Is this copy of Lightning Bolt worth anything.

I'm going to trim my Pearl Jam collection a little. Is there any value in a sealed copy of the Lightning Bolt replacement disc in the black sleeve. If I hold onto this for another while will people be keen to snap it up.

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Is this a red one? If so, then yeah, it has some value.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    I have a red copy that I'm keeping I just wondered if the black sealed disc had made it to collectible status yet.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    No, that isn't worth anything, really. Maybe $10 - $15. It will never reach collectible status. There are too many of them and they don't even come with the album art. Even the actual full black LB package will never reach collectible status, again because there are a ton of them, now that vinyl made a come back. Rarity and collectibility go hand in hand. That's why your red one is worth something. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    No, that isn't worth anything, really. Maybe $10 - $15. It will never reach collectible status. There are too many of them and they don't even come with the album art. Even the actual full black LB package will never reach collectible status, again because there are a ton of them, now that vinyl made a come back. Rarity and collectibility go hand in hand. That's why your red one is worth something. :)
    Thanks, the reason I ask is really stupid. I live in the UK so was going to fill "the box" with EU reissues/ pressings and realised my Lightning Bolt black and replacement disc is the US version so it will bug me it's not the supposedly slightly better pressed EU press. Its sounds ridiculous really but I don't like owning more than two copies of a record. Original copy for collectors purposes and the best reissue on the market to play.
    edited September 2017
    FR181798 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Thanks, the reason I ask is really stupid. I live in the UK so was going to fill "the box" with EU reissues/ pressings and realised my Lightning Bolt black and replacement disc is the US version so it will bug me it's not the supposedly slightly better pressed EU press. Its sounds ridiculous really but I don't like owning more than two copies of a record. Original copy for collectors purposes and the best reissue on the market to play.
    Lol. I totally get that. If they're all EU versions, you gotta keep the collection pure. :lol:;)  Maybe for the sake of continuity, break your 2-record rule this time?
    So you think the EU pressings are better quality?? In what way? Sound?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "The European Canon is here!"
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJ_Soul said:
    FR181798 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Lol. I totally get that. If they're all EU versions, you gotta keep the collection pure. :lol:;)  Maybe for the sake of continuity, break your 2-record rule this time?
    Those first US pressings had many defects, grubby, skipping etc. No bad reports regarding the EU pressing.
    FR181798 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    FR181798 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Those first US pressings had many defects, grubby, skipping etc. No bad reports regarding the EU pressing.
    Yes, but they corrected that problem, so US copies being sold now should be clean.
    Correct, new US copies are the same as the replacement ones in the plain black sleeve. Technically it's a 2nd pressing and you know these things matter to collectors. Unless you open a new copy, there is no way of knowing if it's a 1st or second press. I doubt if all the bad pressing was recalled.