DID YOU SNOOZE?: Vault 7 Preorder now Ended. Also shipping and weather concerns.

Comments

• H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Zod said:
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Went to do it and shopping was 44 bucks.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    You can always purchase for $200+ on secondary market once these go out of stock.
    slh
    Jesus what a dismissive comment from slh
    He/She must be getting tired from all the b****ing about shipping :)
    I'd think as a business model if your customers are upset about something (ie.outrageous s&h costs) that a slightly more constructive response would be more appropriate. No?
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Zod said:
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    You can always purchase for $200+ on secondary market once these go out of stock.
    slh
    But its absurd. Not just in Canada, even the US. $11 to ship a single LP within the states? Half the cost of the item in shipping?
    I don't know why this issue is continued to be ignored. If these albums are available on Amazon, it will be half the price as buying through 10c after you consider shipping.
    Any other place, if it isn't free, would be about $4 to ship. How many bought Lets Play 2 on Amazon to begin with? And how many more canceled their order after they realized the price difference? Its gotta be killing their business. Its going to be the same with these reissues if they are available anywhere else. 
    I have a choice to pay $36 via 10c, or probably about $22 on Amazon, where do you think my money will go?
    As I mentioned, I would expect the membership to start dropping quickly without a new album or tour in the next year. I'll stay, a lot are going to second guess that $40 a year when they only buy 1 or 2 things a year from 10c.
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Zod said:
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    slh
    Not that it matters anything, but it's confirmed to be "HE".
  • H.ChinaskiH.Chinaski Brooklyn, NY Posts: 1,596
    Zod said:
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    slh
    Are you advertising yourself as a Trump supporter on here? Gross...
    Pine Knob, MI Lollapalooza 1992 / Soldier Field, Chicago 1995 / Savage Hall, Toledo 1996 / Palace, Detroit 1998 / Palace, Detroit 2000 / Pine Knob, MI 2003 / Showbox, Seattle 2004 / MSG, NYC 2008 / Key Arena I & II, Seattle 2009 / Eddie Vedder Beacon, NYC 2011 / Eddie Vedder Benaroya, Hall Seattle 2011 / Barclays, Brooklyn I &II 2013 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia II 2013 / Wuhlheide, Berlin, Germany 2014 / Wells Fargo, Philadelphia 1 2016 / Madison Square Garden, NYC 2 2016 / Wrigley 2, Chicago 2016/ Fenway 1, Boston 2018/
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    slh
    But its absurd. Not just in Canada, even the US. $11 to ship a single LP within the states? Half the cost of the item in shipping?
    I don't know why this issue is continued to be ignored. If these albums are available on Amazon, it will be half the price as buying through 10c after you consider shipping.
    Any other place, if it isn't free, would be about $4 to ship. How many bought Lets Play 2 on Amazon to begin with? And how many more canceled their order after they realized the price difference? Its gotta be killing their business. Its going to be the same with these reissues if they are available anywhere else. 
    I have a choice to pay $36 via 10c, or probably about $22 on Amazon, where do you think my money will go?
    As I mentioned, I would expect the membership to start dropping quickly without a new album or tour in the next year. I'll stay, a lot are going to second guess that $40 a year when they only buy 1 or 2 things a year from 10c.
    Again, with the Amazon thing a difference that I've mentioned before is the digital download. So they offer you free shipping on Lets Play Two if you are a Prime member, that's great, so is the fact that it will show up on release day. But, ON TOP OF THAT, you get the free mp3s immediately upon release.
    So if 10c wants to charge a reasonable fee to ship ($4-6 in US?), have it show up on or before (since it's THEIR album) release day, AND give us a download code - I'd order from them to support them directly.
    But when they charge double digits to ship within the US, usually takes 5-7 days for this CRAP shipping method, AND they expect you to pay another $10+ to purchase the download....no thanks
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    Zod said:
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    slh
    duly noted.. I wasn't sure :)
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    i agree with shipping prices. BUT the way to combat this issue? not whining...just don't buy things from the 10c. it's that simple. if you want the item bad enough, pay the shipping. but when there's alternative ways (amazon, etc.) then go that route. 10c is a much smaller business than amazon so there's no way they can charge their shipping prices. but i do agree, $11 to mail 1LP is pretty absurd. you can ship an LP coast to coast for $5 or less and take into account the wholesale cost of mailers then shipping shouldn't be more than $6 or $7, in my opinion.

