Pete Townshend brings Classic Quadrophenia to Rosemont Theatre Sept 13 with Eddie Vedder

Comments

• andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    upgraded my single ....have a pair available at FACE VALUE  $200 for the pair 
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    edited September 2017
    Price drops down to $250 for seats within 10 rows of the stage.
    Edit: all remaining seats are now $250 + fees (~$275)
    Post edited by tschav on
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    Wow!  Thanks for the heads up.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Crazy.  Safe to say this won't be in Chicago next year.

They should announce right now that EV will play a full set to open and sell out the place.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,292
    I am hoping that they move people out of the balcony into the lower seats so that they are not playing to an empty theater.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,360
    This is really shocking. I would kill to be at this show, but its just too far for midweek travel!  I thought Chicago would fill this up for sure. This would never happen in NY, Phily, Boston...
    RS65573 said:
    This is really shocking. I would kill to be at this show, but its just too far for midweek travel!  I thought Chicago would fill this up for sure. This would never happen in NY, Phily, Boston...
    The theater is not really in Chicago.  It's about 30-45 minutes away from the city in the burbs.  I think that ticket sales would be slightly better if the show was in the city.
    I agree with a previous poster that not having The Who in town the week of the show is impacting sales compared to last year.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    RS65573 said:
    I think it was over-priced.  Most decent seats were $500-$1,000.  It's for charity but it's still hard for people to justify.  A no-brainer for me if it was an EV show, but it was hard for me to pull the trigger for a few EV songs.  I don't know what kind of draw PT has.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,330
    PJ-Cubs said:
    I am hoping that they move people out of the balcony into the lower seats so that they are not playing to an empty theater.
    Has something like that ever been done in the past
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Has something like that ever been done in the past
    I have seen it with smaller theater shows
    RS65573 said:
    I think it was over-priced.  Most decent seats were $500-$1,000.  It's for charity but it's still hard for people to justify.  A no-brainer for me if it was an EV show, but it was hard for me to pull the trigger for a few EV songs.  I don't know what kind of draw PT has.

I agree that the price was a contributing factor but I also think the fact that the show's content is also impacting ticket sales.  The "music of The Who" probably appeals to a much broader audience than a show focused a single album.  Quadrophenia is probably a bit of an acquired taste for your average classic rock fan.  Not everyone loves a good rock opera/concept album.
    I know that I was much more excited about last year's show than I am about tomorrow night.
  • cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,625
    I have a pair for sale 104 row b. 
    cmalisze said:
    I have a pair for sale 104 row b. 
    How much?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    RS65573 said:
    They should pull a Nickelback. I saw in a TM email today saying that there is now a 25% discount on all tickets, since they can't sell them, lol. I didn't think Pete Townsend would have the same problem though!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    $550
  • the less rowdy who fans the better
    last time at the rosemont it was messy in the front balcony...but it was a "who" show afterall :)
    this is way different than that for sure. please, no drunking dancing this time!
    it's a sit down(and shut up lol) event, and i'm def ok with that. i don't expect a lot of ev time/songs...
    but, for the experience alone, with pete there, and having everyone there for the right reasons, priceless
  • EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    I tried upgrading a third time and Ticketmaster did not let me.  I would have been better off waiting to buy tickets the day before
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
    anyone for 104 row b?
  • have a pair available below face:

108 Row AA-  400$ for the pair
    Still available?  Will you sell one for $150?
    Anyone
  • SHAKYSHAKY Posts: 16
    edited September 2017
    I tried upgrading a third time and Ticketmaster did not let me.  I would have been better off waiting to buy tickets the day before
    Really. They let me do it. But my first upgrade I went to a higher priced ticket. Maybe try again with a different person and say you have no problem with the service charge. Worth a shot. That's what I did the third time. Good luck
    104 row B!
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    I know this is a Townshend/Quad show but if you're implementing Eddie into the set and tagging him as a special guest where does he end up in the show? Haven't heard anything about a pre-set....just wondering. This is a highly structured set and doesn't vary night to night. So....Just curious what other people think on this note. And were the tickets more expensive in light of Eddie's participation? I've got a tick and I'm stoked to hear Quad but I am curious on this end.
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
    I'm guessing he'll step in for a few songs and take over other's parts. Maybe there's something else, but I'd be more inclined to think so if it wasn't a stop on a touring show. I think a few others posted the possible songs he'll be part of.

Tickets are more expensive because they made this specific show a fundraiser for Teen Cancer America. I think ticket sales would've gone up more if they managed to have it in a Chicago proper venue vs Rosemont, as I'm still debating the trip if I can time the blue line from the city.
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    edited September 2017
    have a pair available below face:

108 Row AA-  450$ for the pair
    300$ for the pair
    300$ pair, 150$ singles 108 row AA   *SOLD*
    Post edited by rustneversleeps on
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 567
    Keep an eye on that ticketmaster page today. I would not be at all surprised if they drop everything down to $100 this afternoon. There is no way they are going to want that lower section 50% empty. If they don't do it online they'll do it at the show.
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Pete was quoted in something I read that it's going to be a little different because it's a charity show, but there was nothing specific mentioned as to what it might be. So, hopefully that involves something extra with Ed.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    Interesting. Curtains are up at 8?
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 567
    Yep - 8:00