*** -- PROCESSING Your Philadelphia 76ers -- ***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Nice! Sixers get a Christmas Day game this year. Noon vs Knicks. I think we can expect quite a few national TV games....

Sixers to start the day / Eagles to end it
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

23 national tv games. 11th most in the league.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I think this Irving trade increases the slim chances that the sixers have of bringing lebron here next year.  I also think the celtics are really dumb for giving up so much for Irving -- so overrated and always hurt.

O/U for Sixers wins is now 42.5.

ttp...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

O/U for Sixers wins is now 42.5.

ttp...

take the over
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Dario Saric had a great game today, in Eurobasket. He had 18 points, 13 Rebounds 5 Ast. , 2 block shots & 2 steals. Croatia lost to Spain by  6.

Furkan Korkmaz had 14 points in a win over Belgium.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Embiid still not cleared for 5 on 5. ouch.  i guess they didn't get the memo from dr juggler 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    pjhawks said:
    Embiid still not cleared for 5 on 5. ouch.  i guess they didn't get the memo from dr juggler 
    Yeah, and it was a "minor" procedure. That was done 6 MONTHS ago!!

I'm concerned he may.............................................never mind.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:

Same injury that every other player recovers from in 4-6 weeks but for Jah and JoJo its over six months. I really hope this is contract related. I believe The Juggler always referred to his foot injury not the knee from last year.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:

Same injury that every other player recovers from in 4-6 weeks but for Jah and JoJo its over six months. I really hope this is contract related. I believe The Juggler always referred to his foot injury not the knee from last year.

Jesus...yeah he still doesn't understand what I meant.

I've also read they said what they said because the new doctor hasn't had a chance to fully evaluate him yet. He was just hired within the week. Hopefully that's what this is about.

Cannot wait for this season to start

chinese-happy.jpg
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:

I've also read they said what they said because the new doctor hasn't had a chance to fully evaluate him yet. He was just hired within the week. Hopefully that's what this is about.

i know exactly what you meant. you brought up my statement from 3 years ago when they drafted him that i didn't think he'd ever be healthy.  unfortunately so far i've been a lot closer to being correct about that then you would ever give me credit for. sucks to be right up to this point.  i hope with this upcoming season i am proven wrong.
    pjhawks said:
    JK_Livin said:
    cutz said:
    pjhawks said:

i know exactly what you meant. you brought up my statement from 3 years ago when they drafted him that i didn't think he'd ever be healthy.  unfortunately so far i've been a lot closer to being correct about that then you would ever give me credit for. sucks to be right up to this point.  i hope with this upcoming season i am proven wrong.

For the thousandth time--the reason you lose arguments is because you fail to understand the other person's point. And you keep bringing up the same one's over and over and over and over again...year after year after year. It's annoying and tiresome. You're pretty much just a waste of everyone's time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    No one knows if Embiid can stay healthy. It's not exactly a hot take to say a big man with foot problems is going to have health issues.
    It becomes a hot take when you categorically state he will never be healthy and to not expect any contribution from him at all. Also funny to see him say he's not worth an additional 13 wins.
    IF he was healthy would there be a minutes restriciiton? If he was healthy would he be playing in back to backs? If he was healthy would he have played one of the last two games? again too early to call on his health. i've admitted before it's shocking how good Embiid has been so far which I think you agree with. No one saw him being this good this year after a 2 year layoff. it's one of the most stunning things we've seen around here. I am must glad you've finally learned to spell his name. and no never said they needed to be championship caliber this year. the process to have worked needs to produce that type of team eventually. right now they are what 4 years in and still at 17-27. Long way to go to call the process a success. long long way.
    He was always going to have minutes restrictions in his first year back. You categorically stated he would never be healthy and to not expect any production out of him at all....while saying there was no way Saric would be here this year. Wrong on both counts. Nobody promised a championship to you. We've only seen one pro championship in this town in over 30 years. That's a ridiculously hot takey thing to say. All people said was this 3 year process was the best possible avenue towards getting a team that could compete at that level. You can make the argument that the Sixers are in better shape than the other teams in the city right now. Enjoy the ride.
    so you didn't answer the question(s). is he healthy or not? if he is healthy why agree with minutes restrictions? absolutely was wrong on Saric but almost everyone was. And again no one expected Embiid to be this good this early. NO ONE. I never said champsionship. i said championship caliber. they have to get to the top of the eastern conference or very close to it. so you are saying tanking for 4 years was ok even if they only get to mediocrity like they were before the Hinkie process? umm ok sure
    He is healthy. They are being as cautious as possible with him, which is smart. You said to not expect any production at all and to be lucky if we got something for him in a trade. Ridiculous. I know you were wrong on both counts. Agreed. Nobody promised you a championship or a championship caliber team, Takes. They tanked for 3 years because it was the best possible avenue to put them into that position. A decade of doing things the other way got them nowhere. This is the same stuff that has been explained to you for the past few years now. Patience is a virtue. This is the first year out of the tank, and you're already seeing results. Onward and upward.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    It is a fact that Embiid has never been healthy...
    edited September 2017

He keeps bringing up this thing from last year that was specifically regarding his foot though and was acting like he would never step on the court for the Sixers. The foot's fine and was fine last year. He wouldn't have been on the court to start the season last year if it wasn't. He then hurt his knee a few months later and they stupidly let him play against the Rockets a week later and made it worse. 

