Kaepernick

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    What I find amazing is that nearly a year after Kaepernick began his peaceful, silent protest people are still calling it disrespectful, yet we've all but stopped talking about the group of actual disrespectful, hateful, narrow-minded, swastika wearing fuckfaces from just a month ago using the exact same first amendment protection.

And we wonder why Kaep does what he does.
    Peaceful... but not silent. Let's be clear on that. Very visible. Aside from the demonstration... let's also remember his socks and various other items that cannot be classified as 'silent'.
    I do love this response, though.  It drives the point I was trying to make home.  Kaep does what he does because people still focus on him kneeling during a song instead of all the wrongdoing he is protesting against.
    Likewise... how Kap's offensive on-field language and items like his custom socks never gets acknowledged by those insisting he's righteous.
    Jesus fucking christ dude.
  • What I find amazing is that nearly a year after Kaepernick began his peaceful, silent protest people are still calling it disrespectful, yet we've all but stopped talking about the group of actual disrespectful, hateful, narrow-minded, swastika wearing fuckfaces from just a month ago using the exact same first amendment protection.

Peaceful... but not silent. Let's be clear on that. Very visible. Aside from the demonstration... let's also remember his socks and various other items that cannot be classified as 'silent'.
    I do love this response, though.  It drives the point I was trying to make home.  Kaep does what he does because people still focus on him kneeling during a song instead of all the wrongdoing he is protesting against.
    Likewise... how Kap's offensive on-field language and items like his custom socks never gets acknowledged by those insisting he's righteous.
    Yah. No shit dude.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    What I find amazing is that nearly a year after Kaepernick began his peaceful, silent protest people are still calling it disrespectful, yet we've all but stopped talking about the group of actual disrespectful, hateful, narrow-minded, swastika wearing fuckfaces from just a month ago using the exact same first amendment protection.

Yah. No shit dude.
    What point is it that you're missing?
  • What I find amazing is that nearly a year after Kaepernick began his peaceful, silent protest people are still calling it disrespectful, yet we've all but stopped talking about the group of actual disrespectful, hateful, narrow-minded, swastika wearing fuckfaces from just a month ago using the exact same first amendment protection.

Yah. No shit dude.
    I'd ask the same of you.

Some people are still focused on Kap because he knelt during the national anthem- thinking he "should at least have a back-up spot but he doesn't because he protested so admirably".

They don't understand that he's a shitty NFL quarterback. He's a shitty teammate (one of the NFL's most hated guys prior to his protest). He used offensive language (n**ger) on the field that hardly places him as the poster boy for a movement such as BLM. And, to illustrate what he felt about the police... he wore custom pig socks for one 'silent' protest (so much for that profession).

If people want to focus more on the wrongdoing he [is] protesting against (your words)... I'm up for that, just don't front the movement with an idiot like this guy... otherwise the message is lost in the delivery.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Yah. No shit dude.
    I'd ask the same of you.

Some people are still focused on Kap because he knelt during the national anthem- thinking he "should at least have a back-up spot but he doesn't because he protested so admirably".

They don't understand that he's a shitty NFL quarterback. He's a shitty teammate (one of the NFL's most hated guys prior to his protest). He used offensive language (n**ger) on the field that hardly places him as the poster boy for a movement such as BLM. And, to illustrate what he felt about the police... he wore custom pig socks for one 'silent' protest (so much for that profession).

If people want to focus more on the wrongdoing he [is] protesting against (your words)... I'm up for that, just don't front the movement with an idiot like this guy... otherwise the message is lost in the delivery.
    no one chose him to front the movement. he is doing this all on his own. people are simply defending his reasons for doing what he's doing. judge him all you want on his own character, but judge the message for the message itself, not the messenger. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited September 2017

Yah. No shit dude.
    I'd ask the same of you.

no one chose him to front the movement. he is doing this all on his own. people are simply defending his reasons for doing what he's doing. judge him all you want on his own character, but judge the message for the message itself, not the messenger. 
    I judge him on being a quarterback and after seeing him play there is a reason no one has hired him.  He just isn't that good anymore.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:

Yah. No shit dude.
    I'd ask the same of you.

