Ten, Binaural, Riot Act & Pearl Jam LP reissues & six 7" singles

Comments

• I want them all....especially Avocado(been waiting a long time for this), but I can't justify the shipping cost to Canada. I'll wait until they appear on Amazon.
  • pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    pjman75 said:
    They will be the same what 10club, Bull Moose, Amazon etc.. will be selling.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    demetrios said:
    pjman75 said:
    They will be the same what 10club, Bull Moose, Amazon etc.. will be selling.
    The original pressings were colored if I'm not mistaken.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • pjman75pjman75 Indiana Posts: 836
    Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.
    I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.

8/17/98 Noblesville, 8/18/00 Noblesville, 6/5/03 San Diego, 6/22/03 Noblesville, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 5/7/10 Noblesville, 9/15/11 Hamilton, 11/21/12 Memphis (Ed w/ Glen), 7/19/13 Wrigley, 10/11/13 Pittsburgh, 10/01/14 Cincinnati, 10/03/14 Saint Louis, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/26/16 Lexington, 5/1/16 NYC, 5/2/16 NYC, 8/20/16 Wrigley, 8/22/16 Wrigley (For Hank), 8/18/18 Wrigley, 8/20/18 Wrigley (For Hank), 9/18/22 Saint Louis, 9/5/23 Chicago, 9/7/23 Chicago
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    only this one has Ten
     http://amzn.to/2x04mgR
    I miss igotid88
  • JT167846 said:
    Does anybody know if the Avocado remix will be on CD as well? Have been looking but haven't found confirmation of that. I don't collect vinyl as I move around a lot, but would be cool to have on CD. I remember May 2, 2006 should have been the best musical release day ever as my two favourite bands released albums that day (10000 Days by Tool), but I preordered both and neither showed up LOL. Would love to have the CD singles for the Avocado and LB singles (as well as Bu$hleaguer and Amongst The Waves) too. Hell all the singles not out on CD such as In Hiding and DTE would rock.
    Tim from 10c said that digital versions would be available. I'm going to assume that CD pressings won't happen. I'd assume they'd been available for preorder if they were going to be printed. 
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited September 2017
    So Save You and WWS have never been released on vinyl before? And now WWS and Life Wasted share a single? In 2006, Life Wasted shared  a 7'' with a live version of Come Back?

Gone should have been released :(

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Kinda shocked Amazon Canada & USA hasn't put up the new Pearl Jam reissue albums & 7" singles.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    demetrios said:
    Kinda shocked Amazon Canada & USA hasn't put up the new Pearl Jam reissue albums & 7" singles.
    Amazon.com usually beats .ca by a long time with putting things on the site, I would have expected it there by now.
    edited September 2017
    Rygar said:
    demetrios said:
    Amazon.com usually beats .ca by a long time with putting things on the site, I would have expected it there by now.
    Amazon USA just put up their vinyl, which are all "currently unavailable" but the placeholder are there for each.

igotid88 said:

It's only time for Amazon Canada

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    Anyone know if the CD/mp3 versions are the remastered (and remixed for avocado) versions?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    amazon us preorder up and running.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    Ten  $20.60
    http://amzn.to/2jsk3dm
    Binaural  $24.69
    http://amzn.to/2jqJhJ4
    Riot Act  $24.69
    http://amzn.to/2jrcqnI
    Pearl Jam  $24.69
    http://amzn.to/2jt87Is
    I miss igotid88
  • epieepie Posts: 290
    So I ordered the 4 albums plus all the 7" singles and the empty box and paying $30 for shipping costs.  I am considering cancelling but the box alone is probably going to be at least $12 to ship.  I guess I'll wait and see if all the 7" singles become available.  Once again would be nice to know if the 10C versions of these albums will be a little extra special but I guess that is unlikely....Wish 10C could make these decisions a little easier for us to make.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    Bring back the empty box!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Everyone likes a nice clean box.....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • bigdeathbigdeath Chicago Posts: 80
    Does any of the vinyl ever come with an MP3 download code?
  • So Save You and WWS have never been released on vinyl before? And now WWS and Life Wasted share a single? In 2006, Life Wasted shared  a 7'' with a live version of Come Back?

