Options

Eddie Vedder 2017 merchandise

Comments

• Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    pdalowsky said:
    My good friend picked up the signed Mumford at the show, but felt very lucky to do so. Having queued from Midnight with 7 other like minded souls, their fellow fans who arrived up to ten hours later decided to not give a fuck about people having waited and putting the hours in, and only 3 of the 8 people actually got what they had queued for and never moved. Thats how to look after your fellow fans people. 

One of these was a father with a young son, who left empty handed. Bravo. 

Its understandable that the merch sellers have no idea of the insanity amoungst this fanbase and will always be surprised as no other artist has this crazy demand on the tour merch stands, although the 8 people constantly asked security to allow the first 8 through to get their posters and for a little help in organising - but it came to nothing. It was a stampede, and then the merch chaos took over. 

Bit of a shame really and disappointing to see fellow fans with the 'fuck you, greedy all about me asshole' mentality
    That's so sad and discouraging to hear.  What's even more sad, is that it doesn't surprise me.

• Options
    pdalowsky said:
    My good friend picked up the signed Mumford at the show, but felt very lucky to do so. Having queued from Midnight with 7 other like minded souls, their fellow fans who arrived up to ten hours later decided to not give a fuck about people having waited and putting the hours in, and only 3 of the 8 people actually got what they had queued for and never moved. Thats how to look after your fellow fans people. 

One of these was a father with a young son, who left empty handed. Bravo. 

Its understandable that the merch sellers have no idea of the insanity amoungst this fanbase and will always be surprised as no other artist has this crazy demand on the tour merch stands, although the 8 people constantly asked security to allow the first 8 through to get their posters and for a little help in organising - but it came to nothing. It was a stampede, and then the merch chaos took over. 

Bit of a shame really and disappointing to see fellow fans with the 'fuck you, greedy all about me asshole' mentality
    That's so sad and discouraging to hear.  What's even more sad, is that it doesn't surprise me.

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,752
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,421
    They should just randomly insert the signed ones into the stacks.  Making uber limited merch is only making a bad situation worse.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    They should just randomly insert the signed ones into the stacks.  Making uber limited merch is only making a bad situation worse.  
    The signed prints are sold @ $250 for charity..
  • Options
    SJD3232 said:
    on2legs said:
    Well that makes my comment a terrible idea.  =) The handing out of coupons to the first ones in line to prevent them from getting crowded ou as someone mentioned would seem to be the way to go then. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    huntersthompsonhuntersthompson Posts: 846
    edited September 2017
    on2legs said:
    SJD3232 said:
    on2legs said:
    Well that makes my comment a terrible idea.  =) The handing out of coupons to the first ones in line to prevent them from getting crowded ou as someone mentioned would seem to be the way to go then. 
    This stuff is so out of control that even reasonable ideas will be bashed to pieces....so the coupon idea sounds great.  Now it is a race to see who can line up first to get a coupon that can be redeemed the next day for the right to purchase a $250 signed poster (good for the charity btw).  So...do people start lining up at midnight?  Do they get there at 11:45 because they know that the coupons will be handed out at midnight?  Or do they line up 12 hours ahead of time for the coupon?  There will always be someone or some group who destroys the integrity of a good idea by working the system to their advantage.  

The only secure way that I can see getting people signed posters for charity that won't descend into an epic cluster fu@K, is inserting them randomly.  If 8 posters got sold at $250, you are looking at $2000 for the charity.  If there were 400 posters made, you would only have to charge $5 more per poster to achieve the same amount for the charity.  A $5 bet on a 2% chance to get a signed poster....I think I would not blink an eye....and shit-howdy, I would feel damn lucky and super pleased if they handed  a signed one to me.... 
    Post edited by huntersthompson on
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    edited September 2017
    Thats pretty sad, Paul. 

I get it.  We’re older now. We have more disposable income than we did at 20. We still have hobbys, etc.  I like to think we can be adults about this though.  If not then we’re no better than the parents on Black Friday freaking out.  Just respect the people ahead of you and respect others by not flipping.  Those 8 guys should have gotten their poster.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,228
    Oi, sounds like people are getting refunded by Mumford.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,748

Firstly I would just like to say thank you for your interest in the Eddie Vedder piece, its always amazing to see so many people appreciating the artwork created. As I am sure you are aware the response and demand was incredible, with far more visitors to dan-mumford.com and the store than we have ever received. However, this did mean that the store was put under considerable strain, even more so than the last time we put an Eddie Vedder print on sale, and due to this unfortunately, we did have some transactions get processed after the item was already sold out, and I am afraid to say your transaction was one of these.

