chad's opinion thread

Comments

• chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    pretty alarming stuff. they'll both be changing their tunes when a log comes up & smashes their toes or crashes into their legs.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    chad,
    what's your favorite lure or fly for trout?
    Mike
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    chadwick said:

hedonist said:

This is one of my favorite threads.

It's also given me a hankering for a good old-fashioned wood-choppin' showdown.

https://youtu.be/gqmR0dK-GuE

wtf

https://youtu.be/5ZKOE6QCXBg

wtf again
    50 is the new 44
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

chadwick said:

hedonist said:

This is one of my favorite threads.

It's also given me a hankering for a good old-fashioned wood-choppin' showdown.

https://youtu.be/gqmR0dK-GuE

wtf

https://youtu.be/5ZKOE6QCXBg

wtf again
    50 is the new 44
    50 (well, 51 in my case) IS 50.

I yam what I yam.

Pretty thankful I made it through the old 44 to now.

And beyond!

(fingers crossed)
    edited November 2016
    mcgruff10,
    you know, i don't really have a favorite lure or fly for trout fishing. i'll tell you what i've had great success using on trout. in no particular order it goes like this: velveeta cheese rolled into a small ball put on the smallest treble hook, a frozen bag of sweet corn niblets - putting one niblet on a tiny treble hook, marshmallows - again, pinching off a tiny bit & placed around hook. w/ the cheese & marshmallows you'd dip them in the water for a moment allowing the bait to setup-like causing the stuff to stick to the hook when casting. almost forgot grubs. grubs kick some trout ass. the problem with treble hooks & trout is that trout swallow/inhale their food... anyhow. i once heard on animal planet or whatever channel it was, that great white sharks & trout hunt their food the same way. when the trout are ON it is a great time no doubt about it. just above freezing & in the rain... good stuff. ice fishing trout in a lake is a good time too. i've not been fishing since my fishing buddy died. one day it'll happen when i find a nice little fishin spot, no rush
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick said:

mcgruff10,
    you know, i don't really have a favorite lure or fly for trout fishing. i'll tell you what i've had great success using on trout. in no particular order it goes like this: velveeta cheese rolled into a small ball put on the smallest treble hook, a frozen bag of sweet corn niblets - putting one niblet on a tiny treble hook, marshmallows - again, pinching off a tiny bit & placed around hook. w/ the cheese & marshmallows you'd dip them in the water for a moment allowing the bait to setup-like causing the stuff to stick to the hook when casting. almost forgot grubs. grubs kick some trout ass. the problem with treble hooks & trout is that trout swallow/inhale their food... anyhow. i once heard on animal planet or whatever channel it was, that great white sharks & trout hunt their food the same way. when the trout are ON it is a great time no doubt about it. just above freezing & in the rain... good stuff. ice fishing trout in a lake is a good time too. i've not been fishing since my fishing buddy died. one day it'll happen when i find a nice little fishin spot, no rush

velveeta cheese?! that's hilarious lol. I've heard of marshmallows since they mimic a salmon egg but never velveeta cheese...i'm gonna have to give it a try. my go to is a silver blue fox .
    fishing buddies are hard to come by....i'm sorry for your loss.
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    What's your take on this, Mr. Up Me Arse?

I hate my boss, yet he thinks I worship the ground on which he walks...
    He's a socially inept man. Doesn't say thank you in public, doesn't make eye contact with anyone in public, mumbles to himself daily, thinks everyone around him are dumb motherfuckers, stares at me when I'm trying to work, sometimes with a very passionate look on his face, has never been married, is messy, dirty, filthy, pig-headed, misogynistic, homophobic, extreme right-wing, grumpy all day, an alcoholic, eats 4 chocolate bars a day, chews loudly with his mouth open, a slob and an all around ignoramus. Yet, he thinks I enjoy working with him... And he won't let me go. We've been working together in Ontario for the last 43 days straight. I took the job because I needed the work... didn't know it was going to be this bad. He stares at me adoringly, like I eluded to above. He pisses with the bathroom door wide open, and sometimes out of the middle of nowhere, he sticks his tongue out at me.... I'm a 33 year old married dude, he's a 53 year old dude... what's going on here?

Thanks for being ALWAYYYYYS up someone's ass.

Cheers
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    evsgjamm said:

He's a socially inept man. Doesn't say thank you in public, doesn't make eye contact with anyone in public, mumbles to himself daily, thinks everyone around him are dumb motherfuckers, stares at me when I'm trying to work, sometimes with a very passionate look on his face, has never been married, is messy, dirty, filthy, pig-headed, misogynistic, homophobic, extreme right-wing, grumpy all day, an alcoholic, eats 4 chocolate bars a day, chews loudly with his mouth open, a slob and an all around ignoramus. Yet, he thinks I enjoy working with him... And he won't let me go. We've been working together in Ontario for the last 43 days straight. I took the job because I needed the work... didn't know it was going to be this bad. He stares at me adoringly, like I eluded to above. He pisses with the bathroom door wide open, and sometimes out of the middle of nowhere, he sticks his tongue out at me.... I'm a 33 year old married dude, he's a 53 year old dude... what's going on here?