but..."it's not what they're selling, it's what you're buying"

good day. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    slh
    It gets deep (pun intended) but I am curious of the financial relationship between the band and the 10c.   Does the 10c acquire things at costs, sell them, and give the net profit to the band?  Or do they acquire things at the same wholesale price other retailers acquire them at.  If 10c struggles with shipping, maybe it's better to let more things go to retail and not worry about retail distribution.  They can let pretty much every other company out there who handles shipping better take care of it.

There was that post about the 10c needing to handle the handling part of shipping, but I sort of assumed our 10c membership dues must bring in millions ever year, which would cover leases, bills, and a decent number of staff.  Sure they're not big enough to offer zero shipping like amazon, but I would expect similar rates to online indie record stores.

I'm in other fan clubs and none of them have the crazy shipping issues like 10c.  Metallica made their fan club free.  It's basically the equivalent of the digital membership for no cost.  You get a digital magazine, access to presale tickets and merch.   Their shipping fees are cheaper.

10c is awesome, but it does feel like there's room for improvement.   You don't want to bite the hand that feeds you, but constructive criticism, and comparing it to peers like other fan clubs or small indie record stores can't be that bad.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    As a business, if you buy it you're affirming their model.  If you don't, then they may listen.  Everyone bitches but then shells out the cash anyway, so in essence you're saying "I don't mind."  They know you'll buy it anyway, especially if it's a limited empty box.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    edited September 2017
    Who I support or don't support is anyone's business but mine.

That being said, I live in Italy, so go figure.
    By the way, I even have a poster of him at work (not kidding). People are surprised when they see it. But I need it in order to remind myself of the reality out there. Like the Governor did in The Walking Dead (people who watched the show know what I mean)

oh, and yeah, I did buy Vault 7. Can't wait until summer 2018 to get it.
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
    edited September 2017
    Zod said:
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    slh
    It gets deep (pun intended) but I am curious of the financial relationship between the band and the 10c.   Does the 10c acquire things at costs, sell them, and give the net profit to the band?  Or do they acquire things at the same wholesale price other retailers acquire them at.  If 10c struggles with shipping, maybe it's better to let more things go to retail and not worry about retail distribution.  They can let pretty much every other company out there who handles shipping better take care of it.

There was that post about the 10c needing to handle the handling part of shipping, but I sort of assumed our 10c membership dues must bring in millions ever year, which would cover leases, bills, and a decent number of staff.  Sure they're not big enough to offer zero shipping like amazon, but I would expect similar rates to online indie record stores.

I'm in other fan clubs and none of them have the crazy shipping issues like 10c.  Metallica made their fan club free.  It's basically the equivalent of the digital membership for no cost.  You get a digital magazine, access to presale tickets and merch.   Their shipping fees are cheaper.

10c is awesome, but it does feel like there's room for improvement.   You don't want to bite the hand that feeds you, but constructive criticism, and comparing it to peers like other fan clubs or small indie record stores can't be that bad.
    I've assumed since its the band's website and club, that they get their own merchandise below wholesale. Or at the very least dont have royalties to worry about on their own products. Okay, so maybe that cant offer free shipping like Amazon, but why is Amazon able to sell Pearl Jam's product for less than what Pearl Jam does, give free shipping and still turn a profit?
    Its like buying a new tool straight from the manufacturer and finding out it would have been cheaper to buy it from a middle-man at Home Depot. Doesn't make sense to me.
    The only things I purchase from 10c are 10c exclusive items like the vaults. Come about November 1 I'll buy some of the reissues too if they haven't popped up somewhere else, but 10c would be my last resort.
    I have a very small side business on Etsy to supplement my income (basically had to start it to cover the cost of healthcare when we had kids). I ship large homemade items like a spice rack in a box that is 28" x 18" x 4". Guess what that costs me to ship? About $15. A box big enough to fit 50 LPs in costs me $15 to ship, and still arrives in 3-4 days.  And I sell about 3-4 a week. How in the world does it cost $11 for a company as big as 10c to ship one LP? If they are paying more than $3 or $4 max to ship these things then they are just dumbasses that need to get fired so they can hire someone capable of managing a business.
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Last Call!! We have a small quantity left that we'll sell before we turn off the presale.
    slh
    Looks like these are finally gone from the shop!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    slh
    Bring on the $200 eBay sales now.......(but with free shipping) :lol:
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    As a business, if you buy it you're affirming their model.  If you don't, then they may listen.  Everyone bitches but then shells out the cash anyway, so in essence you're saying "I don't mind."  They know you'll buy it anyway, especially if it's a limited empty box.
    Anxiety driven purchasing.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Zod said:
    50 bucks. Fair enough.

