Kaepernick

Comments

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited September 2017
    tbergs said:
    Estimates on those kneeling today? A handful, a dozen, a hundred? I personally hope there is an entire team willing to do it.
    7 players from Baltimore kneeled during the anthem in London already. A team that had zero previously.

10 or so from Jacksonville. 
    Post edited by WhatYouTaughtMe on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    And....the first baseball player kneels during the anthem yesterday.  (He had his cap over his heart and is the son on an Army vet)

So #sad that our country would choose such a contrarian assfuckinghole to be our leader.
    This is who we are, America.  Bravo.  Look in the mirror when you question why these people are protesting our lovely flag and national song.  It is because the majority of people are idiots.  
    Bravo.

Are we really that different than North Korea or anywhere else?  Moral superiority is a joke.
    yeah outside Oakland i doubt no one knows who this guy is, now they do!
    http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20796662/oakland-athletics-catcher-bruce-maxwell-kneels-national-anthem
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Steelers as a team are reported to not even come on to the field for the national anthem.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Even his biggest supporter in the league has disowned the assclown in chief.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/patriots-kraft-longtime-trump-ally-chides-president-statement-133514170.html
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • tbergs said:
    Even his biggest supporter in the league has disowned the assclown in chief.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/patriots-kraft-longtime-trump-ally-chides-president-statement-133514170.html

The Jags owner gave him a political contribution of $250,000. He's irritated too.

Donald needs to take Dale Carnegie's course.
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    It's just going to get more widespread.......

Steelers to remain in locker room during the national anthem http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20801902
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Scene in Foxboro just now was touching. Many players on knees, some standing, almost all locked arm in arm. Then loud cheers from the crowd to silence any drunken boos.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyV said:
    Scene in Foxboro just now was touching. Many players on knees, some standing, almost all locked arm in arm. Then loud cheers from the crowd to silence any drunken boos.

Are you at the game?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV said:

Are you at the game?

No. Got it on the TV.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Other than baseball, I never was a huge sports fan but this is a day to remember.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    trump now calling on people to boycott NFL games. It's a narcissist double down. Nice to see the protests gathering momentum and support from head offices. Kaep stuck his neck out there and it's cool others in the league have his back.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited September 2017
    Honestly, I have felt very emotional to see so many taking a stance today and the statements by the Warriors and other owners. The picture of Maxwell kneeling with his fellow teammate placing a hand on his shoulder in support, players kneeling and interlocking arms with staff and owners. As I write this, coincidentally Who You Are just came on while I was spinning No Code. I know it changes nothing about the current state of injustice, but it does show more people than not care and recognize it exists. A big suck blue to the ignorant white hat wearing asshole who represents the minority in this country.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    ^^^ nicely said, t.  Thank you.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Title 18, Section 227 of US Code:

Whoever, being a covered government person, with the intent to influence, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation, an employment decision or employment practice of any private entity-- 

takes or withholds, or offers or threatens to take or withhold, an official act, or influences, or offers or threatens to influence, the official act of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than 15 years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

 In this section, the term “covered government person” means--

 a Senator or Representative in, or a Delegate or Resident Commissioner to, the Congress;

 an employee of either House of Congress;  or

 the President, Vice President, an employee of the United States Postal Service or the Postal Regulatory Commission, or any other executive branch employee (as such term is defined under section 2105 of title 5, United States Code). 

Whoever, being a covered government person, with the intent to influence, solely on the basis of partisan political affiliation, an employment decision or employment practice of any private entity-- 

takes or withholds, or offers or threatens to take or withhold, an official act, or influences, or offers or threatens to influence, the official act of another, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than 15 years, or both, and may be disqualified from holding any office of honor, trust, or profit under the United States.

 a Senator or Representative in, or a Delegate or Resident Commissioner to, the Congress;

 the President, Vice President, an employee of the United States Postal Service or the Postal Regulatory Commission, or any other executive branch employee (as such term is defined under section 2105 of title 5, United States Code). 

Lock him up!

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    what it utterly ironic, and trump supporters are too stupid to realize, and when they do, they don't seem to care, is that two of his past tweets were as follows:

1-burning the american flag is a protected right, very peaceful and respectful protest. very powerful. 
    2- obama needs to stop worrying about the redskins changing their name, there is more pressing issues to deal with

he's the biggest fucking embarrassment your nation has ever known. he will go down as the biggest laughingstock of a president in your nations history (if we all exist to reflect on history). seeing his support on twitter is absolutely baffling to me. you support this clown, you have zero excuse as a human being. FUCKING ZERO. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

what it utterly ironic, and trump supporters are too stupid to realize, and when they do, they don't seem to care, is that two of his past tweets were as follows:

1-burning the american flag is a protected right, very peaceful and respectful protest. very powerful. 
    2- obama needs to stop worrying about the redskins changing their name, there is more pressing issues to deal with

he's the biggest fucking embarrassment your nation has ever known. he will go down as the biggest laughingstock of a president in your nations history (if we all exist to reflect on history). seeing his support on twitter is absolutely baffling to me. you support this clown, you have zero excuse as a human being. FUCKING ZERO. 
    Without a doubt!

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Tbergs dropped a Suck Blue

Hahahaha.  Bravo.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    fair enough. but he did about obama and the redskins. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    OnWis97 said:
    I know and I'm not trying to defend him.  But his cult latches on to anything it can to call us liars.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

are tweets considered "official acts"?
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    can someone remind me why Colin Kaepernick started kneeling during national anthems?
  • JC29856 said:
    can someone remind me why Colin Kaepernick started kneeling during national anthems?
    Google it.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    JC29856 said:

It was a public address.  The Presidential Seal was on the podium.
    OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    I know and I'm not trying to defend him.  But his cult latches on to anything it can to call us liars.
    I saw it on the twitter account of very reputable political analyst I follow. I don't blindly believe everything I read on the internet. I'm surprised he was duped on that one. thank you for pointing it out. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JC29856 said:

really? that's the part you are focusing on? how about, um, I don't know, the REST?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JC29856 said:
    you're kidding right?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    JC29856 said:
    you're kidding right?

Yes.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf