Kaepernick

Comments

• Dude,Hoyer stinks.
    Anyone who knows anything about football would watch this game and say the same thing
    I don't hate on Hoyer for the color of his skin or for what he has to say.  I do not like him because he is a really bad QB my favorite team.
    He is awful.
    Anyone who knows anything about football would watch that game... see 23 of 37 for 332 yards... 3 touchdowns (1 rushing)... and be impressed. There were a few key drops in the game as well that stifled drives. He threw an ugly pick to start the game- oh well.

You knocked Gould as well. Yes... he missed the xp which are not automatic anymore after they moved it back, but he made every field goal and he delivered an outstanding (perfect really) onside kick.

Your once vaunted defence was the problem, sir.

It sounds to me like you bought into the initial hype and purchased an authentic Kap jersey that you wish was relevant still. You keep making comments about how people obviously don't know anything about football, but the more you speak the more you reveal you might be who you're talking about ('Kaep would have done better'... hahahahahahahahaha... okay).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611

The love he receives is the love that is saved

• This is your problem lol?

There are male enhancement options you know. I don't recommend the Tibetan method of lifting rocks though.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    Having a discussion with you is sort of like.....

There is no point.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    The stat I enjoyed the most about this game was that since the beginning of 2016 the two teams have combined for 7 wins.  And they play each other twice last so that counts for 2 of those 7.  So 5 wins between them against the rest of the NFL in 1.19 seasons.
  • Having a discussion with you is sort of like.....

There is no point.
    Well come on, man. We get that you hate Hoyer and you think he's terrible, but for the moment... he was up to the challenge. He delivered for your team.

If you can't acknowledge that... I'm afraid it is you that is the obtuse one (not me as you were not so overtly suggesting in this post).
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited September 2017
    Colin Kaepernick can do whatever he wants.  How does he think that this kneeling for the Star Spangled Banner movement does anything for his cause?  That song is played to honor the men & women who sacrificed a great deal for this country our freedoms & liberty.  There are quite a few countries that if you be a citizen of and show resentment for it, it's not going to work out well for you. There is nothing oppressive about honering this country, or honering what it took to get America to where it is now.  Is this country perfect?  Far from it.
     Kaepernick is biracial.  Born in a rough area of Milwaukee WI to a 19 year old white woman, unfortunately his African American Father left the family before he was born.  (That's very sad to me). His mom Heidi Russo placed Colin for adoption with Rick & Teresa Kaepernick, a white couple who raised him in Fond du Lac Wisconsin (nice area).  Got him into a youth football program at 8 years old.  Through hard work he went and played for the University of Nevada where he had great success.  Made it to the NFL where he was really good for a while.  Probably making good money.  I think that is a American success story.  Good for him.  At that I am elated for him.
    He I think was kneeling for the Oppression of People of Color.  I think everything possible should be done so that people aren't oppressed.  I don't get how kneeling for the National Anthem and wearing statements on your socks gets us there.  Can you imagine Michael Jordan doing this??  Or Jerry Rice??
    But I wish well for the guy I really do.
    Post edited by RYME on
  • RYME said:
    Colin Kaepernick can do whatever he wants.  How does he think that this kneeling for the Star Spangled Banner movement does anything for his cause?  That song is played to honor the men & women who sacrificed a great deal for this country.  There is nothing oppressive about honering this country, or honering what it took to get America to where it is now.  Is this country perfect?  Far from it.
     Kaepernick is biracial.  Born in a rough area of Milwaukee WI to a 19 year old white woman, unfortunately his African American Father left the family before he was born.  (That's very sad to me). His mom Heidi Russo placed Colin for adoption with Rick & Teresa Kaepernick, a white couple who raised him in Fond du Lac Wisconsin (nice area).  Got him into a youth football program at 8 years old.  Through hard work he went and played for the University of Nevada where he had great success.  Made it to the NFL where he was really good for a while.  Probably making good money.  I think that is a American success story.  Good for him.  At that I am elated for him.
    He I think was kneeling for the Oppression of People of Color.  I think everything possible should be done so that people aren't oppressed.  I don't get how kneeling for the National Anthem and wearing statements on your socks gets us there.  Can you imagine Michael Jordan doing this??  Or Jerry Rice??
    It got you to talk about why he's doing it.  I say it's working.
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    RYME said:
    Colin Kaepernick can do whatever he wants.  How does he think that this kneeling for the Star Spangled Banner movement does anything for his cause?  That song is played to honor the men & women who sacrificed a great deal for this country our freedoms & liberty.  There are quite a few countries that if you be a citizen of and show resentment for it, it's not going to work out well for you. There is nothing oppressive about honering this country, or honering what it took to get America to where it is now.  Is this country perfect?  Far from it.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,604
    RYME said:
    How important is the parent's race and where he grew up to you?  
    RYME said:
    The beautiful thing about America is that Colin Kaepernick has a right to free speech and a right to protest, unlike the quite a few countries you refer to.  This is how we get better as a nation.  We recognize that there are problems and we make statements about them in hopes to improve upon them.
    Sure, kneeling for the anthem isn't directly going to end racism on its own merit.  What it will do is get people talking about it.  He has a public platform and thus can bring a lot of attention to it and hopefully get results.
    And yes, I could imagine Michael Jordan or Jerry Rice doing this.  Kaepernick is not the first black athlete to protest racism.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    RYME said:
    "Honouring what it took to get America where it is now" means honouring freedom of speech. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    Hoyer and Kap both need clipboards in their hands and hats on their heads. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303