Seriously?

No thanks.

@Santos L. Halper
    slh
    Both sides are "gross".  Vaults, however, are not

edited September 2017
    \I've assumed since its the band's website and club, that they get their own merchandise below wholesale. Or at the very least dont have royalties to worry about on their own products. Okay, so maybe that cant offer free shipping like Amazon, but why is Amazon able to sell Pearl Jam's product for less than what Pearl Jam does, give free shipping and still turn a profit?
    Its like buying a new tool straight from the manufacturer and finding out it would have been cheaper to buy it from a middle-man at Home Depot. Doesn't make sense to me.
    The only things I purchase from 10c are 10c exclusive items like the vaults. Come about November 1 I'll buy some of the reissues too if they haven't popped up somewhere else, but 10c would be my last resort.
    I have a very small side business on Etsy to supplement my income (basically had to start it to cover the cost of healthcare when we had kids). I ship large homemade items like a spice rack in a box that is 28" x 18" x 4". Guess what that costs me to ship? About $15. A box big enough to fit 50 LPs in costs me $15 to ship, and still arrives in 3-4 days.  And I sell about 3-4 a week. How in the world does it cost $11 for a company as big as 10c to ship one LP? If they are paying more than $3 or $4 max to ship these things then they are just dumbasses that need to get fired so they can hire someone capable of managing a business.
    Is 10c that big?  I always assumed staffing was fairly small, and that it was a smaller operation.  It's why I was comparing it to indie stores and stuff.  

I agree on the shipping though.   It's weird there's no USPS option.   It's probably the best option for both domestic and international delivery.  USPS is cheaper and more timely.   I think they used it for a while before switching to UPS.   UPS must do something value added to earn that business.   Maybe they picked up all the packages so 10c doesn't have to deal with that, and maybe USPS doesn't do stuff like that? 

I consider it big when they can sell how many thousands of mystery boxes in a couple days?
    Really what I meant is big in comparison to what I do. I was wrong on my dimensions by the way, if I can ship a box that is 37" x 18 x 4 for $15, surely they can ship an LP for a lot less than $11. And I'm a small/part time side business that does about $500 a month. I know there are bigger discounts in shipping the more business you do.
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    I hope everyone who wanted one made the order. Looks like ebay from here on out.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mace1229 said:
    I consider it big when they can sell how many thousands of mystery boxes in a couple days?
    Really what I meant is big in comparison to what I do. I was wrong on my dimensions by the way, if I can ship a box that is 37" x 18 x 4 for $15, surely they can ship an LP for a lot less than $11. And I'm a small/part time side business that does about $500 a month. I know there are bigger discounts in shipping the more business you do.
    I shipped a Trek road bike from Maryland to Arizona for $28 thru my work's account.  An LP shouldn't cost 1/3 of that.
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    edited September 2017
    "You can always purchase for $200+ on secondary market once these go out of stock."

Wow...I can't even imagine ever responding to one of my customers like this and not either getting a serious reprimand or shown the door.

realize there's been a lot of gripes lately about shipping costs (which for the most part, are more than valid in my opinion), and 10C is probably getting tired of hearing them, but that is a highly unprofessional response. I think something along the lines of "We strive to offer you the products and services we think our members want, while continuing to monitor the best methods of direct shipping to you via the 10C" would have been more appropriate.

