Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    BS44325 said:
    Trump is just a giant fucking man child.  He is doing nothing a leader should do.  He just continues to divide this country.  There is truly nothing more to say at this point to people that still support him.  
    The people who support him don't necessarily disagree with you but they believe the country being divided predates Trump. He is the symptom not the cause. That point is still lost on so many of you.
    the country has always been divided, yes. but he is making it 100 times worse. just look at how people have been reacting since the election. he is validating their hatred and bigotry. when was the last time you saw a fucking nazi rally in the US? Seriously. he thrives on chaos, and he is creating it. he is taking a simmering pot and cranking up the heat to a boil. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    BS44325 said:
    Trump is just a giant fucking man child.  He is doing nothing a leader should do.  He just continues to divide this country.  There is truly nothing more to say at this point to people that still support him.  
    The people who support him don't necessarily disagree with you but they believe the country being divided predates Trump. He is the symptom not the cause. That point is still lost on so many of you.
    Brilliantly brilliant commentary. In fact, so bright I had to close my eyes and put on the eclipse glasses. When did that division begin professor? 1860?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    BS44325 said:
    Is he just saying what's already in your heart?

If someone with cancer gets pneumonia because of their weakened immune system - does the doctor say "Well the pneumonia was caused because the patient has cancer.  We should ignore it and only treat the cancer."  

We are fully aware the problem is institutional, cultural and historical racism of our country.  The president is a touchstone for all three and should be roundly condemned for exacerbating the problem.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    BS44325 said:
    the country has always been divided, yes. but he is making it 100 times worse. just look at how people have been reacting since the election. he is validating their hatred and bigotry. when was the last time you saw a fucking nazi rally in the US? Seriously. he thrives on chaos, and he is creating it. he is taking a simmering pot and cranking up the heat to a boil. 
    Yes. Look at how people have been reacting...quite poorly in fact...it is actually a mental condition at this point. But you are right that Trump thrives on it. Personally I find it completely unpleasant but it still doesn't alter the calculus of his "support"...if anything this "SOB" incident will only increase support when it comes to off season elections. Democrats have to defend many red state senate seats as the party of the kneeling athlete. Lebron couldn't help Hillary in Ohio...he won't help across red state america in 2018.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    BS44325 said:
    We're aware that his base blames the Kenyan black guy for any division. 
  • Options

CM189191 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Is he just saying what's already in your heart?

If someone with cancer gets pneumonia because of their weakened immune system - does the doctor say "Well the pneumonia was caused because the patient has cancer.  We should ignore it and only treat the cancer."  

We are fully aware the problem is institutional, cultural and historical racism of our country.  The president is a touchstone for all three and should be roundly condemned for exacerbating the problem.
    Bad analogy
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    No they don't but they do blame your belief that they do.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,610
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Well I've seen self proclaimed trump supporters say this repeatedly. I know that's anecdotal and not scientific, but just under this whole trump shit show is the mentality of 'stay in your place, black people'. 
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Well I've seen self proclaimed trump supporters say this repeatedly. I know that's anecdotal and not scientific, but just under this whole trump shit show is the mentality of 'stay in your place, black people'. 
    Well I would never suggest that mentality is non-existent but the recurring mistake is to suggest that mentality is the prominent one.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Latest tweet from President Trump folks........

So proud of NASCAR and its supporters and fans. They won't put up with disrespecting our Country or our Flag - they said it loud and clear! Many people booed the players who kneeled yesterday (which was a small percentage of total). These are fans who demand respect for our Flag! The issue of kneeling has nothing to do with race. It is about respect for our Country, Flag and National Anthem. NFL must respect this! .@CNN is #FakeNews. Just reported COS (John Kelly) was opposed to my stance on NFL players disrespecting FLAG, ANTHEM, COUNTRY. Total lie! General John Kelly totally agrees w/ my stance on NFL players and the fact that they should not be disrespecting our FLAG or GREAT COUNTRY! Tremendous backlash against the NFL and its players for disrespect of our Country. #StandForOurAnthem

