***The Official Boxing Thread**

Comments

• pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    So Mayweather/McGregor is official now.  Mayweather will probably win but i'll be rooting for McGregor, hopefully he can land a punch or two on Mayweather.
    The Cavs had a better chance at winning the title than this happening...
    Yeah, he's not going to touch him.

That said, I can't wait to get it for free on my jailbroken firestick.  

Speaking of, good fight this weekend. Ward/Kovalev 2.

Yes. Ward/Kovalev 2. A fight that matters. 
    Yeah I am looking forward to this one tonight. Big fan of ward. Awesome dude.

This mayweather side show is pretty much the death of boxing right?

Haha! The Mayweather McGreggor announcement came at such a terrible time for Ward Kovalev fight. WK2 seemed to have a weak promotion and that announcement doesn't help probably.
    Yeah I don't get it. Cable companies barely even pushed it. You have a charismatic and likeable American boxer in ward and nothing. 

Plus they're both two of the best P4P. This fight should be bigger news. Oh well.
    GGG would disagree with that, but I'm with you for the most part. Should be a fun fight for whoever watches though 
    i might not even watch it. idk if i feel like spending saturday night at home and i''m assuming my local holes will not have the fight.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Not a fan of the end of that. Called way too early. Ward was gonna win but with the low blows kovalev should have had more time. 
  • pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    edited June 2017
    Not a fan of the end of that. Called way too early. Ward was gonna win but with the low blows kovalev should have had more time. 
    the shot the ref stopped the fight on was definitely a low blow. appeared that way to me anyways. 
    Post edited by pearldavidson on
    This is so fucking embarrassing

Manny is broke

ESPN just said this is as good as it gets while some kindergarten teacher and manny walk in in broad daylight in east bumblefuck 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    This video is why I'm not paying a cent for PPV ... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1mdXaMddo
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,144

Manny is broke

ESPN just said this is as good as it gets while some kindergarten teacher and manny walk in in broad daylight in east bumblefuck 
    I didn't see the fight. But everyone is saying Manny got robbed
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Manny is broke

I didn't see the fight. But everyone is saying Manny got robbed
    I passed out about half way through. The Australian dude was throwing a ton of punches and dictating the pace but wasn't landing much.

Sad manny is broke and its come to this
    Jason P said:
    This video is why I'm not paying a cent for PPV ... 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W1mdXaMddo
    Lol it's gonna be so bad. I'll be watching, but not paying for it
    Actually pumped for this broner and Garcia fight 

Gonna watch the Jon Jones fight too. From my hood and want to see him do well. One of his accidents was right outside my friends apartment, years after they lived there. 
    edited September 2017
    Fight weekend.  Bananas excited for the fight tomorrow. Canelo gets so little respect while GGG has everyone on his nuts, myself included, without fighting anyone really, largely because he has been avoided and there isn't much money in it.

I love both of these boxers. My heart tells me to take and pull for Canelo and that a win will give him the respect he deserves.  My gut tells me GGG is going to go all GGG on him and knock him out after destroying his body.  Jacobs was a bad fight though.  Did his age finally hit him?

I cannot wait.  Have a lunch meeting, will be going to the ECU-Virginia Tech game then watching the fight.  
    GGG is a mutant that you can hit in the head with a 2 x 4 and he will just smile back at you.  This is first PPV in quite some time that is a no brainer.
    Jason P said:
    GGG is a mutant that you can hit in the head with a 2 x 4 and he will just smile back at you.  This is first PPV in quite some time that is a no brainer.
    Yeah, I can't wait to see this. GGG going at him and canelo countering. It's going to be fun.
    Like I said I love these boxers so much and I don't want either to lose.

Just dropped a little dough on canelo though. I think this is his moment. The spot is too big for GGG and he lost a bit of power.

Mexico wins the national anthem...good god
    Well, I am very wrong so far. Only took GGG a few rounds to get going but he is rolling
    So GGG clearly the aggressor overall but canelo has landed more effective power shots. I think

This could go either way 
    edited September 2017
    Well we're getting more of these two fighting 
    I would not be mildly surprised if canelo gets this 
    Holy shit
    Overtime!! 
    118-110 canelo lol
    Outside of the insane card, I love that outcome and agree with it. Canelo had a tiny edge in power and %. I thought his power was more effective and if anyone was hurt more it was GGG. GGG was the aggressor and threw a shit load of jabs. Jabs don't decide a canelo-GGG fight. Get the next fight scheduled tomorrow 
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    118-110 canelo lol
    So ridiculous.
    Goddamn the corruption of boxing.  These motherfuckers finally have a prime fight and then slap anyone with half a brain on that decision.  
    How in the fuck can you call 118 - 110 in favor of a dude that was attacket back into the corners the entire night???   The judge should be arrested. Obvious shenanigans..

edited September 2017
    That card is crap but I am good with that fight being a draw. But yeah 10-2 is pure pure insanity. She is awful
    I disagree.  I am in no way happy with that being called a draw.  It's a travesty, a sham, and a mockery that this crap blatantly ruins the sport.  

It takes years of shenangans just to set up a card like last night, and then Vegas just poops on it. That score card is obvious Vegas corruption. Clear as day. 
    Nah, jabs don't win a GGG-Canelo fight. 114-114 or 115-113 are perfectly acceptable scores either way
    It was obvious in the Conner vs Mayweather fight when Vegas was scoring Mayweather a 2 – 1 favorite after 3 rounds. The bookies run the show. That was a fake boxing match.

Last night was a real boxing match and Vegas took dog poop and rubbed it in our face.