2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Give me some us dates!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MK88178MK88178 Chicago Posts: 483
    Krakow in the summer? Am I getting warm?
  • I'm happy that they might be headed to the studio. And a fall US tour.   Just remember philly loves you guys.  
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    Sarava said:
    So they have nearly 6 months before these SA dates. The big question to me is, will they use that time to make a new album?
    seems u are on to something there...:)
    This would be amazing!  Hope Stone is taking a lead role with new album.  
  • EB218946 said:
    Sarava said:
    So they have nearly 6 months before these SA dates. The big question to me is, will they use that time to make a new album?
    Yeah.  Would be cool.  But Ed is gonna take the lead.  What we need is for Brendan O'Brien not to be involved.  Unfortunately I don't think PJ has another great album in them.  
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Let's hope that with cooler Nth American weather on the way, Eds finished his Sept appearances, the boys can spend a few months together writing at different stages and put together some music and give Ed time to put some lyrics over the top before they head to Sth America. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • When do we think an Aussie tour will happen ? 
    Also any chance of playing Tasmania ? 
  • Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    So ready for another U.S. run.  Hoping for some stops in Texas.
  • So ready for another U.S. run.  Hoping for some stops in Texas.
    From your lips to god's ears.
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    When do we think an Aussie tour will happen ? 
    12-14 months at least. If here was an early Feb tour we would've heard by now. Tasmania deserve a show but 99% zero chance. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    12-14 months at least. If here was an early Feb tour we would've heard by now. Tasmania deserve a show but 99% zero chance. 
    Maybe Tassie will get an Eddie solo show...I hear he's a fan of Tasmania. 
  • I saw EV solo in Ky and Tn last weekend and both shows were great. So fantastic that some 2018 PJ shows might be in the cards for NA.  I personally hope there isn't a new album.  I'd prefer the 2018 shows to focus on the classics and not selling a new album.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • monkeyphoenixmonkeyphoenix London Posts: 27
    EB218946 said:
    Sarava said:
    Yeah.  Would be cool.  But Ed is gonna take the lead.  What we need is for Brendan O'Brien not to be involved.  Unfortunately I don't think PJ has another great album in them.  
    Agree, sadly. Though in terms of a tour, I don't think having a new album or not makes much difference - when the guys play for 3+ hours there is so much great stuff in there anyway! Can't wait to see them in europe again
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    yeah.ike 15-16 months from now
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    kst said:
    I saw EV solo in Ky and Tn last weekend and both shows were great. So fantastic that some 2018 PJ shows might be in the cards for NA.  I personally hope there isn't a new album.  I'd prefer the 2018 shows to focus on the classics and not selling a new album.
    Saw him in KY and TN? Did I miss something?
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    jmug23 said:
    kst said:
    I saw EV solo in Ky and Tn last weekend and both shows were great. So fantastic that some 2018 PJ shows might be in the cards for NA.  I personally hope there isn't a new album.  I'd prefer the 2018 shows to focus on the classics and not selling a new album.
    Apparently you missed Bourbon and Beyond. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    jmug23 said:
    kst said:
    Seriously? Apparently you did
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    cant wait to book my first flight,my first hotel and enter the lottery for next year tour...
    what a fuckin great band to be a fan
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    Sarava said:
    This is good news. Can't wait for some new stuff to come out! :)
  • jmug23 said:
    kst said:
    Yes, sept 23 bourbon and beyond and sept 24 pilgrimage festival. These were festival appearances but fairly decent set list length. Both sets together equates to about one full show. These were the first times I'd seen him solo and it was really good.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    cant wait to book my first flight,my first hotel and enter the lottery for next year tour...
    Ryanair better sort themselves out before next summer. :lol:
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,181
    jmug23 said:
    kst said:
    Bed, Bourbon and Beyond. 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    At this point I'm staying home unless they play Red Rocks or Las Vegas
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    my2hands said:
    Liar
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    jmug23 said:
    kst said:
    Hahaha!

kst said:
    jmug23 said:
    kst said:
    Yes, sept 23 bourbon and beyond and sept 24 pilgrimage festival. These were festival appearances but fairly decent set list length. Both sets together equates to about one full show. These were the first times I'd seen him solo and it was really good.
    Oh yeah. Gotcha. Now I remember. I think Alzheimer's is starting to kick in:) glad it was a good show. Ohana Fest was also good a couple weeks ago. 
    jmug23 said:
    kst said:
    For some reason I wasn't thinking of festivals, I was thinking of a solo tour. My mistake. 
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    maverick said:
    jmug23 said:
    kst said:
    Bed, Bourbon and Beyond. 

Why would you need to go beyond those two?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited September 2017
    mcgruff10 said:
    my2hands said:
    Liar
    I'll go to any philly shows of course.... maybe cherry pick a short road trip to a smaller city like Pittsburgh, Albany, Hartford, etc.... but honestly that's about it

I know it sounds crazy but they dont mix it up as much as people think and seem to be leaning more heavily on hits/staples from Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, and Yield lately.... great albums of course, but that's all 20+ years old.... I'm not complaining, nobody else comes close to these guys... but they dont seem interested in playing too much stuff they recorded post 1998

It's why we only went to Fenway 1 and didn't regret it at all, no repeats!
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    What do you think your first 3 lottery selections will be?