yeah, nascar supporting trump is a massive surprise. 
    It's amazing how quickly and easily Trump and all of the idiots who agree with him on this crazy NFL thing have forgotten what the kneeling is all about. They all seem to think it's about the American flag and anthem, when it's actually about racial inequality and police brutality. I am not sure I've ever been so frustrated with the fucker since he took office, what with how he's ignoring the message being sent here, as well as the way he's handling the Puerto Rico horror. I can't fucking believe he brought up their terrible financial woes, which are a result of mistreatment by the American government, while in the same breath relating the total devastation and humanitarian crisis happening there. Seriously, Trump has NEVER ONCE done or said a single good or right thing since he took office. The severity of his failure as POTUS is still blowing my mind every single day. It's exhausting. I feel like there is something wrong with the system if a man like this can carry on the way he has and still stay in office, honestly. How can a modern country allow a very clearly mentally unfit person lead it?? Maybe after this nightmare is over the USA and other countries can take a good long look at their policies around this matter, and make it possible to remove someone who is crazy like this. Surely there is a way to do that without leaving doors open to abuses.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Well I would never suggest that mentality is non-existent but the recurring mistake is to suggest that mentality is the prominent one.
    from everything I've seen (again, yes, anecdotal), this mentality is QUITE prominent. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Yes. Look at how people have been reacting...quite poorly in fact...it is actually a mental condition at this point. But you are right that Trump thrives on it. Personally I find it completely unpleasant but it still doesn't alter the calculus of his "support"...if anything this "SOB" incident will only increase support when it comes to off season elections. Democrats have to defend many red state senate seats as the party of the kneeling athlete. Lebron couldn't help Hillary in Ohio...he won't help across red state america in 2018.
    his base is dwindling. I'm sure many of his supporters will be that much more rabid, but the pack is getting smaller. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    his base is dwindling. I'm sure many of his supporters will be that much more rabid, but the pack is getting smaller. 
    one thing he is doing "right" is convincing his base that this whole kneeling thing is unpatriotic, and somehow about the flag/military/anthem/etc. you convince any large group of americans that you are the patriot and your enemies are not, you win. and win BIGLY. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:

So proud of NASCAR and its supporters and fans. They won't put up with disrespecting our Country or our Flag - they said it loud and clear! Many people booed the players who kneeled yesterday (which was a small percentage of total). These are fans who demand respect for our Flag! The issue of kneeling has nothing to do with race. It is about respect for our Country, Flag and National Anthem. NFL must respect this! .@CNN is #FakeNews. Just reported COS (John Kelly) was opposed to my stance on NFL players disrespecting FLAG, ANTHEM, COUNTRY. Total lie! General John Kelly totally agrees w/ my stance on NFL players and the fact that they should not be disrespecting our FLAG or GREAT COUNTRY! Tremendous backlash against the NFL and its players for disrespect of our Country. #StandForOurAnthem

It's amazing how quickly and easily Trump and all of the idiots who agree with him on this crazy NFL thing have forgotten what the kneeling is all about. They all seem to think it's about the American flag and anthem, when it's actually about racial inequality and police brutality. I am not sure I've ever been so frustrated with the fucker since he took office, what with how he's ignoring the message being sent here, as well as the way he's handling the Puerto Rico horror. I can't fucking believe he brought up their terrible financial woes, which are a result of mistreatment by the American government, while in the same breath relating the total devastation and humanitarian crisis happening there. Seriously, Trump has NEVER ONCE done or said a single good or right thing since he took office. The severity of his failure as POTUS is still blowing my mind every single day. It's exhausting. I feel like there is something wrong with the system if a man like this can carry on the way he has and still stay in office, honestly. How can a modern country allow a very clearly mentally unfit person lead it?? Maybe after this nightmare is over the USA and other countries can take a good long look at their policies around this matter, and make it possible to remove someone who is crazy like this. Surely there is a way to do that without leaving doors open to abuses.
    People know what the kneeling is about...they just think it is misplaced. Trump is also doing just fine on Puerto Rico all things considered. The federal governments involvement has been spot on through all these disasters and while much of your critique on Trump is fair this one is an overreach that cheapens your general argument. I think Trump has said a lot of terrible things but I also think he has said many correct and necessary things. You might never understand how many see his UN speech as one of the most important speeches to date. It is the speech that Hillary Clinton would never have made. There is a global nightmare that predates Trump which took years and years of "mentally fit" politicians to create. People have decided that it is time for "crazy".
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,216
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    I don't know that we actually have a good idea of what his base numbers look like. If we are talking about the hardcore who are publicly open about their support, those numbers are where I would expect them to remain, but how many are there that still support him and the "republican" party who will still vote for and with him? I think that number is still bigger than many will admit. I believe he could still carry 40% of the vote in this country, which is absurd, but not implausible. I suspect he would lose the popular vote by a much wider margin, 6 - 10 million, but those are already states he lost anyway. Only about 5 states really matter and he hasn't lost much support there.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    Why in the fuck are you a Trump supporter BS? It's so weird. Are you just a contrarian?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    one thing he is doing "right" is convincing his base that this whole kneeling thing is unpatriotic, and somehow about the flag/military/anthem/etc. you convince any large group of americans that you are the patriot and your enemies are not, you win. and win BIGLY. 
    So which is it then? Is his base dwindling or is going to win BIGLY? 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    from everything I've seen (again, yes, anecdotal), this mentality is QUITE prominent. 
    No, no, the Trump base and all of his voters are quite sophisticated!  Very fine people.

