Pearl Jam and Sonos Celebrate New Partnership With the Release of 'Let's Play Two'

2»

Comments

• PP193448 said:

only thing i dont like is like is that I can't stream iTunes over wifi.  Can use all other streaming services.  Wife likes iHeartRadio radio.  Can play anything I have already stored on my iPhone.  
    ?

you don't have it synced to your music library? ive Had it synced to my iTunes library since day 1. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    MayDay10 said:
    Anybody hook up a turntable to any of this?  Im on the fence for a playbar, sub, and two play1 speakers.... the ability to hook up my turntable to the system would probably sell it
    Yep. I have one hooked up. You need a Sonos connect to do it. 
    Yes, I saw that....  it seems you can also wire it into a 5.

My first priority will be the Playbar.  Then a connect.  Followed by 1s, a sub, then 2 5s.  Then probably a 5 for my patio, then a few 1s for my living room and kitchen.  
  • PJDowPJDow Posts: 43
    Hey guys, anyone know how to order this ? is there a promo code that I'm missing?

• Came in the 10C email that announced it. 
  • PJDowPJDow Posts: 43
    Came in the 10C email that announced it. 
    Ahh thx dude!
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    Has anyone used both the Playbar initially and then purchased and used a Playbase when it was released?

If yes, which of the two products would you recommend?  I'm likely never going to purchase a Sonos sub, so that won't factor into my ultimate decision.  Pairing either the Playbar or the Playbase with a pair of Play 1's is enough TV/Netflix sound for me.

Thank you ahead of time for any and all constructive input.  Have a nice week.

• What is the code we need to use to use the PJ discount?
    wbutler29 said:
    What is the code we need to use to use the PJ discount?
    Hi,
    I believe the Sonos promo codes are unique for each 10C member. The code came in an email from 10c around the 10th of September..... Promo expires October 1st.  Have a nice day.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

PP193448 said:

only thing i dont like is like is that I can't stream iTunes over wifi.  Can use all other streaming services.  Wife likes iHeartRadio radio.  Can play anything I have already stored on my iPhone.  
    ?

you don't have it synced to your music library? ive Had it synced to my iTunes library since day 1. 
    Shit.  I'm an idiot.  After you sync your music library folder, do you need to keep your computer on the while you use the sonos app on your phone?
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

?

Shit.  I'm an idiot.  After you sync your music library folder, do you need to keep your computer on the while you use the sonos app on your phone?
    I believe you do.  I use Google Play Music.  I had purchased a WD My Cloud NAS drive, but I found that thing so unreliable regarding its WIFI connection stability, which rendered it useless and a waste of money.  Google Play Music lets me upload all those PJ bootlegs and access them anywhere there's WFI.
  • ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    edited September 2017
    BF89905 said:
    Has anyone used both the Playbar initially and then purchased and used a Playbase when it was released?

If yes, which of the two products would you recommend?  I'm likely never going to purchase a Sonos sub, so that won't factor into my ultimate decision.  Pairing either the Playbar or the Playbase with a pair of Play 1's is enough TV/Netflix sound for me.

I had a Playbar, 2 Play1s, and a Sub in my TV room. The sound is amazing and it's also great when I play music. I had my Playbar sitting in front of the TV, which worked well because the TV has a large bezel that kept the Playbar's relatively high clearance from blocking the screen. However, the Playbar was meant to be mounted on the wall to enable the sound to bounce off the floor and all around. I have now mounted my Playbar on the wall under the TV in my bedroom and it is working great.

In its place, I have a Playbase that my TV sits on top of. The sound is amazing because it projects straight out and I love the sleek look, it just disappears. It is pretty heavy, so you don't even need a Sub with it unless you really want an extra oomph.

Bottom line: Both will serve your needs well but, the Playbase with 2 Play1s will be all you need and will look great.

I hope this info helps answer some questions. 

***not sure why it's posting this way, I couldn't get my text outside of this box. No doubt, operator error.  :-s
    Post edited by ItIsAllAboutPJ on
    BF89905 said:

I had a Playbar, 2 Play1s, and a Sub in my TV room. The sound is amazing and it's also great when I play music. I had my Playbar sitting in front of the TV, which worked well because the TV has a large bezel that kept the Playbar's relatively high clearance from blocking the screen. However, the Playbar was meant to be mounted on the wall to enable the sound to bounce off the floor and all around. I have now mounted my Playbar on the wall under the TV in my bedroom and it is working great.

In its place, I have a Playbase that my TV sits on top of. The sound is amazing because it projects straight out and I love the sleek look, it just disappears. It is pretty heavy, so you don't even need a Sub with it unless you really want an extra oomph.

Bottom line: Both will serve your needs well but, the Playbase with 2 Play1s will be all you need and will look great.

