Options

2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    I used to think that the records in the set would be the same, but unsealed (box is sealed) why they only did 500.

But the more I'm thinking about it, the more I think they will be different, seems like a lot of effort to print those COA's without there being something different about it, or at least hope so for those who bought one.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    Limited box shippingto europe 149 dollars
  • Options
    Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 890
    yep.  To Toronto.
    Sub Total: $349.99
    Standard: $52.09
    Total: $402.08

That's not bad I live in Seattle, with shipping & sales tax : 
    $406.52
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    The box sets sat for 3 hours while people laughed at the stupidity of paying an extra $100 for a piece of paper. Then ebay has them going for double and triple and people feel burnt. For me it's about completeness. Yes, you could buy Blu Rays individually, but the complete trilogy in a box, or all 6 seasons of Lost or Game of Thrones etc. usually has more appeal. The Beatles Mono could be purchased individually, but people prefer the set. Years from now when it is harder to acquire ten different Pearl Jam vinyl from  sellers, having a box set of sealed records that can give you the whole catalog at once will have value. Oasis did it, and other bands probably will follow. Complete U2, R.E.M., Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, etc.  would be highly sought by collectors out even if they are available to purchase one by one.
    I hear what you are saying. But neither Oasis or The Beatles boxes were sold empty for people to fill cheaper themselves. (I reckon mine will cost just over half what 10c sold the set for). There will likely be new pressings made of some of the records for the box but will the vinyl be any different at all? It could be identical to those already out. In the long-term the complete pre-made set will be worth a little more but if people end up paying hundreds more for basically a bit of paper which says that 10c sold it - that's just crazy.
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,585
    FR181798 said:
    The box sets sat for 3 hours while people laughed at the stupidity of paying an extra $100 for a piece of paper. Then ebay has them going for double and triple and people feel burnt. For me it's about completeness. Yes, you could buy Blu Rays individually, but the complete trilogy in a box, or all 6 seasons of Lost or Game of Thrones etc. usually has more appeal. The Beatles Mono could be purchased individually, but people prefer the set. Years from now when it is harder to acquire ten different Pearl Jam vinyl from  sellers, having a box set of sealed records that can give you the whole catalog at once will have value. Oasis did it, and other bands probably will follow. Complete U2, R.E.M., Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, etc.  would be highly sought by collectors out even if they are available to purchase one by one.
    I hear what you are saying. But neither Oasis or The Beatles boxes were sold empty for people to fill cheaper themselves. (I reckon mine will cost just over half what 10c sold the set for). There will likely be new pressings made of some of the records for the box but will the vinyl be any different at all? It could be identical to those already out. In the long-term the complete pre-made set will be worth a little more but if people end up paying hundreds more for basically a bit of paper which says that 10c sold it - that's just crazy.
    That is true. Once the boxes sold out and there was no other option to get the set the limited 500 took on a whole new appeal. Most of the initial argument was about buying the empty box and filling it with the ones you have and new ones as opposed to buying duplicates in a set for more money. That became irrelevant when the boxes were gone.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    That is true. Once the boxes sold out and there was no other option to get the set the limited 500 took on a whole new appeal. Most of the initial argument was about buying the empty box and filling it with the ones you have and new ones as opposed to buying duplicates in a set for more money. That became irrelevant when the boxes were gone.
    Rumor going around now is that the booklet is signed.

Take it for what it is, a rumor but hey?  You never know.

I'll be happy if they are just colored vinyl but if that booklet is indeed signed?!?

Holy Grail!!!
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    FR181798 said:

I'll be happy if they are just colored vinyl but if that booklet is indeed signed?!?

Holy Grail!!!
    Hell yes!
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited September 2017
    FR181798 said:

Holy Grail!!!
    I heard rumor that your box set is going to come with special pack of one off Ten socks!!!  May not be true, but that's what I just made up, umm I mean heard.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    PP193448 said:
    FR181798 said:

Holy Grail!!!
    I heard rumor that your box set is going to come with special pack of one off Ten socks!!!  May not be true, but that's what I just made up, umm I mean heard.
    Imagine if my box showed up with socks?!?
  • Options
    This reminds me of when Bruce Springsteen and Bon Jovi were rumored to be special guests at the final Spectrum show in 2009. 
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,585
    500 boxes signed is never gonna happen. Just like all the Ten Super Deluxe were gonna be signed, right? And Vs. Box set? They made it through a dozen and got bored. I did get a full Foo Fighters band signed for the Super Deluxe Wasting Light though...so some bands do it.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Now im hearing the booklet will be signed, AND it will include a lock of hair from each band member's nose
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    Now im hearing the booklet will be signed, AND it will include a lock of hair from each band member's nose
    Nose Hair!?!? That changes everything!!! Take my money!
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,970
    MayDay10 said:
    Gotta call bullshit. There is no tool or method known to man that is strong enough to sever Matt Cameron's nose hair. 