There's just a small fringe, just some nuts that fell too far from the tree... nevermind that they dominate talk radio and television news by huge margins, and that the fringe candidates garner millions of votes.  And nevermind the Nazis in the street, they've always been there, you just didn't notice.
    Some of them are very fine folk, unlike those sons of bitches that kneel for the Anthem.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Well it is this belief that hardens his base. It is the "Deplorables" flap repeated over and over again. 
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

People know what the kneeling is about...they just think it is misplaced. Trump is also doing just fine on Puerto Rico all things considered. The federal governments involvement has been spot on through all these disasters and while much of your critique on Trump is fair this one is an overreach that cheapens your general argument. I think Trump has said a lot of terrible things but I also think he has said many correct and necessary things. You might never understand how many see his UN speech as one of the most important speeches to date. It is the speech that Hillary Clinton would never have made. There is a global nightmare that predates Trump which took years and years of "mentally fit" politicians to create. People have decided that it is time for "crazy".
    That is some sickening and insane stuff right there.

Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    both. his base is dwindling, but he will have a minor surge in, I wouldn't call it support, but people who agree with him. that won't last, though. this too shall pass, and when it does, so will that temporary support. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    Why in the fuck are you a Trump supporter BS? It's so weird. Are you just a contrarian?
    I've laid it out a million times. I don't like him but I think he is necessary.
  • Options
    BS44325 said:

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    Well it is this belief that hardens his base. It is the "Deplorables" flap repeated over and over again. 
    not it's not. his entire campaign was two things:

1-crooked hillary
    2-everything wrong with america is obama's fault

and his base believe both. you really think the majority of people who voted for him don't believe #2? you're kidding yourself. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

How so? 
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,044
    BS44325 said:
    But people need a leader and look to the leader and I will go as far as to say he is advocating the divisiveness!  He has handled everything very poorly to say the least. I don't know how anyone can support his words and actions thus far. 
  • Options

BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    both. his base is dwindling, but he will have a minor surge in, I wouldn't call it support, but people who agree with him. that won't last, though. this too shall pass, and when it does, so will that temporary support. 
    You might be right but this has been predicted every single time he has said something ridiculous and his support has never changed. The "SOB" remark is actually the least offensive thing he has said in the last few years and is in fact the sentiment that most people silently agree with. 
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    BS44325 said:
    BS44325 said:
    I don't know that we actually have a good idea of what his base numbers look like. If we are talking about the hardcore who are publicly open about their support, those numbers are where I would expect them to remain, but how many are there that still support him and the "republican" party who will still vote for and with him? I think that number is still bigger than many will admit. I believe he could still carry 40% of the vote in this country, which is absurd, but not implausible. I suspect he would lose the popular vote by a much wider margin, 6 - 10 million, but those are already states he lost anyway. Only about 5 states really matter and he hasn't lost much support there.
    if his recent firing of his campaign director because of poor crowds in rallies of late is any indication......
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    No, tRump is not necessary. The world would be a better place if the tRump family never existed.
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    BS44325 said:
    rgambs said:
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:

How so? 
    threatening the annihilation of an entire country, citizens included, is not "an important speech". it is reckless at best, dotarded at worst. 

of course NK was an issue before Trump took office. but there wasn't this potential for nuclear war until he did. that's no fucking coincidence. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    edited September 2017
    BS44325 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^^ All silly bullshit.
    Yes, if you're aiming for the decline and fall of the USA, I agree he is necessary. But look, your comment about his UN speech suggests you're saying more than what you're claiming is your point. Are you so egotistical that you think you know what's best for the world when literally every single other reasonable leader on the face of the planet doesn't, along with all other reasonable people, military leaders, geniuses, scientists, et al? I think it's almost fascinating that you feel like you know something that all of these much more qualified and informed people don't (not to mention about 68% of all US voters).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
This discussion has been closed.