We are already talking to big cartel about how this happened, but with over 3000 people trying to purchase just 100 prints it would appear that the system allowed payments to be processed whilst it was still trying to figure out what was in stock. This is unacceptable and we are looking into ways to avoid this ever happening again, the last thing we want is for people to be disappointed.

Your payment has now been refunded to you and to apologise for this error we have added your email address to a list of people that will get first access to any new Eddie Vedder prints if they are created in the future, without having to worry about any checkout systems.

Once again, we apologise for this error and inconvenience, this is not how we want things to run on our end, and as a very small team we are doing everything we can to make sure it never happens again.

Kind Regards

Victoria | The Mail Order Team

Dan Mumford & the Mail Order Team

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,151
    I feel bad for the folks who waited overnight. Multiple fest entrances, multiple merch lines, security checks, people running... It was easy to see how things went poorly. I was at the tent early, and heard them call out when the posters were gone. Merch/Security should've let the first 8 in before everyone else, or sold them vouchers at the gates.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,835
    A silver lining story from the poster craziness, Louisville in particular....

I tried to out-crazy the crazies and queued up at 7a. Gates opened at 10:30. The sun had barely risen and there were about 15ish folks already in line that out-crazied me, ha, including a fun global-travelling-PJ-crew cobbled together from Toronto/Jersey/Charlotte....whattup!?! if any of you see this...enjoyed the standing time w/ you. One of the eight who had "dibs" on the signed posters was cool local guy, a ceramics teacher from Louisville. If my count is right, six of the "eight", those who arrived first, wound up w/ signed posters. One regular on here, who will remain nameless and who nonetheless I enjoyed meeting, hopped line to blend w/ us going thru the GA gate and then hopped the 'eight' to get a signed poster. Well, the teacher scored a signed poster but his buddy, who was ahead of him in the line of eight, did not. The teacher felt bad for his bud and sold him his signed poster at cost. Solid, selfless move on his part. The two instances, the selfless act and the line hopper, were the polar opposites of how to do things right and the contrary. Good on ya, teacher :clap:
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,228
    jjflash said:
    A silver lining story from the poster craziness, Louisville in particular....

I tried to out-crazy the crazies and queued up at 7a. Gates opened at 10:30. The sun had barely risen and there were about 15ish folks already in line that out-crazied me, ha, including a fun global-travelling-PJ-crew cobbled together from Toronto/Jersey/Charlotte....whattup!?! if any of you see this...enjoyed the standing time w/ you. One of the eight who had "dibs" on the signed posters was cool local guy, a ceramics teacher from Louisville. If my count is right, six of the "eight", those who arrived first, wound up w/ signed posters. One regular on here, who will remain nameless and who nonetheless I enjoyed meeting, hopped line to blend w/ us going thru the GA gate and then hopped the 'eight' to get a signed poster. Well, the teacher scored a signed poster but his buddy, who was ahead of him in the line of eight, did not. The teacher felt bad for his bud and sold him his signed poster at cost. Solid, selfless move on his part. The two instances, the selfless act and the line hopper, were the polar opposites of how to do things right and the contrary. Good on ya, teacher :clap:
    Dude, call out the hopper. Thats BS and their behaviour should be known. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,431
    Re: the Mumford refunds- just print more SE as consolation. Seems fair. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:

Firstly I would just like to say thank you for your interest in the Eddie Vedder piece, its always amazing to see so many people appreciating the artwork created. As I am sure you are aware the response and demand was incredible, with far more visitors to dan-mumford.com and the store than we have ever received. However, this did mean that the store was put under considerable strain, even more so than the last time we put an Eddie Vedder print on sale, and due to this unfortunately, we did have some transactions get processed after the item was already sold out, and I am afraid to say your transaction was one of these.

We are already talking to big cartel about how this happened, but with over 3000 people trying to purchase just 100 prints it would appear that the system allowed payments to be processed whilst it was still trying to figure out what was in stock. This is unacceptable and we are looking into ways to avoid this ever happening again, the last thing we want is for people to be disappointed.

Your payment has now been refunded to you and to apologise for this error we have added your email address to a list of people that will get first access to any new Eddie Vedder prints if they are created in the future, without having to worry about any checkout systems.

Once again, we apologise for this error and inconvenience, this is not how we want things to run on our end, and as a very small team we are doing everything we can to make sure it never happens again.

Kind Regards

That is a buzzkill.  They wrote a nice email but it still sucks there was a glitch.  

