The National Football League

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Leave it to the refs to fuck up the end of a surprisingly exciting game with a ticky tack offensive PI call. 
    49ers didnt deserve to win with that horseshit plan they run out there at QB.  Running the fucking ball on 3rd and long and kicking a FG?  Why not just kick a FG on 1st down when you get in range if you are so worried about your train wreck QB turning the ball over?

That stated....it sure as hell didn't look like OPI to anyone but Rams fans.  (I'm a shit-Niners fan so am biased but that was not PI.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    That was not PI. Big picture though, the 49ers are better off losing that game. Need a new QB and I am souring on the idea of them over paying Cousins. That is if Washington doesnt franchise him again anyways. 
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Leave it to the refs to fuck up the end of a surprisingly exciting game with a ticky tack offensive PI call. 
    49ers didnt deserve to win with that horseshit plan they run out there at QB.  Running the fucking ball on 3rd and long and kicking a FG?  Why not just kick a FG on 1st down when you get in range if you are so worried about your train wreck QB turning the ball over?

That stated....it sure as hell didn't look like OPI to anyone but Rams fans.  (I'm a shit-Niners fan so am biased but that was not PI.)
    I had no dog in the fight, but I can't stand to see the officials take it away from a team like that.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    That was not PI. Big picture though, the 49ers are better off losing that game. Need a new QB and I am souring on the idea of them over paying Cousins. That is if Washington doesnt franchise him again anyways. 
    I don't think they can -- he is free to walk after this season.
    They can franchise him again at 30+ million. More than likely they transition tag which lets them match any deal Cousins signs. Easy way around it though. 49ers have over 100 million in cap space. Sign him with a 50mil signing bonus (which is expected) but add an opt out after 1 year. This makes the whole 50 million bonus count in year 1's cap along with his salary. Washington is projected to be under the cap next season by 10 million if I remember correct. Washington would have to free up another 40+ million to match the deal. The 49ers did a similiar cap move with Willis some years ago to use some extra cap space in the first year and make him cheaper in the future years.

Still, I think this team needs a young QB.  
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    igotid88 said:
    i thought it was a college football game with those uniforms
    WVU vs Texas Tech
  • Did anybody read the article about Aaron Hernandez having stage 3 CTE?

It's the most aggressive case found in anyone so young, so far.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    CTE is a major problem for the NFL and football in general.

That said, Aaron Hernandez was a likely raging psychopath and a bad person well before he had CTE.
    They can franchise him again at 30+ million. More than likely they transition tag which lets them match any deal Cousins signs. Easy way around it though. 49ers have over 100 million in cap space. Sign him with a 50mil signing bonus (which is expected) but add an opt out after 1 year. This makes the whole 50 million bonus count in year 1's cap along with his salary. Washington is projected to be under the cap next season by 10 million if I remember correct. Washington would have to free up another 40+ million to match the deal. The 49ers did a similiar cap move with Willis some years ago to use some extra cap space in the first year and make him cheaper in the future years.

Still, I think this team needs a young QB.  
    Interesting....and I agree, draft one of the many kids who people think can be good. 
  • CTE is a major problem for the NFL and football in general.

That said, Aaron Hernandez was a likely raging psychopath and a bad person well before he had CTE.
    It's a proven fact that he was less than a model citizen before football.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582

Yep
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    If OJ committed murder in 2017 the defense would be CTE. This is just the beginning. We are going to see all kinds of bad things blamed on concussions, sports and CTE.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Next up, every time a NFL player hurts another person the victim will sue the NFL claiming CTE and the NFL is the reason why.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

He was most likely always a piece of  shit, but I wonder if it's possible that he suffered multiple head injuries as a youngster as well. I know I suffered multiple concussions just being a kid from bike accidents and what not. I actually was hospitalized from a pretty severe one when I fell out of a tree. Then had a couple bad ones as an adult. I worry about that shit a lot.

I also wonder if drug use can accelerate the process? Wasn't he apparently smoking PCP or something too? They are still finding out new stuff about CTE. 
    JimmyV said:
    If OJ committed murder in 2017 the defense would be CTE. This is just the beginning. We are going to see all kinds of bad things blamed on concussions, sports and CTE.
    I think it could be a valid explanation why some people just lose their shit. It is brain damage. It doesn't excuse what they did, but I think it's valuable info to learn and try and prevent.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV said:
    I think it could be a valid explanation why some people just lose their shit. It is brain damage. It doesn't excuse what they did, but I think it's valuable info to learn and try and prevent.
    I'm all for learning about it and preventing it as best we can. I'm not OK with every athlete who does a bad thing turning around and saying "Oops...CTE." That is where I worry we are headed.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Next up, every time a NFL player hurts another person the victim will sue the NFL claiming CTE and the NFL is the reason why.
    Has any of this crossed over into the WWE?  Could the wrestlers that murdered or killed themselves be linked with this too?
    Next up, every time a NFL player hurts another person the victim will sue the NFL claiming CTE and the NFL is the reason why.
    Has any of this crossed over into the WWE?  Could the wrestlers that murdered or killed themselves be linked with this too?
    That's a good point. Also, steroids are prevalent in both sports. Testosterone overload will make you snap too. Those things combined would probably make for a very unstable person 
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,147
    Well with Chris Benoit his brain was enlarged.
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    didn't realize there was a game in london today/this morning
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    HAHA>But, Dumbass is right. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    sooooo.....I saw an internet banner headline.....25,000 signatures gathered to remove the ray lewis statue from ravens stadium.

because he's a murderer? no, because he knelt.

this is one fucked up world.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Wobbie said:
    sooooo.....I saw an internet banner headline.....25,000 signatures gathered to remove the ray lewis statue from ravens stadium.

because he's a murderer? no, because he knelt.

this is one fucked up world.
    isn't it? unbelievable. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    Yes we should. Really great of Watson to do that. 

Did the  article mention(sorry , i didn't read it) that when he was a young kid that Warrick Dunn gave his mom a home? Warrick Dunn would give a house to a single mom every year(not sure if he still does that since he's been out of the NFL). Great to see Deshaun Watson paying it forward to those in need. I'm sure Warrick Dunn is proud.
    Suck Blue to every NFL fan that can only think about Trump.  Suck Blue to every NFL fan that cares only about kneeling.  
    Watson is the coolest.  I love that kid.

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    cutz said:
    Yes we should. Really great of Watson to do that. 

Did the  article mention(sorry , i didn't read it) that when he was a young kid that Warrick Dunn gave his mom a home? Warrick Dunn would give a house to a single mom every year(not sure if he still does that since he's been out of the NFL). Great to see Deshaun Watson paying it forward to those in need. I'm sure Warrick Dunn is proud.
    That's awesome.  I knew Dunn did a lot of good deeds, didn't realize Watson's mom was one of the recipients.  That's great!!  And awesome on Watson to continue doing great things!