MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,145
    Marlins 3rd team with a 50 hr and 50 sb teammates in the same season
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    Trivia:
    David Ross hit a home run in his final Major League at-bat, helping the Cubs to victory in the 2016 World Series.  What former Cub did Ross hit his 1st career Major League home run off of?

(Hint: The former Cub was not playing for the Cubs when served the HR to Ross)
    gonna guess Maddux. Nope I looked it up
    Mark Grace
    I miss igotid88
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited September 2017
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Trivia:
    David Ross hit a home run in his final Major League at-bat, helping the Cubs to victory in the 2016 World Series.  What former Cub did Ross hit his 1st career Major League home run off of?

(Hint: The former Cub was not playing for the Cubs when served the HR to Ross)
    gonna guess Maddux. Nope I looked it up
    Mark Grace
    Yep. With the Dbacks in 02.

https://youtu.be/LKDTgeRDr08
    I've never seen a team fall apart in the span of 2 week. like the Marlins. Blowing 9th innings leads. 2 wins in 2 weeks when they were on the cusp of a 2nd Wild Card spot. I know the Dodgers haven't been playing well either. But they can afford to lose at this point
    I miss igotid88
  • igotid88 said:
    I've never seen a team fall apart in the span of 2 week. like the Marlins. Blowing 9th innings leads. 2 wins in 2 weeks when they were on the cusp of a 2nd Wild Card spot. I know the Dodgers haven't been playing well either. But they can afford to lose at this point
    2 of the greatest collapses that I saw were my Angels in 95 then Frisco when the Braves got stupid hot and took first place.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    igotid88 said:
    2 of the greatest collapses that I saw were my Angels in 95 then Frisco when the Braves got stupid hot and took first place.

that's cuz the motherfucking, cocksucking, cum guzzling padres traded fred mcgriff inside the division.

motherfucking cocksucking cum guzzlers. :angry:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    18 Games for the Indians.  Have the Tigers next.  Interested to see if they can break the record.  Love this team.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,602
    Tribe 3 outs away from AL record...
    Got It!!!!!

I had a bad feeling all game too.

Cant believe it
    One more to go to break the ML record set by the 1880 & 1935 Cubs!
    I hadn't heard the 1880 deal.  nice.  The Giants record is total bs.
    mrussel1 said:
    To be fair, the 1880 Cubs (known as the White Stockings at the time) are kinda like the 1916 Giants.  They had a tie or two in there.  So it's really only the '35 team that holds the record.  I'll just take any chance I can to brag about the Cubs owning any baseball records, lol.

That said, I want to see the Indians break it.  I love seeing history being made!
    mrussel1 said:
    To be fair, the 1880 Cubs (known as the White Stockings at the time) are kinda like the 1916 Giants.  They had a tie or two in there.  So it's really only the '35 team that holds the record.  I'll just take any chance I can to brag about the Cubs owning any baseball records, lol.

That said, I want to see the Indians break it.  I love seeing history being made!
    My son and I were in town for games 3 and 4 of the streak, so we saw a little history early.  The Indians actually shut out the Royals all three games.   
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    1916 giants hold the real record. we'll give it up when the tribe hits 27.

in other news....fuck the dodgers.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    R
    H
    Y
    S
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:

So the astros will give up the giants record?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Wobbie said:

So the way this was explained much of the week was that the Giants had a tie during the streak.  When I heard that, I thought "fuck that, Indians tied the record today".  
    But... according to Tim K on ESPN just two minutes ago, here's teh real story.  
    The Giants and whoever were tied 1-1 in the 9th and the rain came.  They called the game.  The next day they restarted the game (didn't pick up from where they left off like today) and played a doubleheader.  Evidently the Giants won both games.  If this is true and they played the "tie" game back from the beginning and won, then I would agree that the streak is 26.  If he's wrong and the tie was either recorded or the game never hit the standings, then the Tribe tied it today.
    BREAKING NEWS.... The Tribe is pretty good. 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Fantastic Game
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Inansity
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

So the way this was explained much of the week was that the Giants had a tie during the streak.  When I heard that, I thought "fuck that, Indians tied the record today".  
    The Giants and whoever were tied 1-1 in the 9th and the rain came.  They called the game.  The next day they restarted the game (didn't pick up from where they left off like today) and played a doubleheader.  Evidently the Giants won both games.  If this is true and they played the "tie" game back from the beginning and won, then I would agree that the streak is 26.  If he's wrong and the tie was either recorded or the game never hit the standings, then the Tribe tied it today.
    I dont think they ever played that game.  They would have if it mattered but didnt.  So it was just kind of a nothing game.  Stats count.  

Imo the streak is still legit though
    MayDay10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

I dont think they ever played that game.  They would have if it mattered but didnt.  So it was just kind of a nothing game.  Stats count.  

Imo the streak is still legit though
    Kurjian (sp?) from ESPN said the game was the next day.  Someone from Elias came on Mike & Mike and said the same.  Even Golic conceded and he's am excellent Tribe homer.   

If the game never played nine, then I would argue illegitimate. 
    Either way, i dont think it matters.  Cant see how that streak can be considered illegitimate
    R
    H
    Y
    S
    !
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Phillies pitcher Nick Pivetta - or rather his jersey - catches line drive comebacker!

https://www.mlb.com/video/share/must-c-pivettas-jersey-catch/c-1839492983?tid=11493214

That probably hurt.
    more home runs have been hit this year
    I miss igotid88