• Options
    on2legs said:
    PJNB said:

Kind Regards

That is a buzzkill.  They wrote a nice email but it still sucks there was a glitch.  
    Now we know why that dude went apey on Mumford, lol.
  • Options

Bourbon & Beyond // New Notebooks // New Stickers

This was the first year of Bourbon & Beyond, and they had a huge line up of great musicians! I was excited to work on this one. This is a 5 Color, 24x18" Silkscreen. I printed these myself, and added some metallic flake into the inks. 

I've been also busy making some new notebooks! It's always great to step away from drawing and focus on other tasks. These notebooks are all hand printed, made from recycled gigposters. Each one is pretty unique. There are 3 packs of pocket notebooks, and singles of larger notebooks.

Lastly! I made a few new stickers. There will also be a sticker mega pack including old designs no longer available, and new ones. Or if you just want one or two new stickers, you can add that to your order! 

All of this will be landing in my shop
    Tuesday, September 26, at a random time.  
    Visit: zeblove.com

Thank you for your continued support of my work!

• Options
    Did someone say stickers!?!?

• Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 399

I was # 3 in line in Louisville,I had not 1 but both my sons with me in line #4,#5. We got there around445am ish. I was hoping that one of us could get an EV signed poster. But then real life happened. Later in the day as my sons complained about how we were "wronged" in some way, I explained that this was a great example of how even the best,prepared , planning , execution doesn't always work. The #1 guy was trying to establish the first 8 but I didn't think it was possible. When the gates opened it was literally like the start of a horse race, our ticket scanner person was so overwhelmed that he yelled stop!!! As I watched figures running behind his head I knew it was over. As I made my way to the merch stand I saw a shoe that looked familiar, it was my youngest sons!! Lol!! All the positions at the stand were full. Now I'm 48 and I can tell you that the 4 gentleman working the boot had a minimum of 10 years on me! The #1 guy had to help our guy check himself out on a touch screen register!! Wow gate issues then this!! All that being said, the guy next to my younger son at the merch booth was 20 or so back at the gate and was able to get one signed, but then he was offered anything else?? To which he responded "20 regular posters" he got it too. WTF!! To the local teacher I say "congrats " well played with your buddy too , as well as to #1,#2 in line who scored. LIFE!! Love everyday of it!!!!!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Pretty cool sticker right there folks!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Pretty cool sticker right there folks!
    D'oh! Forgot to add the Zeb Love stickers & notebooks in the post.
    Here they are. :)

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    BRONDO said:

I was # 3 in line in Louisville,I had not 1 but both my sons with me in line #4,#5. We got there around445am ish. I was hoping that one of us could get an EV signed poster. But then real life happened. Later in the day as my sons complained about how we were "wronged" in some way, I explained that this was a great example of how even the best,prepared , planning , execution doesn't always work. The #1 guy was trying to establish the first 8 but I didn't think it was possible. When the gates opened it was literally like the start of a horse race, our ticket scanner person was so overwhelmed that he yelled stop!!! As I watched figures running behind his head I knew it was over. As I made my way to the merch stand I saw a shoe that looked familiar, it was my youngest sons!! Lol!! All the positions at the stand were full. Now I'm 48 and I can tell you that the 4 gentleman working the boot had a minimum of 10 years on me! The #1 guy had to help our guy check himself out on a touch screen register!! Wow gate issues then this!! All that being said, the guy next to my younger son at the merch booth was 20 or so back at the gate and was able to get one signed, but then he was offered anything else?? To which he responded "20 regular posters" he got it too. WTF!! To the local teacher I say "congrats " well played with your buddy too , as well as to #1,#2 in line who scored. LIFE!! Love everyday of it!!!!!!
    sorry to hear this happened to you dude, and especially to your young sons. That has to be so disappointing for them. 

I know #1 in the line tried his hardest to straighten the merch people out but it was an impossible task.....

Hope your boys enjoyed the show regardless, merch is in danger of overshadowing the concern experience these days and thats sad in itself. 
  • Options
    Looking for any of the EV tour items from NA or Europe. Any and all of the small stuff. i.e. pins, stickers, challenge coins, playing cards, hippos, and any other small stuff I am forgetting. I have plenty to trade including rare stuff and will purchase as well.

Any help would be much appreciated. I was supposed to make Kentucky and got hospitalized.... again.... ugh chronic illness... so any help would be so awesome. Thanks much and please PM me if you can help me and my wife, who also missed out because of me, out or am interested in a link to my trades.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    edited September 2017
    are we ready for 10c sale of eddie posters??
    give to the people what they want!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,820
    BRONDO said:

stories like this make my blood boil. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BRONDO said:

How old are your boys?
  • Options
    Sold out.
  • Options
    Update on the Ohana prints by Timothy Pittides.

"Ohana Aps arrived at Bottleneck Gallery yesterday. Art prints arrive today. I would expect them to ship this week."