what's on your mind, right now?

Comments

• njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    Scidoo!!!!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    "I'm alive"

Someone precious in my life said those words to me just recently.  It really can be as simple as that, at times.

Nancy, keep in your good (mental) place, keep that happiness as much as you can.
    hedonist said:
    "I'm alive"

Someone precious in my life said those words to me just recently.  It really can be as simple as that, at times.

Nancy, keep in your good (mental) place, keep that happiness as much as you can.

i try everyday hedonist. And after losing my brother and sister at an age when they should still be here, I have to figure I am here for a reason and I'm being put through the wringer to be ready to handle anything.  I love your posts. I'm alive is sometimes just good enough. And while I am, I get to keep trying and making mistakes and learning. If I am feeling emotions, even if they suck, it means I'm a breathing human being. 

Won't let the darkness swallow me; won't let the light escape from me! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    njnancy said:
    Scidoo!!!!
     ;) 
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,122
    njnancy said:
    I have nothing on my mind by choice (it's all pushed behind the gate that lets me be).  That should hold for a bit.

So happy I came into this thread. In just the two pages I read I have seen names i have known since i joined 4 1/2 years ago. I haven't been on much, but that is true of all sites and places since my diagnosis. When I do come here, it's so nice to see how people are - or just to see a known avatar of a person I have cyber affection for.

So happy for you brianlux - that must be such an accomplished feeling!!

Congratulations northerndragon - being an Aunt is a wonderful thing. 

jnimhaoileion - I would be in a panic in the same situation. Sounds like a great idea, then when the time comes to do so you think 'what the hell?'. I admire you for stepping out of your comfort zone to meet people that you know only through this type of communication. In other places of the internet I have made some life long friends. I also have met people that I realized that I was just not clicking with. You can always meet them and if it feels weird - go your own way. Good luck!!!!

I see you hedonist and PJ_Soul and Pap (one of my first 'friends' in the rate the song thread!!! Hope you are well!) and Annafalk  and smallest ocean and cuddly Hobbes. You all put a smile on my face. Especially the names i forgot to include. 
    Hey Nancy! It's always great to have you back here! :smile: I hope everything's fine for you these days!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
    njnancy said:
    hedonist said:
    "I'm alive"

i try everyday hedonist. And after losing my brother and sister at an age when they should still be here, I have to figure I am here for a reason and I'm being put through the wringer to be ready to handle anything.  I love your posts. I'm alive is sometimes just good enough. And while I am, I get to keep trying and making mistakes and learning. If I am feeling emotions, even if they suck, it means I'm a breathing human being. 

Won't let the darkness swallow me; won't let the light escape from me! Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuRaZNhpD_8

Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited September 2017
    The peace of mind knowing a plumber removed my old sink  and installed a new kitchen sink and  faucet today. Two hours.  To me that says a lot as a DIY self handyman.  Twice this year I've called upon a plumber because I am done convincing myself that I am an expert from watching You tube videos.  
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    ^ Sometimes that is the way to go. My ex tried to repair our running toilet for two years. He'd "fix" one thing and then something else would break. We spent more money on repairing it ourselves then if we had just hired a professional. Glad you have a new sink and a little peace of mind to boot. 
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    On my mind right now is a sadness so deep that i can't think or feel enough of passionately expressed poetry. 

Deep deep ocean of loss
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Shyner said:
    On my mind right now is a sadness so deep that i can't think or feel enough of passionately expressed poetry. 

Deep deep ocean of loss
    ((((Sending hugs and healing vibes))))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop

njnancy said:
    hedonist said:
    "I'm alive"

((((Hugs & healing vibes)))) to you too, njnancy
     Fifthelement said:

njnancy said:
    hedonist said:
    "I'm alive"

((((Hugs & healing vibes)))) to you too, njnancy

Thank you fifth, cyber hugs rock! (I tried to type/swype 'rock'  three times on  my new phone & it kept giving me fuck with dick as an alternate choice. I guess my dictionary is finally saving stuff.) Hugs & positive energy back atcha. 
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    If Pearl Jam will announce an Australian tour...
    The purity, the kindness, of some people never fails to floor and bring me humility - and gratitude.

Thank you to those who got me through a recent rough ride.

I hope you know how utterly beautiful you are to me :)
    It's been looking a little Apocalyptic this past week . . . This morning:

Last night:

• bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    Teenage years
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    edited September 2017

Having something too eat...

Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    I'm thinking about how proud I am of my sons, and how they have turned out to be the best sort of young men -- intelligent, kind, compassionate, generous, and true to themselves. The fact that they are explicitly appreciative of the support my husband and I have provided over the years -- at an age (college!) when many young people can't be bothered to talk to their parents -- is the icing on the cake. 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    I'm thinking about how proud I am of my sons, and how they have turned out to be the best sort of young men -- intelligent, kind, compassionate, generous, and true to themselves. The fact that they are explicitly appreciative of the support my husband and I have provided over the years -- at an age (college!) when many young people can't be bothered to talk to their parents -- is the icing on the cake. 
    This is fantastic, and reminds me of my niece and nephew (mid and early-20's, respectively), with whom I spent a bit of time yesterday.

Cheers to you and your husband (as well as to my sister and BIL).
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Interview tomorrow. Boy, do I want this one. I took videos of me answering different questions. After reviewing it I decided to add a little more inflection in my answers so that I don't sound like a machine. I'm looking forward to this interview! 
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
    ^ Good luck! :lucky:
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Ms. Haiku said:
    Interview tomorrow. Boy, do I want this one. I took videos of me answering different questions. After reviewing it I decided to add a little more inflection in my answers so that I don't sound like a machine. I'm looking forward to this interview! 
    How'd it go?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    PJ_Soul said:
    Ms. Haiku said:
    How'd it go?

:worried:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I thought the interview went well. If I get a follow-up interview it will be in October.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I thought the interview went well. If I get a follow-up interview it will be in October.
    Good luck!!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    edited September 2017
    I am ready for Irma to dissipate into the ether. We got some pretty good wind and a lot of rain today (will continue on until probably midnight or so). However, I'm in the dreaded right front quadrant so there's a good possibility of tornados occurring. I know there were a few in the Charleston area.

All that said, prayers and good thoughts go out to those in Florida. The footage I saw from Naples was truly disastrous. 
    Post edited by markymark550 on
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I miss artistic expression between the brain and heart tonight. 
    Come on Greece!!!!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

23scidoo said:
    Come on Greece!!!!!!
    Greece may or may not appreciate that :whistle:

I've been thinking about how randomness and destiny are intertwined.

"how radiating, celestial bodies fatefully collide"

(yes, I am listening to Puscifer - and while I know it's about the birth of Maynard's daughter, it applies too to the birth of precious relationships)
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.