STP - Core (Super Deluxe Edition)

I looked and couldn't find this convo elsewhere, if it's already been talked about then disregard mine. But I am freaking pumped for this! To finally get some STP live back in the day is freaking awesome (that Chicago show released on DVD/Blu Ray should be released digitally, CD, vinyl, whatever IMO). Anyways... I've had the MTV Unplugged for awhile, glad to finally get a real sounding version of it. I just can't stop cranking up this song... It's like buying a CD again and listening to it for the first time and this song all of a sudden comes on next... Looking forward to this release. (9/29/17)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHfi4kGPFvc
1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

Comments

• Dude!  Tell me more!!!
  • I'm super excited bout this. That CD set has some expense but man.... It sounds too good to be true. Rolling Stones released Wicked Garden remastered from unplugged sounded amazing. I'm conflicted. Let's Play Two drops same day. I'll get both of course. Just... What do I play first?
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    If they do something similar with Purple, I'll shit my pants, clean myself up, then buy. This is tempting, but not sure...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Attaway77 said:
    I looked and couldn't find this convo elsewhere, if it's already been talked about then disregard mine. But I am freaking pumped for this! To finally get some STP live back in the day is freaking awesome (that Chicago show released on DVD/Blu Ray should be released digitally, CD, vinyl, whatever IMO). Anyways... I've had the MTV Unplugged for awhile, glad to finally get a real sounding version of it. I just can't stop cranking up this song... It's like buying a CD again and listening to it for the first time and this song all of a sudden comes on next... Looking forward to this release. (9/29/17)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHfi4kGPFvc
    Always loved Crackerman and Unglued the best of their rockers. Short and catchy. Easy songs to crank and put on repeat.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • If they do something similar with Purple, I'll shit my pants, clean myself up, then buy. This is tempting, but not sure...
    http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7957569/stone-temple-pilots-core-reissue-wicked-garden-unplugged

Are you planning to do anniversary packages like this for STP's other albums?

DeLeo: Absolutely. I think they deserve that. There's so many demos, and the bare bones of how some of these songs came together musically. I've got so much stuff that I saved, and I think it's gonna be fun going through one of the best musical parts of my life, that decade. It's all about there in my garage, and it's going to be interesting going through that.

• FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    edited September 2017
    If they do something similar with Purple, I'll shit my pants, clean myself up, then buy. This is tempting, but not sure...
    What did I miss with Purple?!

+1 on Crackerman...awesome.  

Did I see deluxe Core for $80?
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Huh so it's $80 for the vinyl and 4cd/1dvd package and first 1000 get the 7"?

interested since I don't have the vinyl yet.... will I ever listen to all those tracks, that's a lot of stuff...

was hoping for just a vinyl set I think....

decisions decisions
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    Yah, I kind of just want the unplugged set and I think it would of been a bit cooler to try and include the video version on the included dvd.   I'm not supersure I want to buy the whole set just for the cd with unplugged on it.   They've reissued the vinyl several times in the past few years, so I'm pretty good with the copy I have.
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    edited September 2017
    Huh so it's $80 for the vinyl and 4cd/1dvd package
    At soundstagedirect.com they have a promo code for 20 % off and cuts it to $64 from $80.  I saw Amazon for $58.

I too too was looking for vinyl only as I don't have a CD player anymore other then my car.  
    Post edited by FrankY59 on
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Was really hoping for a stand alone vinyl
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • amazon.ca

I'm in! $75 Can shipped to my door.

Feeling kinda pumped.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Yeah I think I'm gonna pass. I only want the vinyl.  For $75 I was able to score the phish a love one and it's prob my #1 anticipated release of the year.  No need to spend the same for cd's.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    edited September 2017
    I wish the unplugged set was included in the non-super-deluxe version. I don't need that entire box. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Yeah I think I'm gonna pass. I only want the vinyl.  For $75 I was able to score the phish a love one and it's prob my #1 anticipated release of the year.  No need to spend the same for cd's.
    wish you lived closer to me. the vinyl is the only part of the box set I don't care about. we could do sharesies. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I'm asking Santa for this for X-Mas....
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 2,848
    I usually listen to a lot of STP but more so lately with this in the works.... Damn, Weiland was a badass front man..  Dude just had it all. Glad I got to witness/hear their music and his style and approach with that music throughout their time together. Really looking forward to the live songs off this release...
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• dpduke69dpduke69 Raleigh, NC Posts: 187

Still one of the best rock shows I've ever seen when I caught STP in Charlotte in 2010. Scott still sounded great on a good night.

