THEE OH SEES!!!

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    You know they aren't random, right. You need to order them from Castleface
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    You know they aren't random, right. You need to order them from Castleface
    Not sure when Tom will drop them but I usually strike out on the real limited stuff.
    I gotcha. You're waiting for the remainder to drop. 

A chrome plugin for a for a page update is what I use for a helpful heads up. 

My guess is the is the rest will drop with the next newsletter. 
    I gotcha. You're waiting for the remainder to drop. 

A chrome plugin for a for a page update is what I use for a helpful heads up. 

My guess is the is the rest will drop with the next newsletter. 
    He told me after he's done touring.
  • adusickadusick Posts: 1,367
    Wow. I literally just received their new album Friday, and they've already announced another. Best band out there right now!  http://pitchfork.com/news/oh-sees-announce-new-ocs-album-memory-of-a-cut-off-head/
    adusick said:
    Wow. I literally just received their new album Friday, and they've already announced another. Best band out there right now!  http://pitchfork.com/news/oh-sees-announce-new-ocs-album-memory-of-a-cut-off-head/
    Dwyer usually goes back and forth with either Damaged Bug or Oh Sees.  He's been putting out an insane amount of music the last few years between the two.

Lucky you that you got a copy of Orc...
    adusick said:
    Dwyer usually goes back and forth with either Damaged Bug or Oh Sees.  He's been putting out an insane amount of music the last few years between the two.

Lucky you that you got a copy of Orc...
    And the kicker... even with the rapid pace of Dwyer releases, they're all consistently good, if not downright amazing!  They just scratch that itch for me, the music, art, live shows.. near perfect band to me. 

And yes very very pumped about receiving the "gilden axehead" colored vinyl of Orc, it's a beaut.
    I got the Bone white, the split and the gold red splatter. 

The gold red splatter looks the best in hand. 

Orc is a killer album. It may be a top 5 TOS release for me. 

• WFUV just played a new one off of Orc.  Typical Oh Sees, grooves and good!

Going to see them twice in 2 weeks so I ordered the damn CD cause I can't buy the damn record...
  • I missed this one too. I'm not fucking happy...
  • Shrug.... mine sounds fine on black vinyl
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • For anyone going to see these guys soon, you are in for a treat.

Dwyer is starting to jam now and show his true musical chops on guitar.  Just saw them two nights in a row and they didn't disappoint.

You need to see them this tour if you haven't already.

Dwyer is starting to jam now and show his true musical chops on guitar.  Just saw them two nights in a row and they didn't disappoint.

Friday!!!!

Friday!!!!

Aaaaaaaand?!?
  • Listening to Orc on vinyl and Raw Optics and Cooling Tower sound so damn good. Man I love this band!!!

Friday!!!!

Aaaaaaaand?!?

Fucking Sweeeeeet!!! Last year they played for 70min and there was just 1 drummer. This time they played for 1hr 45min and both drummers were there. We had a blast. I'm an even bigger fan after Friday's show. After the show my wife said she wants to see them two nights in a row next time. I hope I don't have to wait a whole year to see them again.

Friday!!!!

Aaaaaaaand?!?

Fucking Sweeeeeet!!! Last year they played for 70min and there was just 1 drummer. This time they played for 1hr 45min and both drummers were there. We had a blast. I'm an even bigger fan after Friday's show. After the show my wife said she wants to see them two nights in a row next time. I hope I don't have to wait a whole year to see them again.

Did they do some jamming?  I love when Dwyer grabs the mic and places it in his amp cause I know shit's about to go down!

Glad you loved the show.  It's only a matter of time before people blow the lid off this band.
  • I mean, to be fair, they've been making tunes for over a decade now, I think the lid is as blown as its gonna get. 

• I mean, to be fair, they've been making tunes for over a decade now, I think the lid is as blown as its gonna get. 

I've noticed their records selling out quicker and shows selling out quicker here in NY, so they have room to grow.

Also their music 10 years ago is nothing like it is right now.  I actually think it's getting better.

Friday!!!!

Aaaaaaaand?!?

Did they do some jamming?  I love when Dwyer grabs the mic and places it in his amp cause I know shit's about to go down!

Glad you loved the show.  It's only a matter of time before people blow the lid off this band.
    Oh yeah, they jammed. At one point Dwyer played a lead lick between songs that was more technically difficult than anything he played during the whole show... me thinks Dwyer is a much better guitarist than he lets on.

Friday!!!!

Aaaaaaaand?!?

Oh yeah, they jammed. At one point Dwyer played a lead lick between songs that was more technically difficult than anything he played during the whole show... me thinks Dwyer is a much better guitarist than he lets on.

Dwyer is an insanely good guitarist.  I've always bragged about his chops.  I am glad that he is letting loose more now so let people go see him and get blown away.

The rest of the band is tight too.  Two drummers and a swooping baseline!
    They have the grape version available.

• They have the grape version available.

Must be UK or AUS?
    Pink smoke version arrived today! So stoked to listen to these new mellow jams.
    They have the grape version available.

Must be UK or AUS?
    Nah, I clicked your link. But now its SO.

• Pink smoke is back in stock and I missed out on the damn 12" single...

Crap.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    Check out the interview with Marc Maron for free!

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-862-john-dwyer

I had never heard of them until this interview. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1