Trump: NFL owners should fire players who protest the national anthem

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/22/politics/donald-trump-alabama-nfl/index.html
    dignin said:

Trump: NFL owners should fire players who protest the national anthem

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/22/politics/donald-trump-alabama-nfl/index.html
    Yeah fuck that piece of shit.  His job is to uphold the Constitution, not call for citizens to be fired for expressing their 1A rights.  Trump also called white supremacists "fine people."  He can fucking burn in hell.  He's a piece of human garbage and has ZERO understanding of his own fucking job.

TRUMP SHOULD BE FIRED.  FUCK HIM!!!
    Trump speaks for the people.
    (Unfortunately, that shows what the majority of people seem to think these days.)

Don't we have real problems to worry about?
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,661
    (Unfortunately, that shows what the majority of people seem to think these days.)

Damn straight!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    brianlux said:

Damn straight!
    People in America love their FOOTBALL! but now NBA players are sniping back at him.  If Trump goes to war with the NBA, they could end up reliving their pre Bird/Magic days of tape-delayed finals.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,867
    Many of us, myself included, crushed George W. Bush for taking the longest vacation in Presidential history in the weeks before 9/11.

What sorts of horrors are being planned now while Donald Trump is busy going to war with the NFL and NBA?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Trump is crushing himself.  He's only president in name.  This will be understood for decades, for centuries, forever.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    Trump is crushing himself.  He's only president in name.  This will be understood for decades, for centuries, forever.
    Exactly. Almost every tweet of Trump's today directly contradicts a tweet of his from a few years ago. Because a few years ago (and up until noon on January 20 of this year) we had a real President. Now we have...him.

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,634
    Man if presidents were giving firing orders to  NFL owners my Raiders wouldn’t have lasted through the 70s.   Although im sure Al Davis wouldn’t have listened 
    It feels like Al Davis is the President.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203
    Fuckin' right. Kap's mom burned the doofus in chief.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2017/09/23/kaepernick_s_mom_has_perfect_comeback_for_trump_guess_that_makes_me_a_proud.html

Only person who should be fired and out of work is the demon wearing a skin suit in the white house.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Watching the news tonight, they showed Trump bellowing about wanting the NFL to fire protesters.  I wasn't sure if I was going to laugh or puke.  The news commentators went on to mention that they suspect that there will be several players in various NFL games tomorrow taking a knee or something similar.  I really got the feeling that the news station was sympathetic to the protesting players and definitely not supportive of Trump.

Ah!  Now what is really interesting about this is that the station I was watching was FOX news.  You heard that right.  It's the strangest thing and I just started watching them recently because it's the only TV news station I can get right now which is KTXL, FOX 40 out of Sacramento.  I've seen national FOX station news before in a few food venues in town and they are obviously right-wing slanted but Sacramento's KTXL FOX station seems almost progressive leaning to me.  Strange... but kind of cool. 

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,934
    brianlux said:
    Watching the news tonight, they showed Trump bellowing about wanting the NFL to fire protesters.  I wasn't sure if I was going to laugh or puke.  The news commentators went on to mention that they suspect that there will be several players in various NFL games tomorrow taking a knee or something similar.  I really got the feeling that the news station was sympathetic to the protesting players and definitely not supportive of Trump.

Ah!  Now what is really interesting about this is that the station I was watching was FOX news.  You heard that right.  It's the strangest thing and I just started watching them recently because it's the only TV news station I can get right now which is KTXL, FOX 40 out of Sacramento.  I've seen national FOX station news before in a few food venues in town and they are obviously right-wing slanted but Sacramento's KTXL FOX station seems almost progressive leaning to me.  Strange... but kind of cool. 
    I think the thing is, even a few weeks ago, Trump was in good Republican favour, and vice-versa. Thus, it was convenient for Trump to pander to Republicans, and Fox News to pander to Trump. That fairytale seems to be over, which leaves conservative-leaning news still catering to Republicans as they always have. Many of us on here have been saying this was bound to happen sooner or later, as these self-serving entities (RNC leadership and Trump) disagreed about significant situations. There goes the sympathy, there goes the unity.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    And....the first baseball player kneels during the anthem yesterday.  (He had his cap over his heart and is the son on an Army vet)

So #sad that our country would choose such a contrarian assfuckinghole to be our leader.
    This is who we are, America.  Bravo.  Look in the mirror when you question why these people are protesting our lovely flag and national song.  It is because the majority of people are idiots.  
    Bravo.

Are we really that different than North Korea or anywhere else?  Moral superiority is a joke.
    This is going to be an NFL Sunday people remember for a long, long time.

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited September 2017
    I hope almost everybody sits.

Even Lebron James speaking out.  You know you're in trouble now.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,203
    Estimates on those kneeling today? A handful, a dozen, a hundred? I personally hope there is an entire team willing to do it.
    It's a hopeless situation...