***not sure why it's posting this way, I couldn't get my text outside of this box. No doubt, operator error.  :-s
    ItisallaboutPJ,
    Thank you for your detailed and practical review of your experiences with both the Playbase and Playbar.  I'm leaning towards the Playbase at this point ;)
    Have a nice night and week.
    BF89905 said:
    BF89905 said:

ItisallaboutPJ,
    Thank you for your detailed and practical review of your experiences with both the Playbase and Playbar.  I'm leaning towards the Playbase at this point ;)
    You are more than welcome! 
    I'm sure you will love whatever you get...I really enjoy having Sonos all over my house. I especially love having a Play3 in my garage, it makes weekend out in the yard more fun! :)
    After much deliberation and anguish...

I went with the Playbar and the Connect Amp.  

I need the playbar for my newly finished basement.  Also have the turntable down there, which will hook up directly with the Connect Amp.  I will have 2 of my old speakers wired into the Amp as well.  

Ill probably chip away over time adding some equipment and to bring sound to different rooms and patio. 
    BF89905 said:
    BF89905 said:

ItisallaboutPJ,
    I'm sure you will love whatever you get...I really enjoy having Sonos all over my house. I especially love having a Play3 in my garage, it makes weekend out in the yard more fun! :)
    I've been hooked on Sonos for the past three years.  I have Play 1's through out the house - they sound quite good when you pair them together.  I haven't really looked at a Play3 due to its older appearance.  I had a significant amount of money saved up through Amazon rewards, so I in turn purchased a new Play5, which is a terrific speaker. As Sonos customers know, 20% off is virtually unheard of, so the TV playbar or pPlaybase will be my next purchase.  Thanks again for your constructive help.
    be well
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 646
    My email is gone. Any way to get another code?
  • Boff you need to listen to let’s play two on Sonos! 
    It still holds up, its like noine times better than regular radio
    E-Cent9/2/00Spectrum4/28/03StateColl.5/3/03 Tor6/28/03Mont6/29/03Tweet 7/5/03,7/6/03Reading10/1/04Borgata10/1/05
    Wach.10/3/05Tweet5/27/06,5/28/06
    Continental6/3/06,Forum7/9/06,7/10/06, Fonda7/12/06SantaBarb7/13/06SanFran7/16/06 7/18/06Lolla8/5/07Tweet6/19/08,6/20/08,D.C.6/22/08MSG6/25/08Tor8/21/09 Spec 3 shows
  • PJ/Sonos, thanks for the discount code!!

• PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

?

Yes you do.

please do this again in 6 months when I desire to add to my system
    edited September 2017
    MayDay10 said:
    please do this again in 6 months when I desire to add to my system
    This would bring a smile to my face, too
  • What did everyone get? 

I bought the Playbase.

What did everyone get? 

I bought the Playbase.

Same for me
  • What did everyone get? 

I bought the Playbase.

I went with the Playbar and Sub. Very excited that I got it at 20% off. Thanks 10C!

i have Play 1's and a Play 3 thru out the house. Excited to add these 2 to my set up!
    BF89905 said:
    BF89905 said:
    BF89905 said:

ItisallaboutPJ,
    I've been hooked on Sonos for the past three years.  I have Play 1's through out the house - they sound quite good when you pair them together.  I haven't really looked at a Play3 due to its older appearance.  I had a significant amount of money saved up through Amazon rewards, so I in turn purchased a new Play5, which is a terrific speaker. As Sonos customers know, 20% off is virtually unheard of, so the TV playbar or pPlaybase will be my next purchase.  Thanks again for your constructive help.
    be well
    The PJ 20% discount was a  phenomenal deal, what a great way to dip your toes into the Sonos world, hopefully they will do it again.

The Play3 is the first Sonos I bought when they came out, I don't know if they even still sell them, that's why I have it out in the garage. I don't have any Play5's because I already have 2 very nice sounding Infinity speakers with my turntable in the livingroom. I have filled in the rest of the rooms with Play1's + the Playbar and Playbase. I've also accumulated over the years a Playboost, Sub and Connect. 
    It is wonderful having the sound of whatever I choose to play streaming throughout the house, I don't have to cranked up the volume just to hear it when I'm walking from room to room. 
    I guess I'm somewhat of a Sonos enthusiast too. ;)
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    My Playbase came yesterday. Holy shit is it great. Music sounds fantastic on it. It also makes TV a way better experience. can't wait to watch a movie with it. 

My Playbase came yesterday. Holy shit is it great. Music sounds fantastic on it. It also makes TV a way better experience. can't wait to watch a movie with it. 

'Glad to hear your review of the Playbase.  I ordered the same product.  Have a nice weekend.
  • Thanks 10C! They sound as great as I thought they would. 

Very cool partnership and great that we got the savings!
This discussion has been closed.