I judge him on being a quarterback and after seeing him play there is a reason no one has hired him.  He just isn't that good anymore.
    of course, but that's not what we're talking about here.......
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Hugh...

It is when many of the contributors to this thread have stated he needs a job and he isn't getting one because he has been blackballed. This has been a significant portion of this discussion.

He's only relevant right now because that idea has germinated and allowed him to remain a man of honour.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    We need a new quarterback in BC. He should come to Vancouver and play for the Lions.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Is he even good enough for the cfl?!
  • mcgruff10 said:
    No.

The CFL has awesome guys like Warren Moon. Not guys like Vinnie Bobarino.
    mcgruff10 said:
    No.

Please for the love of god tell me that you are joking that warren moon is still playing. 
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Kaep is about 1000x better than Bryan Hoyer, current 49ers qb
  • mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No.

Please for the love of god tell me that you are joking that warren moon is still playing. 
    You need to get out more. And I'm not talking out more as in... 'go out more to the orange pizza place' (that Soul thinks is so awesome lol).
  • Smellyman said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNbkSgEaDZ4

mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    No.

You need to get out more. And I'm not talking out more as in... 'go out more to the orange pizza place' (that Soul thinks is so awesome lol).
    I really hope your favorite football team signs Kaep!
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    Smellyman said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNbkSgEaDZ4

hoyer   Kaep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NlQWlLXFCk

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Kaep is for sure way better than Hoyer.
    The CFL sucks, need a separate thread for that.  Kaep would destroy that league just getting the ball and running around.  Hell, Crap On a Plate Doug Flutie was a star up there and the midget couldn't even see over a proper O Line.  He split time with Rob Johnson, who sucks even worse than Hoyer.
    I am saying he is out of a job because of his personality & because the league would rather steer clear of protesters over sitting during the anthem than protesters about Elliott and these other pieces of walking fucking garbage who smack women around. 
    Not pretending that he was a great QB -- but I think y'all are crazy that maintain he is worse than Hoyer or some of these other bums that are in the NFL right now.  I watched the games -- I am not relying on ESPN or other rags telling me what my opinion should be based on a bad string of games. 

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Hugh...

It is when many of the contributors to this thread have stated he needs a job and he isn't getting one because he has been blackballed. This has been a significant portion of this discussion.

He's only relevant right now because that idea has germinated and allowed him to remain a man of honour.
    fair enough. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The CFL sucks, need a separate thread for that.  Kaep would destroy that league just getting the ball and running around.  Hell, Crap On a Plate Doug Flutie was a star up there and the midget couldn't even see over a proper O Line.  He split time with Rob Johnson, who sucks even worse than Hoyer.
    I am saying he is out of a job because of his personality & because the league would rather steer clear of protesters over sitting during the anthem than protesters about Elliott and these other pieces of walking fucking garbage who smack women around. 
    Not pretending that he was a great QB -- but I think y'all are crazy that maintain he is worse than Hoyer or some of these other bums that are in the NFL right now.  I watched the games -- I am not relying on ESPN or other rags telling me what my opinion should be based on a bad string of games. 

the CFL does not suck, but you are right, Kaep would run circles around everyone in our league. There is no disputing the difference in talent between the CFL and the NFL, but I still prefer the CFL game more. People like the glitz and production money the NFL has. NFL is a game you can watch while doing something else, kind of like hosting an Oscar party. The CFL is something you dig into. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

the CFL does not suck, but you are right, Kaep would run circles around everyone in our league. There is no disputing the difference in talent between the CFL and the NFL, but I still prefer the CFL game more. People like the glitz and production money the NFL has. NFL is a game you can watch while doing something else, kind of like hosting an Oscar party. The CFL is something you dig into. 
    I know you are very nice person but you just lost all credibility to talk about football from my perspective.