There have been more than enough examples given as to how 10C shipping prices are very cost prohibitive to their member base, so I'm not going to get into that specifically, but I am going to reemphasize something that mace1229 said: "At some point, without an album and tour in the near future, I would predict a steady decline in membership when you can buy most of the same items elsewhere for less with free shipping."  I have been a fan of Pearl Jam since the Alive video premiered on MTV in 1991, and a 10C member since 1995. Had I not been stationed in the military overseas for 3 years, I probably would have joined much earlier. The only real reason I have kept that membership in place for 20+ years is the opportunity to purchase fan club tickets to shows. Everything else is a bonus to me. I still expect to receive the analog member item and the annual fan club single in a timely manner, as I am also paying for those items, but they are not my primary motivation for continuing to remain a member. Pearl Jam haven't played my city (Las Vegas) in 11 years. I was able to travel to L.A. in 2013 for the Lightning Bolt tour, so that was nice, but still, unless I travel across the country, it's now several years between the shows I even have the opportunity to try and purchase tickets for. That being said, it is becoming harder and harder to justify remaining a member of this fan club in recent years, especially with responses like the one Thirty Bills Unpaid received. 

I will continue to purchase new music from the band, and I am very happy to finally complete my vinyl collection of studio albums. But other than the Vault vinyl releases, there's not much I can justify purchasing directly from 10C anymore. If there's a market for $40 dog collars and $100 jackets, that's cool - just not for me. In terms of shipping, I don't expect them to compete with Amazon, but if all of these releases are available from indie record stores or other retailers for the same price or cheaper, and I can have it in hand sometimes days/weeks earlier than getting from 10C, while not having to worry about damage in transit (which I've had happen on multiple occasions), than it's a no-brainer to purchase elsewhere. And if the band does decide to play a show near me at some point, I don't think I'll have any trouble getting a ticket at a reasonable price through TM or some other source. With the comparison to other bands and how they run their fan clubs, and how the last several years have seen 10C increase their membership cost, the inflated shipping prices, the decline in new music/tours, the lack of info. and delays on pre-sale items, etc., I have an ever-increasing doubt in my mind that I'll be renewing when my membership becomes due next year. :(
    Post edited by drummerboy_73 on
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
    All good points.   I tend to agree with a lot of it (if not all of it).  I'm in area that tends to get a concert every couple of years (between Vancouver and Seattle it's maybe 3 years tops without a show).   I'll keep my membership going because seniority matters for those tickets (and I collect the xmas singles).  I've debated going analog to digital to save a few bucks (And track down the xmas single after.. meh too much effort).

It would be nice if 10c was a bit more transparent, and they adapted to the big concerns (you can't please everyone, but the big ones maybe they're worth listening too).  10c has a monopoly on exclusive pj stuff and pj tickets so it keeps them flush.   If they didn't have that exclusive access to band stuff, they'd need to be a bit hungrier to work on improvement.

At least with Santos' response, you know, that they know shipping isn't working.   I suppose that's why the new UPS option turned up, but it's just as bad as mail innovations (if not worse for international, because regular ups charges an arm and a leg to calculate and assess cross border tax).   Hopefully one day they ditch the ups experiment and go back the good 'ole united states postal service :)
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    Zod, it's been nearly 4 years since we got a PJ show in the region. Who would have thunk it, living pretty much where the band does! ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    drumerboy....all excellant points.  well said!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod, it's been nearly 4 years since we got a PJ show in the region. Who would have thunk it, living pretty much where the band does! ;)
    We had Pemberton last year.   It was pretty awesome :)   Driving wise, I think Pemberton was as much effort to go to as a Seattle show.  It wasn't bad at all.
  • jason_94jason_94 Toledo, OH Posts: 1,872
    Unfortunately, I haven't been here for some time now. Even more unfortunate is the fact I completely forgot about this until a day or 2 after the presale ended. All of it is my fault. So, I'm not complaining or blaming anyone at all. Well, except for myself. Hopefully I can find one somewhere without getting raked over the coals for it.
    3/22/94 Cleveland, OH
    9/21/96 Toronto, ON
    8/26/98 Cleveland, OH
    5/09/10 Cleveland, OH
    9/03/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    9/04/11 East Troy, WI PJ20
    7/19/13 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 Buffalo, NY
    12/06/13 Seattle, WA
    10/16/14 Detroit, MI
    10/17/14 Moline, IL
    8/20/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago, IL Wrigley Field
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    We had Pemberton last year.   It was pretty awesome :)   Driving wise, I think Pemberton was as much effort to go to as a Seattle show.  It wasn't bad at all.
    Ooohhh yeah. I forgot about Pemberton. I didn't go because summer music festivals are torture, lol. My sister even has a house in whistler where I could have stayed, but no, I can't tolerate a hot summer fest anymore. John Bonham would have to come back from the dead and then Led Zeppelin would have to reunite for me to attend one at this point. :lol:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Zod said:
    All good points.   I tend to agree with a lot of it (if not all of it).  I'm in area that tends to get a concert every couple of years (between Vancouver and Seattle it's maybe 3 years tops without a show).   I'll keep my membership going because seniority matters for those tickets (and I collect the xmas singles).  I've debated going analog to digital to save a few bucks (And track down the xmas single after.. meh too much effort).