I heard they even tried the Jaws of Life but Matt's nose hair kept breaking the equipment. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766
    edited September 2017
    derbydave said:
    These didn't sell out yet?

I'm guessing a lot of folks don't want a 2nd copy of Backspacer!! :rofl:

Ouch. Good point. Technically, this will be my THIRD copy of Lightning Bolt and none of them red...

But still, to be in a "1 of 500" club is pretty cool...

On the bright side... I now have a ton of cool stuff for Wishlist Parties!
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    FR181798 said:

Holy Grail!!!
    I can't imagine getting 5 millionaires to sit down and sign their names 500 times - for absolutely nothing!
    The box sets are already sold out without them having to sign anything.  
    And as far as colored vinyl -  I doubt they would be so presumptuous as to assume buyers would prefer colored vinyl over the expected black vinyl.
    Many people consider the sound of colored vinyl to be inferior to black vinyl so the people that will actually listen to these records might be very disappointed in the sound quality if that was done.
    I don't see the upside for Pearl Jam/Ten Club to do anything but what they have already promised..                                                                                                                                  
  • Options
    shecky said:
    FR181798 said:

Holy Grail!!!
    I can't imagine getting 5 millionaires to sit down and sign their names 500 times - for absolutely nothing!
    The box sets are already sold out without them having to sign anything.  
    And as far as colored vinyl -  I doubt they would be so presumptuous as to assume buyers would prefer colored vinyl over the expected black vinyl.
    Many people consider the sound of colored vinyl to be inferior to black vinyl so the people that will actually listen to these records might be very disappointed in the sound quality if that was done.
    I don't see the upside for Pearl Jam/Ten Club to do anything but what they have already promised..                                                                                                                                  
    The argument over black and colored vinyl has been debunked so u can stop spreading those lies. So "those people" are wrong. 

Didnt Mike just sit down and sign a bunch of Potato head poloroids?!?

I have one coming so either way I'm covered. 

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    I dont believe for a moment these will be signed, but if they are that would be very cool

Why would they sign them when they were sold out and there is no advantage to doing so is to create the demand for the next product down the line. Would be very solid marketing if you think about it

Still i dont think for a minute this will be the case, I think we'll get what we paid for and be very happy at that.

Lots of folk becrying this release and the pricing and the limitedness - and i really dont see why. If you want it go ahead and buy it, if you dont see the point, dont bother. Now its fine to have a discussion around it and bat around some opinions, but the same opinions ten times from the same people??? Way way too much time on their hands
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,507
    Come now Paul...gotta do sumfin' in between tour announcements.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    100 Pacer said:
    Come now Paul...gotta do sumfin' in between tour announcements.
    The internet is awash with documentaries on plumbing, college dormitories, cheerleaders, and the likes ;)
  • Options
    I don't think that the limited box sets are singed. All the 10 records are in the box. And Matt dind't play on the first 5 records
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    I hope they arent singed.  that would probably warp the vinyl
  • Options
    Guess will find out 6 weeks or so when the boxes start to arrive. 
  • Options
    I don't think that the limited box sets are singed. All the 10 records are in the box. And Matt dind't play on the first 5 records
    Box set isn't signed, the booklet/COA is.

Why have a COA?!?
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640

Why have a COA?!?

Where did the signed booklet news come from?
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,000

Why have a COA?!?

My guess its a rumor started to explain why have a COA.
    But it does bring up a good point, what is the COA for? Why have one just for the records, if they in fact are no different than the others available?
    I was one of the ones who laughed for a few hours thinking they'd never sell. I'll probably be a little frustrated if there was more than described. But what would the point be of not a full disclosure? Allow those with extra money to spend to gamble that there is a difference, and allow time for flippers to get their hands on them?
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    MayDay10 said:
    I hope they arent singed.  that would probably warp the vinyl
    :lol:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Why make colored vinyl or have the band sign the damn things when half of them are gonna remain sealed anyway?
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Why have a COA?!?

But it does bring up a good point, what is the COA for? Why have one just for the records, if they in fact are no different than the others available?
    I was one of the ones who laughed for a few hours thinking they'd never sell. I'll probably be a little frustrated if there was more than described. But what would the point be of not a full disclosure? Allow those with extra money to spend to gamble that there is a difference, and allow time for flippers to get their hands on them?
    Just my theory here.

IF they had full disclosure that the records were colored or booklet signed or whatnot THEN the flippers would have moved in.  That's an easy sell to flip.  The people that bought it unknowing that something would be different end up with a friggin cool surprise.

My guess is to prevent the act of flipping and 10C members had first crack at something.

So c'mon 10c surprise!!!
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Why have a COA?!?

To separate these box sets from people that bought empty boxes and filled with same records.