We can only agree to disagree.  I say the CFL is awful, sub-par, and not worthy of being called football.  You say the NFL is not something you can dig into and worthy of being watched at the same time as hosting an Oscar party.

"San Diago.  Pretty sure that is German for Whale's Vagina."

:tired_face:

I know you are very nice person but you just lost all credibility to talk about football from my perspective.

We can only agree to disagree.  I say the CFL is awful, sub-par, and not worthy of being called football.  You say the NFL is not something you can dig into and worthy of being watched at the same time as hosting an Oscar party.

"San Diago.  Pretty sure that is German for Whale's Vagina."

:tired_face:
    LOL. I know loads of people, friends of mine, who are very knowledgeable about football, who are big NFL fans who hold the same opinion as I do. There are many who also don't, but my credibility is not in question here. 

Sure, the NFL is pretty. Glad you enjoy the glitz.  Good thing NFL players have nearly a full minute to get ready for the next play so you can go get another Budweiser. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Off topic but just to be that guy...

Hockey > Football

By a Kilometer.
    I am sorry but I cannot take an evaluation of NFL talent seriously from someone who types this:

NFL is a game you can watch while doing something else, kind of like hosting an Oscar party.
    :lol:

I am no NFL scout but I am a 49ers fan and someone who watched Kaepernick play more than anyone else who is not a 49ers fan.  (Being real -- nobody who roots for another team would have watched the Niners play much the last 3 years.  They have been so poorly coached and run it has been a traveshamockery.)  He is far superior to Hoyer as an NFL QB. 

Not going to argue that he is not a jerk (I don't know him) or that he didn't play poorly at times.  Certainly not going to argue that he exercised good common sense relative to his employ-ability when he chose to make statements through his socks or his kneeling/sitting.

edited September 2017

Yah. No shit dude.
    I'd ask the same of you.

None of that has anything to do with my original message.

The point I made was comparing two different kinds of protests, both protected by the first amendment - Kaepernick and white supremacists - and how one's use of the constitutional right is still viewed and talked about as disrespectful, despite being peaceful and harmless, and the other is no longer much, if any, of a discussion despite being hateful and inciting violence.  You then took that comparison and only responded about Kaepernick, thus proving my point of why he's doing what he's doing. 

-I'm QED on this.

I compare the cfl to major league soccer here in the u.s.   Yeah it is a soccer league but it is NOTHING compared to the premiere league.  
    I am sorry but I cannot take an evaluation of NFL talent seriously from someone who types this:

NFL is a game you can watch while doing something else, kind of like hosting an Oscar party.
    :lol:

I am no NFL scout but I am a 49ers fan and someone who watched Kaepernick play more than anyone else who is not a 49ers fan.  (Being real -- nobody who roots for another team would have watched the Niners play much the last 3 years.  They have been so poorly coached and run it has been a traveshamockery.)  He is far superior to Hoyer as an NFL QB. 

Not going to argue that he is not a jerk (I don't know him) or that he didn't play poorly at times.  Certainly not going to argue that he exercised good common sense relative to his employ-ability when he chose to make statements through his socks or his kneeling/sitting.

I already stated that there is no denying the talent pool in the NFL is far superior to that of the CFL's. I was referring to the GAME, not the players. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mcgruff10 said:

I compare the cfl to major league soccer here in the u.s.   Yeah it is a soccer league but it is NOTHING compared to the premiere league.  
    If we changed the rules of soccer this would be even more accurate. 

• The CFL is not the NFL, but its not a joke either. I rarely watch it and I'm not necessarily a fan, however:

Several CFL players have made the jump to the NFL and done very well. Likewise, many NFLers have gone to the CFL with mixed results (it is not as easy as one thinks).

To suggest the CFL is terrible is akin to shouting "USA USA" when Trump says he's going to make America great again.