They just brought on Barcelona FC's doctor a few days ago. Hopefully this guy knows his shit.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

He keeps bringing up this thing from last year that was specifically regarding his foot though and was acting like he would never step on the court for the Sixers. The foot's fine and was fine last year. He wouldn't have been on the court to start the season last year if it wasn't. He then hurt his knee a few months later and they stupidly let him play against the Rockets a week later and made it worse. 

They just brought on Barcelona FC's doctor a few days ago. Hopefully this guy knows his shit.

Got it.  Makes sense.

I did see they hired a new doc.  Did not realize it was a Barca doc.  Wonder how Embiid feels about that?!  Huge Real Madrid fan.  That's a funny connection.
    edited September 2017

Got it.  Makes sense.

I did see they hired a new doc.  Did not realize it was a Barca doc.  Wonder how Embiid feels about that?!  Huge Real Madrid fan.  That's a funny connection.

"and embiid will never be healthy. big man with bad feet (and bad attitude apparently) is a really bad combo. two surgeries already. forget anticipating any contribution from him and be thankful if you get anything at any point from him."

That in addition to him saying a healthy Embiid isn't worth 15 wins (which was also proven false) is what started this stupid argument he continues to bring up again and again...like all his other stupid nonsense.

also:

YOU'RE a funny connection.

chinese-happy.jpg
    No one knows if Embiid can stay healthy. It's not exactly a hot take to say a big man with foot problems is going to have health issues.
    It becomes a hot take when you categorically state he will never be healthy and to not expect any contribution from him at all. Also funny to see him say he's not worth an additional 13 wins.
    IF he was healthy would there be a minutes restriciiton? If he was healthy would he be playing in back to backs? If he was healthy would he have played one of the last two games? again too early to call on his health. i've admitted before it's shocking how good Embiid has been so far which I think you agree with. No one saw him being this good this year after a 2 year layoff. it's one of the most stunning things we've seen around here. I am must glad you've finally learned to spell his name. and no never said they needed to be championship caliber this year. the process to have worked needs to produce that type of team eventually. right now they are what 4 years in and still at 17-27. Long way to go to call the process a success. long long way.
    He was always going to have minutes restrictions in his first year back. You categorically stated he would never be healthy and to not expect any production out of him at all....while saying there was no way Saric would be here this year. Wrong on both counts. Nobody promised a championship to you. We've only seen one pro championship in this town in over 30 years. That's a ridiculously hot takey thing to say. All people said was this 3 year process was the best possible avenue towards getting a team that could compete at that level. You can make the argument that the Sixers are in better shape than the other teams in the city right now. Enjoy the ride.
    so you didn't answer the question(s). is he healthy or not? if he is healthy why agree with minutes restrictions? absolutely was wrong on Saric but almost everyone was. And again no one expected Embiid to be this good this early. NO ONE. I never said champsionship. i said championship caliber. they have to get to the top of the eastern conference or very close to it. so you are saying tanking for 4 years was ok even if they only get to mediocrity like they were before the Hinkie process? umm ok sure
    He is healthy. They are being as cautious as possible with him, which is smart. You said to not expect any production at all and to be lucky if we got something for him in a trade. Ridiculous. I know you were wrong on both counts. Agreed. Nobody promised you a championship or a championship caliber team, Takes. They tanked for 3 years because it was the best possible avenue to put them into that position. A decade of doing things the other way got them nowhere. This is the same stuff that has been explained to you for the past few years now. Patience is a virtue. This is the first year out of the tank, and you're already seeing results. Onward and upward.
  • The Fixer said:
    I think this Irving trade increases the slim chances that the sixers have of bringing lebron here next year.  I also think the celtics are really dumb for giving up so much for Irving -- so overrated and always hurt.
    Sorry I'm late on this but, WHAT?

Lebron to the Sixers?  He has a better chance at going to the Knicks...
    edited September 2017
    The Fixer said:

No chance in hell he would go to the Knicks. There's a slightly higher chance he goes to the Sixers over the Knicks since Sixers are in a much better situation for the future. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • The Fixer said:

No chance in hell he would go to the Knicks. There's a slightly higher chance he goes to the Sixers over the Knicks since Sixers are in a much better situation for the future. 
    Actually there's a better chance at monkeys flying out my rear.

He won't be going to either of them.  I'll bet money on that.
    The Fixer said:

Actually there's a better chance at monkeys flying out my rear.

He won't be going to either of them.  I'll bet money on that.

I agree he's not coming here. I'm just saying the odds would be better at him coming here than going to the Knicks.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    I love this article - https://theathletic.com/111569/2017/09/26/in-the-lab-suggesting-some-sixers-lineups-brett-brown-can-experiment-with/

I think I am irrationally excited about this team now.
    Tons of versatility with this roster....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380

like, the soccer docs who bring in a stretcher for a guy who was barely touched? roger, that.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16