2013: Charlotte
    2016: Greenville Columbia
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    edited September 2017
    They did sound great on that tour. I saw them in Grand Rapids. They never disappointed me live. 

I've seen some videos where Scott was obviously messed up but when he was on his game, he was an amazing frontman. 
    Post edited by dudeman on
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Where can you order this?!?
    Soundstage Direct has it for $79.99 plus 20% off bringing it to $63.99 plus free shipping.
    Soundstage Direct has it for $79.99 plus 20% off bringing it to $63.99 plus free shipping.
    Thanks.

I ordered it from STPs site.  I wanted to make sure I got the Plush 7".

That's an awesome looking boxset!!!
    dudeman said:
    They did sound great on that tour. I saw them in Grand Rapids. They never disappointed me live. 

I've seen some videos where Scott was obviously messed up but when he was on his game, he was an amazing frontman. 
    yes, all 4 times I saw him (VR x 2 and STP x2) he was on fire. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

dudeman said:

Agreed. Saw them in 94' and then VR in 2004. They covered "Negative Creep" @HughFreakingDillon at that Velvet Revolver show and I thought the stage was going to explode.
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/velvet-revolver/2004/the-pageant-st-louis-mo-53d60fa5.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrdprHQaquI

www.cluthelee.com
    dudeman said:

Agreed. Saw them in 94' and then VR in 2004. They covered "Negative Creep" @HughFreakingDillon at that Velvet Revolver show and I thought the stage was going to explode.
    https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/velvet-revolver/2004/the-pageant-st-louis-mo-53d60fa5.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrdprHQaquI

had they played that at either of the two shows I saw, that would have been epic. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I saw STP twice in 2000 (No. 4 Tour - Vancouver and Tattoo the Earth festival in Portland, OR) and they were amazing.  Saw them again here in Victoria in 2010 and it wasn't nearly as good :(   Weiland did a solo show here a few years ago and they wanted $80 for it, it ended up being downgraded from a theatre show to bar show because of ticket sales.   I kind of wish I'd gone (hindsight is 20/20) but I remember the last show I went to not being so good.

I also saw VR twice and they were pretty good shows too. 

I find it crazy how big STP was in my teens, and then kind of drifted away after No. 4....  I still listen to their music alot.  I'm very much looking forward to a proper copy of unplugged.
  • I see them still advertising the Plush 7".  I'm surprised there isn't more love for this album!
    I see them still advertising the Plush 7".  I'm surprised there isn't more love for this album!
    I like Core, but Purple is my favourite by far.

It's the first four albums I really like and I'd rank them:

Purple
    No. 4
    Tiny Music
    Core

Will all of these mega reissues all I really want is the vinyl, live show, and b-sides.   All i really want from this set is the unplugged cd... I already have core on vinyl and the expanded import version of the cd.
  • Shangri-La Dee Da is underrated. Some killer songs on it: A Song for Sleeping and, Bi-Polar Bear are great songs from any album and, Dumb Love, Days of the Week, Long Way Home are strong. Like it more than No. 4. Purple is #1, Core, and then close between Tiny Music and Shangri La Dee Da. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Purple
    Core
    Shangri-La Dee Da
    Self-titled
    Tiny Music
    No. 4
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Just a head's up to those thinking about ordering the Super Deluxe Edition with the shirt, litho, Plush 7" etc.

I ordered it back on July 26th when it was first announced. They shipped the t-shirt out on Aug. 15th and I received it on Aug. 17th. It was very poor quality. The material and the fit was okay, but the graphic was very blurry and pixelated. They shipped the "lithograph" on 8/31, and I received it on Sept. 8th. It was NOT a "lithograph" - it was a cheap digital print on flimsy paper, again very pixelated and obviously sourced from a low-res file - something you could get printed at FedEx Kinko's for a few bucks. I have since requested that they issue me a full refund and a postage paid label to return the junk I got so far. I'll buy the LP at a local record shop. The Plush 7" isn't worth paying the price for the rest of the package. :disappointed:
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)