New Rolling Stone Pearl Jam Special Collector's Edition

Comments

• Of all their covers on RS, they had to use the worst one. 

• foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 717
    how come no Matt Cameron on the cover? don't quite get the redux, but do i ever? thanks demi ca!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    how come no Matt Cameron on the cover? don't quite get the redux, but do i ever? thanks demi ca!
    When was the last time they were on the cover or did a photoshoot for Rolling Stone?  Maybe it's been a while?  Had to use a stock photo? :)
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Zod said:
    When was the last time they were on the cover or did a photoshoot for Rolling Stone?  Maybe it's been a while?  Had to use a stock photo? :)
    I think the last time was when Avocado came out. 
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    eBay seller sold 150 copies. 5 copies still available.
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:
    Wasn't that a foreign issue? 
    I also remember Eddie alone, on -- I believe -- the cover of "Rolling Stone" Australia (?)
    I don't remember them being on the cover of the American "Rolling Stone" as a full band except for that famous Vs.-era article.
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I remember Ed wiping his ass with the RS in 2006
  • branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Spurs14 said:
    Is that Stone or John Smoltz on the cover?

• freecandy44freecandy44 Pittsburghish Posts: 90
    edited September 2017
    Did we ever find out an official date when these bad boys hit the stores? A few of my go to places in Pittsburgh today we're dry.
    Post edited by freecandy44 on
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I'm hoping to find one in store.   Pay $10 plus $20 for shipping from ebay seems a little expensive :(
  • TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,447
    Sarah said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:
    I also remember Eddie alone, on -- I believe -- the cover of "Rolling Stone" Australia (?)
    I don't remember them being on the cover of the American "Rolling Stone" as a full band except for that famous Vs.-era article.
    I just found the issue. It was June of 2006 showing Eddie playing guitar and the caption says: The Reluctant Warrior: Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam return from exhile. 
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    Zod said:
    I'm hoping to find one in store.   Pay $10 plus $20 for shipping from ebay seems a little expensive :(

I got 2 copies...
    one for me & one for a great friend for $25 including shipping.
    Don't have to hunt one down now.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Looked in a few places this afternoon in GTA with no luck. Don't think it's out in Canada just yet.
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    rummy said:
    Looked in a few places this afternoon in GTA with no luck. Don't think it's out in Canada just yet.
    Has anyone actually seen them instore anywhere?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • cropdustdaircropdustdair Lakewood, CO / Earth Posts: 2,006
    As I said in an earlier post. These aren't going to start hitting newsstands until this next coming week.
    My friend received his copies from the eBay seller on Sunday. Totally fast shipping! Shocking that USPS delivery service happened on a Sunday. Wish Canada Post delivered on Sunday's, or yet on Saturday's here in Atlantic Canada.
    My copies are scheduled for delivery today...
    Super fast shipping!!
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    TJ25487 said:
    Sarah said:
    TJ25487 said:
    Zod said:
    I just found the issue. It was June of 2006 showing Eddie playing guitar and the caption says: The Reluctant Warrior: Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam return from exhile. 
    I still have this one, and read it regularly. incidentally, usually while on the can. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

These were waiting in my package locker for me this afternoon...one of the BEST packaging jobs I've seen & super fast shipping!!

• iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    Barnes and Noble in orlando has no date they can share on when this comes out. They still have a big stack of the Paul McCartney special edition. 
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I can't see pictures at work, but I LOVE these things. I have the Pink Floyd one, Nirvana, and a few others. I'd love it if they did more of these from our era of music; AIC, Soundgarden, etc. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

derbydave said:

These were waiting in my package locker for me this afternoon...one of the BEST packaging jobs I've seen & super fast shipping!!
    Awesome!! That eBay seller knows how to package & deliver. :)
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    Barnes and Noble in orlando has no date they can share on when this comes out. They still have a big stack of the Paul McCartney special edition. 
    Same as my local establishments.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    I can't see pictures at work, but I LOVE these things. I have the Pink Floyd one, Nirvana, and a few others. I'd love it if they did more of these from our era of music; AIC, Soundgarden, etc. 
    I had meant to pick up the Pink Floyd one - is it good?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • I can't see pictures at work, but I LOVE these things. I have the Pink Floyd one, Nirvana, and a few others. I'd love it if they did more of these from our era of music; AIC, Soundgarden, etc. 
    I got the Floyd and Nirvana ones too- except I don't know where they are after our recent move. I used to like having them as part of our 'coffee table books' selection.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • For some reason places near me that always have carried these have stopped recently.  Used to always grab them at Costco for cheaper, or Barnes and Noble would always have them as a backup.  Not sure if it's RS's financial issues now or what, doesn't make sense to me that those places stopped carrying them.
    Always liked collecting them, Tom Petty, Led Zep, Neil Young ones etc were great.  Glad PJ is finally getting one.  Just saw the Fleetwood Mac one at a local grocery store, never thought to check there, so hoping they get PJ in.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
    edited September 2017
    Someone over @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/tenclubmembers picked one up at the check stand today.

Post edited by demetrios on
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I went to Wally World today to pick up some tennis balls and they didn’t have it.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    demetrios said:
    My friend received his copies from the eBay seller on Sunday. Totally fast shipping! Shocking that USPS delivery service happened on a Sunday. Wish Canada Post delivered on Sunday's, or yet on Saturday's here in Atlantic Canada.
    They were just delivered yesterday to the magazine shop on my block in Halifax, not even on the shelf yet.  I asked for it and they had to go get it from their stock room.