Pete Townshend brings Classic Quadrophenia to Rosemont Theatre Sept 13 with Eddie Vedder

1234568»

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    edited September 2017
    bbison said:
    PJNB said:
    Any set-lists floating around or was there no PJ /Eddie songs played?
    Just Quad, with an encore of The Real Me with Pete/Eddie/Alfie/Billy singing.
    Thanks!
    edited September 2017
  • Those videos remind me of church growing up with four old guys singing on stage as a quartet.  It was cringeworthy at times.
    you must have gone to the wrong church growing up...oh well.
    the church i went to had a 40 piece children's choir and they sang all the really great songs
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited September 2017
    demetrios said:

LOVE this picture...edit....i think this is from 2015 show based on the background. still great though.
    Post edited by helplessdancer on
  • shaneapellomshaneapellom Gallatin, TN Posts: 57
    demetrios said:
    RS65573 said:
    PJNB said:
    Ya it was 90 minutes long with 17 songs. 11 of which Eddie was in. 
    1. She Asked Me - Simon Townshend and Eddie Vedder
    2. I'm the Answer - Simon Townshend and Eddie Vedder
    3. Blue, Red and Grey - Eddie Vedder
    4. Far Behind - Eddie Vedder
    5. Corrine, Corrina - Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend
    6. You Stand By Me - Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend
    7. Drowned - Pete Townshend
    8. I'm the One - Pete Townshend
    9. The Kids Are Alright - Pete Townshend and Joe Walsh
    10. Eminence Front - Pete Townshend and Joe Walsh
    11.Summertime Blues - Pete Townshend, Joe Walsh and Joan Jett
    12. I Can't Explain - Pete Townshend
    13. Behind Blue Eyes - Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend
    14. Betterman - Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend
    15. Save It For Later - Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend
    16. Won't Get Fooled Again - Eddie Vedder, Pete Townshend, Joe Walsh and Rick Nielsen
    17. My Generation - Eddie Vedder, Pete Townshend, Joe Walsh and Rick Nielsen
    Any links to this on mp3?
    If anyone can has an MP3 id love to hear this. Thank you.

Celebrating The Who with Pete Townshend, Eddie Vedder & Friends - 2015-05-14 - Rosemont [320 MP3]  https://we.tl/DsDC7oJuiH

Been away for a bit.  Any chance you could throw this back up?
    Charlotte 10/30/2013
    Jacksonville 4/13/2016
    Wrigley II 8/22/2016
    Nashville 9/16/2022
    Noblesville 9/10/2023 (Supposedly)
  • shaneapellomshaneapellom Gallatin, TN Posts: 57
    For all the criticism, I loved the show.  Being a gigantic Who and Pearl Jam fan, I thought it was great.  I enjoyed meeting a couple of people from both the forum and FB groups.  Glad my posting on FB about transferring seats helped some people. AND AND AND some of us waited after the show and Eddie came out to greet each person individually, shake hands and even give some hugs out. Wasn't lucky enough to get a pick but man what an experience.  Alfie also came over to my little group (broken off from the main group of people waiting) to chat, take pictures and sign a couple things.  Definitely an experience I will never forget! 

I will work on posting my videos on youtube and will share soon.  Will try to do it before I head to Pilgrimage.
    Charlotte 10/30/2013
    Jacksonville 4/13/2016
    Wrigley II 8/22/2016
    Nashville 9/16/2022
    Noblesville 9/10/2023 (Supposedly)
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    For all the criticism, I loved the show.  Being a gigantic Who and Pearl Jam fan, I thought it was great.  I enjoyed meeting a couple of people from both the forum and FB groups.  Glad my posting on FB about transferring seats helped some people. AND AND AND some of us waited after the show and Eddie came out to greet each person individually, shake hands and even give some hugs out. Wasn't lucky enough to get a pick but man what an experience.  Alfie also came over to my little group (broken off from the main group of people waiting) to chat, take pictures and sign a couple things.  Definitely an experience I will never forget! 

