Options

Pearl Jam joins the Space Needle in Cancer Research for Fred Hutch

RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
edited June 2017 in The Porch
Hey all, 
If you didn't know, it's that time again, for the THIRD year in a row I will be climbing the stairs of the Space Needle to raise money for cancer research and I just found out that there will be a special PEARL JAM wave which includes a special edition T-Shirt! 

This year is special as I have been dealing with a torn ankle tendon and still hope to be able to climb, I've already registered so I'm committed!

I would love for you to donate towards the cause, 100% of your donation will go to Fred Hutch. I am still putting together some extra goodies to help raise funds.
In the meantime check out my page at: https://www.classy.org/fundraise?fcid=1002144

thanks so much for your support! I would love for other Pearl Jam fans to join me. 
The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
Post edited by RKCNDY on

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    Count me in again!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    You know it!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    Hi Lisa! I'm in again. What is the cut off date this year? 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Third year in!  Thank you again for doing this.

I regularly and proudly wear my dogtags from the last two in which I participated.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
    Let's do this!
  • Options
    BUMP.

Sporting my "fuck cancer!" tag this morning and thought of you :)
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,623
    Thanks for bumping, Hedo. 
    Also donated today -- help a lady out here!
  • Options
    Hi All, I'm sorry I haven't been checking in as much as I should.
    My ankle is not healing properly (for those that were unaware, I tore both tendons in my ankle), so i have been going to PT for the last few weeks. I may have to have surgery to repair the tears so this may be my last Space Needle climb until 2019. 

I'll try to get things together for a raffle and dog tags-at least dog tags! Again, this will all depend on if I have to go to surgery since I will be restricted from walking for 6 weeks. 

Cut off date for donations is October 2. Cutoff for dog tags will be September 22.

Thank you all for your support!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    RKCNDY said:
    Hi All, I'm sorry I haven't been checking in as much as I should.
    My ankle is not healing properly (for those that were unaware, I tore both tendons in my ankle), so i have been going to PT for the last few weeks. I may have to have surgery to repair the tears so this may be my last Space Needle climb until 2019. 

I'll try to get things together for a raffle and dog tags-at least dog tags! Again, this will all depend on if I have to go to surgery since I will be restricted from walking for 6 weeks. 

Cut off date for donations is October 2. Cutoff for dog tags will be September 22.

Thank you all for your support!
    Thanks for the update. Bummer about your ankle. Hopefully everything works out well. If you do a raffle I probably have some stuff floating around to donate. 
  • Options
    I for sure have stuff to donate.
    Feel better L!

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    BUMP!
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Donation sent! BUMP!
  • Options
    Bottom of the page BUMP!
  • Options
    Friday morning good stuff bump!  
  • Options
    Bump!
  • Options
    Back up
  • Options
    Hi! 
    I'm bad bad bad...been neglecting my peeps. :( 

I'll be messaging those that have donated and get info for the dog tags.

I have one item that I'm trying to get done for the raffle...if the test print comes out I will offer it up for a raffle prize. I may also be able to add another signature to the print... ;)

This is the print I will offer up, I took this photo at the Flight to Mars show this year.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Hey Lisa...I'll definitely make a Donation :)
  • Options
    That photo is the shit, RK (meant in a good way)!  Really, it's a beautifully-captured, intense moment.

Fingers crossed your ankle is doing better.
  • Options
    Awesome photo RK and hope your ankle is getting better. Caught FTM in 2015 and just loved it. Made the trip down from Greater Vancouver and hope to do the same again one day. Best wishes on the fundraiser!
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    Hey Lisa...I'll definitely make a Donation :)
    thanks A! I really appreciate it!

hedonist said:
    That photo is the shit, RK (meant in a good way)!  Really, it's a beautifully-captured, intense moment.

Fingers crossed your ankle is doing better.
    DJ253147 said:
    Awesome photo RK and hope your ankle is getting better. Caught FTM in 2015 and just loved it. Made the trip down from Greater Vancouver and hope to do the same again one day. Best wishes on the fundraiser!
    thank you Hedo and DJ! 

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Hey anytime Lisa...Great Cause :)
  • Options
    BUMP - the day is getting closer!

Good luck, RK :hug: