term is over, I think the debasing of our nation, the constant non-truth telling, and the -- just the name calling, the things that I think, the debasement of our nation is what we will be remembered most important, and that's regretful."

chinese-happy.jpg
    "I think world leaders are very aware that much of what he says is untrue."
    chinese-happy.jpg
    "We are going to be doing hearings on some of the things that he purposely is breaking down, relationships we have around the world that have been useful to our nation."
    chinese-happy.jpg
    "I don't know why he lowers himself to such a low, low standard, and debases our country in a way that he does, but he does."
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.