It would be nice if 10c was a bit more transparent, and they adapted to the big concerns (you can't please everyone, but the big ones maybe they're worth listening too).  10c has a monopoly on exclusive pj stuff and pj tickets so it keeps them flush.   If they didn't have that exclusive access to band stuff, they'd need to be a bit hungrier to work on improvement.

At least with Santos' response, you know, that they know shipping isn't working.   I suppose that's why the new UPS option turned up, but it's just as bad as mail innovations (if not worse for international, because regular ups charges an arm and a leg to calculate and assess cross border tax).   Hopefully one day they ditch the ups experiment and go back the good 'ole united states postal service :)
    They stopped doing seniority on tickets liek 10+ years ago didnt they? isnt it just random or a lottery now for where your seats are?
    But I won't cancel for the same two reasons, xmas singles and seniority (just in case it ever matters in the future).
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ooohhh yeah. I forgot about Pemberton. I didn't go because summer music festivals are torture, lol. My sister even has a house in whistler where I could have stayed, but no, I can't tolerate a hot summer fest anymore. John Bonham would have to come back from the dead and then Led Zeppelin would have to reunite for me to attend one at this point. :lol:
    I liked the way we did it.  We stayed in Squamish and we heard nightmares about taking the shuttles from Whistler.  Someone on the forum posted about a 2nd parking lot about 3km north of the venue with it's own shuttle bus.    We grabbed our wristbands in Whistler, drove to Pemberton, parked in the lot, grabbed the shuttle to the venue around 4pm.   Got in, watched Jesse Roper, Noel Gallagher and PJ.    A bit a of crapshow at the end for shuttle buses, but the car was only 3km away.  That's a 30 to 40 minute walk.  Not bad at all.  It was such an amazing place for a show.   I liked the mix of the crowd too... it felt like half PJ veterans, and the other half the young complete weekend festival goers.  They didn't know what they were into, it was amazing watching all their faces melt :)

The key to seeing PJ play a festival is don't go to the festival all day.   Just treat it as a concert they're headlining and show up in time to see the first band you want to see.   I thoroughly enjoyed Calgary '09 too, and there were no other decent bands at that festival.   90% of the crowd showed up about an hour before PJ started.  

I felt like a pro.  If the festival didn't go bankrupt I was fully ready to do it again if PJ ever returned.  Beautiful spot for a concert and we knew all the ins and outs of how to make it work.   There were also private home/land owners selling parking close to the venue too, so all the stories about not being able to drive to it were unfounded.

I guess it still comes down to I feel pretty lucky.    Between the Vancouver area and the Seattle area, there's at least a show every 2 or 3 years.   That seems a lot better than many of fellow 10c'ers have.   The best place to live for seeing PJ is probably the NorthEast/MidWest united states.  I would say living halfway between Vancouver and Seattle is probably 2nd :)
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    PJ_Soul said:
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Don't visit Austin Texas EVER then, it only gets down to about 50 in the winters nowadays.... 100 degrees at ACL is not an oddity!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Looking forward to this vault. Ready for a Vault 8 preorder :smiley: