Options

A Note From Stone Gossard

Comments

• Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Lovely message from Stone. Thanks Stone & indeed, hold on to each other out there! 
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,364
    Thank you for being a good man.  Its refreshing to have a hero we can be proud of. When I think the world is on fire, I try to remember something Ed said at MSG "if it seems like the world is overwhelming sometimes, it is...we take in more information now in 1 hour than people just a few decades ago took in in 1 year". Take a step back if its too much. 

Tough year for sure, I agree. Everybody watch out for each other.

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    "Words can have the same kind of magic as riffs can."
    -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    Just love these guys!! Thank you Stone and much support to anyone and everyone who's giving even the smallest contribution to make this planet a better place. Every little bit counts.
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • Options
    Yes, Cornell is the top of the list as well. Mental Illness is not an after thought. Life will get better for all, just hold on. Positive thoughts and be there for each other. It's all we can do right now. Don't let the fear win.
  • Options
    Bine75Bine75 Germany Posts: 77
    Beautiful words and great message. Thank you Stone! You're really a good human being!
  • Options
    thebuilderthebuilder Rifle, CO Posts: 118
    Thanks Mr Gossard, I know I needed those kind words. 
    Feel free 2 feel free
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Stone is king..i wish he would take control of the band again..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    DM282158DM282158 Beverly, MA Posts: 514
    edited September 2017
    Wma31394 said:
    I think he's still kinda the unsung leader in some ways..... have always had that vibe. Not to mention he and Jeff always being the unsung heart and soul. 
    Post edited by DM282158 on
    Boston '06
    Mansfield '08
    Hartford '10
    Worcester, Hartford '13
    Global Citizen, NY '15
  • Options
    Thanks for reaching out Stone appreciate those kind words.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    DM282158 said:
    Wma31394 said:
    I think he's still kinda the unsung leader in some ways..... have always had that vibe. Not to mention he and Jeff always being the unsung heart and soul. 

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Croos1226Croos1226 philly burbs Posts: 336
    Stone's just a cool dude. Makes me wanna hang out on my back deck with him, enjoying a cold beer together and watching my kids play. Thanks Stone!
  • Options
    Beautiful words to read, especially waking up to the news out of London this morning.
    I'm through with screaming
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Great message from Stone. Love the passion and empathy.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 399
    Keep on the sunny side of life!!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    Stone!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
    You're a good man, Stone; thank you.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited September 2017
    A lot of people feel this way. It's not really a special note.  As soon as I read  Burma in the statement (Myanmar) all I thought of was the Seinfeld reference. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_5qaz7qSRU

Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    A lot of people feel this way. It's not really a special note.  As soon as I read  Burma in the statement (Myanmar) all I thought of was the Seinfeld reference. 

Never anything good to say? 
  • Options
    Always a negative Nancy on here. Ignore this person 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

It was kind, compassionate and honest.  Good enough for me.
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Stone rOcKS!!!!!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    bbiggs said:

He constantly trolls everything and anything he can on here.... and the mods continue to do nothing but ban people that call him out on it :)
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    my2hands said:
    bbiggs said:

He constantly trolls everything and anything he can on here.... and the mods continue to do nothing but ban people that call him out on it :)
    Trufe.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    bbiggs said:

Simma donna.
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    my2hands said:
    bbiggs said:

Simma donna.
    Nah
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    dtr0624dtr0624 south jersey Posts: 611
    here is an idea on how to help. TOUR! take our minds off the horrors of the world by belting out hits arm in arm night after night and make a shirt, hat something that 100% of the proceeds go to a different organization each night. help by getting out there. make it 2 dollars per ticket sold to vitalogy. open can drives, clothes donations at each show... there is plenty of things they can do to help just by touring. and trust me, this band does a SHITLOAD already and im sure we are all thankful for that but touring is a great way to reach the masses
    2012 - MIA (Philly)
    2013 - Philly 1, philly 2, charlottesville,
    2015 - NYC (global citizen)
    2016 - Philly 1&2
    2022 - Camden
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    DM282158 said:
    Wma31394 said:
    nah, he worships Ed too much to be the unsung leader. he's just grateful Ed is still in PJ. he said so in his own words. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options

Way to completely miss the point.
    I'm through with screaming