Gone should have been released :(

Oh man! You and I are usually on the same page around here, but not Gone. Not only should it not have been a single, but it should not have made the album. I really hate the arrangement in the studio. The acoustic guitar should have been an electric with some delay. Ed's vocals are a mess on the whole album, so redo those. A cool tom pattern by Matt in the prechorus would build it nice. Certainly a couple of lyric changes as well. Then maybe, maaaaaaaybe, it could be okay. 
    My vote for third single from that album is Market. Catchiest vocal melody in a chorus since Light Years. 
  • PSUS2H said:
    I wonder when another batch of Uke Song's vinyl will be released.  Can't believe that's been OOP so long.
    Or just an eddie solo album. Which would inevitably have some uke on it. 
    96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • bone said:
    About the 2Lp vs. singles as others mentioned that's how they were originally issued.  Also, I think the album lengths on these were a bit high for single LPs as anything over 50 minutes the sound degrades quickly.  FYI though Avocado bunches the first twelve tracks onto 3 sides leaving Inside Job  as a lone track on Side D/4
    Binaural: 52 mins (1 LP would be 26 per side)
    Riot Act: 54 mins (1 LP would be 27 per side)
    Avocado: 50 mins (1 LP would be 25 per side)

From a pro who cuts records: 

Deciding How Long To Make Each Side Of Your Vinyl Record

http://www.masterdisk.com/deciding-long-make-side-vinyl-record/

Under 18 minutes, I could cut almost anything.  As loud as wanted up to the groove distorting.  Full bass, metal, rock—it’s all good.

Between 18-22 minutes, I’m going to depend on a ballad or acoustic song to help with the length. If not, I’ll have to lower the level 2 or 3 db at 22 mins compared to 18 min.

From 22-26 minutes, I might have to lower the level more, or roll off a little bass. This depends on the client’s preference for bass/full/warm sounds vs level.

Over 25 minutes, it’s very likely—even for jazz—that i’ll have to lower the level, maybe clean up the low bass, and maybe more.

96 Hartford | 98 MSG 1 & 2 | 00 Jones Beach | 03 MSG 1 & 2 | 06 Irving Plaza | 06 Camden | 06 E. Rutherford | 08 MSG 1 & 2 | 10 MSG 1 & 2 | 11 EV/Portland | 13 Wrigley | 13 Brooklyn 1 & 2 | 13 Hartford | 13 Portland | 13 Seattle | 14 Stockholm | 17 EV/Tennessee | 18 Missoula
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,842
    Deadman said:
    It deserves its own thread! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Deadman said:
    It deserves its own thread! 
    I call dibs on starting it...so maybe when there is an Empty Box Mystery Box, they'll send me one
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    I'm happy for others these have finally all been reissued. But I'm so glad I have all the originals and don't need to spend money. Even happier I don't feel a need for a $50 empty box that says Pearl Jam on it. (A $50 empty box actually sold out?!?)
    I'm happy for others these have finally all been reissued. But I'm so glad I have all the originals and don't need to spend money. Even happier I don't feel a need for a $50 empty box that says Pearl Jam on it. (A $50 empty box actually sold out?!?)
    I thought the same! They looked similar to the 10 deluxe and Vs/Vitalogy ones, and I didnt even like those. Wasn't about to pay $45 for an empty one. Was surprised there was a big demand for it
    Wow, 10c is actually 70 cents cheaper than Amazon. But with the shipping with Amazon I'd be able to make an extra mortgage payment this month.
  • BK5403 said:
    bone said:
    About the 2Lp vs. singles as others mentioned that's how they were originally issued.  Also, I think the album lengths on these were a bit high for single LPs as anything over 50 minutes the sound degrades quickly.  FYI though Avocado bunches the first twelve tracks onto 3 sides leaving Inside Job  as a lone track on Side D/4
    Binaural: 52 mins (1 LP would be 26 per side)
    Riot Act: 54 mins (1 LP would be 27 per side)
    Avocado: 50 mins (1 LP would be 25 per side)

From a pro who cuts records: 

Deciding How Long To Make Each Side Of Your Vinyl Record

http://www.masterdisk.com/deciding-long-make-side-vinyl-record/

Under 18 minutes, I could cut almost anything.  As loud as wanted up to the groove distorting.  Full bass, metal, rock—it’s all good.

Between 18-22 minutes, I’m going to depend on a ballad or acoustic song to help with the length. If not, I’ll have to lower the level 2 or 3 db at 22 mins compared to 18 min.

From 22-26 minutes, I might have to lower the level more, or roll off a little bass. This depends on the client’s preference for bass/full/warm sounds vs level.

Over 25 minutes, it’s very likely—even for jazz—that i’ll have to lower the level, maybe clean up the low bass, and maybe more.

Fascinating stuff. Thanks for sharing.
    edited September 2017
    Does anyone know which version of Ten is being released?
    Says original mix, but is it original, or remastered original that came out a few years ago?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    edited September 2017
    demetrios said:
    Rygar said:
    demetrios said:
    Amazon USA just put up their vinyl, which are all "currently unavailable" but the placeholder are there for each.

igotid88 said:

It's only time for Amazon Canada

Excellent, thanks for the update!
    Do you know if Amazon.ca had the singles last go round?