I will work on posting my videos on youtube and will share soon.  Will try to do it before I head to Pilgrimage.
    What time did EV come out to meet the group?
  • i'm super grateful and feel extremely blessed, even surprised, that i have yet another amazing experience that involves this album.
    as if those past who tours for this record weren't enough already...
    if this album meant anything to you, then after seeing this chicago show, it now means much more. it's impossible to not have it affect you... with that production! the choir!! alfie an over the top incredible singer who absolutely nailed his part. loved his energy and his dance moves...and billy idol also gets much props for being the perfect fit and bringing the attitiude+
    the who came along long before seattle did for me. and to have those two worlds come together for this, like that. amazing+
    and to especially watch ed groove and sing on stage and see him feel those lyrics, like we all do. incredible++
    bravo pete & rachel. bravo!
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    edited September 2017
    When I originally heard they were doing an orchestrated version of Quadrophenia a few years ago, I was skeptical... to put it lightly. I had grown tired of rehashed material, and I thought that Pete and Co were fiddling with a perfect record.

I couldn't be more happy to be proven wrong. It was beautiful, and I'm definitely glad to have seen it live. Rachel did a hell of a job! Alfie Boe's voice held tight with the orchestration, and was elevated by the choir. Pete, EV, and Billy Idol really complimented everything in spectacular fashion. 

I would highly recommend the Classic Quadrophenia recording to any WHO, Quadrophenia, or music fan. It's worth your time.
    Post edited by 3days on
    Has anyone found an audience recording from the show?
  • let me say this about that   :)
    they we using wands(metal detectors) at the doors, upon entry. on everyone who entered. one entrance only.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Well I think people are figuring out the gig is just an album worth of stuff, but priced (for charity or not) about three times what it normally is.  I have been lucky enough to go to this and Ed singing the Who last time around...prices for that one we're 3 or 4 times this last one.  Ed sang a ton, and Pete was much more involved.  This one was a lot of Alfie, and he really wasn't that great, a little shrill if you ask me.  Legend or not, anyone paying over 150-75 range probably left a little disappointed unless a Quadrophenia Uber fan.
  • i don't think you can be the judge and jury as to how much people paid for this show and whether they left disappointed or not. if i was rich i would have bought a $750 ticket to see these two rock icons(heroes) grace the same stage for this massive event. i also disagree about your comment on alfie but i also realize that what you said was personal opinion. so that's my response  :)
    people who just went for ed, for this show, make me laugh out loud. they pretty much missed the whole point.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    i don't think you can be the judge and jury as to how much people paid for this show and whether they left disappointed or not. if i was rich i would have bought a $750 ticket to see these two rock icons(heroes) grace the same stage for this massive event. i also disagree about your comment on alfie but i also realize that what you said was personal opinion. so that's my response  :)
    people who just went for ed, for this show, make me laugh out loud. they pretty much missed the whole point.
    Yeah this was not an Ed, Pete, or Billy gig, rather a collective.  Alfie could sing, but I think it was shrill at times.  I had he worst migrane after the show, he was far and away the loudest thing of the night.  Orchestra was amazing!  They ( Ed, Billy, Pete, Kids choir) graced the stage in snippets, for a few songs each, a couple ensemble things, it was all Alfie that night, his show for sure, the others were accents to his performance of Jimmy.  Though it never advertised anything but Quad, I think many probably thought we would get a little more than that album.  The price overall for this event was much cheaper than the Ed Who show.
    edited September 2017

billyidol #Tbt Great camaraderie back stage in rehearsals for #classicquadrophenia Chicago charity gig a few days ago. Laughing with @eddievedderofficial @alfieboeofficial -BFI

billyidol With Eddie Vedder in Chicago for the #classicquadrophenia performance with Pete Townshend & Alfie Boe. Photo: Mitzi Spallas

Post edited by demetrios on