Cheers

I would take a dump on his desk and walk out..simple
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    evsgjamm,

that is some situation you got going on there. sounds like he has a mental issue of some kind, among other things. what kind of work do you do? i guess if it were me i'd start looking for another job. hell with it, tell him you need more money, like 6 figures more money & less hours. tell him that many chocolate bars a day is fucked up. next time you're eating go out of your way to chew as loud as you can. loud eaters are known to make folks ill. "can you turn off the radio when you're chewing? you're making me nauseous" cracks me up every time. weird that he takes a wiz with the bathroom door wide open... damn. also it is quite odd that a grown ass man sticks his tongue out at someone who works for him. this guy has a few screws loose. ever wonder what his house may be like? it may scare the hell out of you. keep us updated if you like.

be well, mr.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Wma31394 said:

evsgjamm said:

Cheers

I would take a dump on his desk and walk out..simple
    that cracked me up

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    for all that is holy (jeans worn on the 3rd consecutive day, snot rockets, unexpected boners, frozen chocolate chip cookie dough, egg fights, etc) how can it be that this awesome thread is dormant for so long.

Chadwick, I stopped watching & reading the news just after President McDumpsterFire took office.  I was sick of the object negativity by all sides in the media and intended it to be a 30 day break.  Still going strong!  (I hear plenty about what is going on, I just do not care to know specific information about things I cannot control right now.)

What is your opinion of the act I took, as described above, and what do you consider to by holy that you could add to my italicized list above?

The love he receives is the love that is saved

lemme toss my thoughts around a bit... (pause)

audioslave - like a stone

turning off the news or completely turning off the tv is always a good idea. i been watching too much i imagine, therefore, i'm a dick... anyhow... we're all fucked. but i am fully capable of surviving even though a brokendown bastard. good for you for taking a step back from the bullshit & horseshit show    

for all that is holy (cherry pit spitting, empty hidden bottles, bruised souls, forgotten about & hungry goldfish swimming about in a foul bowl)  i am here sometimes & sometimes i am not.

p.s.

cornell kicks a lot of ass

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    opinion on guests who invite themselves?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14

... slaves & bulldozers

well, mr. mickeyrat, i suppose it depends on who the uninvited guests are & what the situation is. what about a barbeque, keg (or multiple kegs) party? events like this bring on the uninvited masses, which in most cases is fine & dandy until the fighting starts up. good conversation & laughs are best. cheese on the burger or no cheese on the burger? barbeque sauce on the burger or zero barbeque sauce on the burger? baked beans or no baked beans? communists. lawn darts stuck up someone's ass or no lawn darts wedged up someone's ass?      

heard a story about proper etiquette with formal invitation. whoever it is, what'shernuts & her family, could not attend a kid's birthday party as they had not received an official invite. i believe she got invited over the phone or text message, heck, maybe it was even facebook... so i imagine it went something like this - "we will not be attending this here gathering, i can promise you that. we did not receive a ceremonious summons by mail". i'm sure her child was unhappy with mom's bullshit views on being invited to eat cake & ice cream with a whole herd of loud ass brats. fact of the matter is those kids should be working somewhere uninvited or doing a bunch of pushups & situps.     

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    :rofl:
    Dude I love you. 
    Those kids should be sewing soccer balls.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    F Me, we're on the same page in the book of chadwick.

As a kid spending summers with my NY family, we used to spit the pits of cherries from my aunt's balcony in Queens onto unsuspecting young users of the playground below.

I'd ask chadwick's opinion on that, but pretty sure I know the response :)
    You should have been down on the street selling oranges or chopping wood?
    Get to work!
    :lol:
    Chad:
    best beer to drink this Memorial Day weekend?
    old milwaukee is a pretty decent brew & out of a keg it is even better. ever partake in yuengling? yuengling is the oldest brewery (188 yrs or some shit) in the states, dates back to 1829 & is within a stones throw (ok a bit further than that) of where my fatass is sitting. ever drink grolsch? grolsch was born in the netherlands in 1615. 402 yrs old... what the frig?! grolsch will put hair on your ass      

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    hedonist, you're a saint, what with spitting cherry pits from your aunt's balcony onto those below playing at the playground. this is what life's about folks. f me in the brain does have a point... you shoulda been splitting firewood, stacking firewood & slinging oranges     

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    I thought Yeungling was in PA and you are in Iowa?
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    haven't lived in iowa for a few yrs now

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Well damn, welcome to yins country!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    thank you. i like the area.   

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Grolsch is good.  Used to use the stopper at the top as a way to finish the joints.
    I saw these little punk ass 12-13 year olds playing and making a bunch of noise the other day.  What they had to say to each other made no damn sense at all.
    I recognized myself as I was at that age in how a few of them acted, but it didn't stop me from chuckling and saying out loud "Those little boogers should be learning the secrets of un-chopping wood, or sewing soccer balls!"

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Chad, motorboat or sailboat?
    I SAW PEARL JAM

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

f me in the brain,

no unchopping wood. no sewing soccer balls. they were busy discussing speed cup stacking. i found their video for you.

https://youtu.be/tLzigr8Htmo

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Speed cup stacking is a phenomenon!!!

Thought you knew, lol.