2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• I had a thought while on the treadmill today (not sure if it's been said already).

Could it be that they originally ordered 1000 of the box set but decided to drop it to 500, thus leaving 500 empty boxes to sell.
    Since the empties sold so fast and there are so many wanting it maybe they will order another run...we can only hope!
    It's a good thought. Usually if a box set is limited, an artist typically wouldn't sell just the box, so your theory is plausible. 
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I had a thought while on the treadmill today (not sure if it's been said already).

Could it be that they originally ordered 1000 of the box set but decided to drop it to 500, thus leaving 500 empty boxes to sell.
    Since the empties sold so fast and there are so many wanting it maybe they will order another run...we can only hope!
    It's a good thought. Usually if a box set is limited, an artist typically wouldn't sell just the box, so your theory is plausible. 
    Does anybody else read the posts by @mookieblalock in Larry David's voice?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dankind said:
    I had a thought while on the treadmill today (not sure if it's been said already).

Does anybody else read the posts by @mookieblalock in Larry David's voice?
    If not, you should try it. it's Pretty....pretty...pretty...pretty good.
  • I'm pretty certain I'm gonna cancel my order. I own 9 out of 10 vinyls and $40-50 for extra copys and a box is not really worth it. Not with my economy. But have to build up the courage to cancel. Will take a few days. Haha.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • I'm pretty certain I'm gonna cancel my order. I own 9 out of 10 vinyls and $40-50 for extra copys and a box is not really worth it. Not with my economy. But have to build up the courage to cancel. Will take a few days. Haha.
    If there is something really cool in there you'll be upset!
    If there is something really cool in there you'll be upset!
    The only thing that would upset me, is if Mirroball 2 is in there.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I'm pretty certain I'm gonna cancel my order. I own 9 out of 10 vinyls and $40-50 for extra copys and a box is not really worth it. Not with my economy. But have to build up the courage to cancel. Will take a few days. Haha.
    Let me know if/when you'll do it, so I can email them in order to claim your copy.. I know, I'm a sucker. I have all the originals (inluding four copies of Binaural), but, as I said it, I'm a sucker and I need help.
  • 4 copies of Binaural is fine; 5 would be ostentatious.
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    I find the lack of communication with regards to some of the recent releases frustrating. A little transparency or even answers to the questions that are being asked would be appreciated.

1. Does the boxset include the same pressings as the all reissues?
    2. What is different about the OG Ten? Is it just a different cover than what was pressed a few years ago
    3. Are the singles on colored vinyl or not?
    4. What (if anything) is different about the boxset releases?
    5. Is there a possibility the empty box will be restocked?
    6. Let's Play Two - what is different with the 10C release? Is it just the cover is a glossy finish.

It's like they withhold information to increase sales based on the possibility that something may be different coming from 10C (randomly signed items, random coloured vinyl, etc).

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Hawk123 said:
    It's like they withhold information to increase sales based on the possibility that something may be different coming from 10C (randomly signed items, random coloured vinyl, etc).
    Of course
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    4 copies of Binaural is fine; 5 would be ostentatious.
    I agree with you. I don't want people to think that I'm obsessed.
    Is this a joke about the Seattle mayor?
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    Hawk123 said:
    I find the lack of communication with regards to some of the recent releases frustrating. A little transparency or even answers to the questions that are being asked would be appreciated.

2. What is different about the OG Ten? Is it just a different cover than what was pressed a few years ago
    6. Let's Play Two - what is different with the 10C release? Is it just the cover is a glossy finish.

All great questions, Ten seems to be the original master and not the redux, at least that's what I take away from seeing OG (original). 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PSUS2H said:
    Hawk123 said:

All great questions, Ten seems to be the original master and not the redux, at least that's what I take away from seeing OG (original). 
    Ha, I thought the opposite. I figured since the band is pretty open about not liking the original mix, this is the version from a few years back, but with the original cover.
    I have the original pressing, but would like to keep my originals separate from reissues. Would be good to know. I'd buy it if it was original so I could play that version without playing my OP, but dont need it if it isnt.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Hawk123 said:

2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    What the hell are you talking about?
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    He resigned after multiple allegations of child sexual abuse. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    edited September 2017
    RS151862 said:
    I know, just not sure how my post could be interpreted as having anything to do with that.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Maybe ostentatious means something different in europe. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Yes, ostentatious means Blumpkin in Europe 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    I did not know that about Seattle's mayor. :tired_face: I definitely don't think ostentatious is the appropriate label for a child molester!!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Hahaha @ blumpkin.  I haven't given one of those in weeks.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    PJ_Soul said:
    I did not know that about Seattle's mayor. :tired_face: I definitely don't think ostentatious is the appropriate label for a child molester!!
    Dude is on a roll here lately. You, Spiritual, you need to check yo' self before you wreck yo' self.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Oh fuck, I thought "ostentatious" meant something else. 
  • Oh fuck, I thought "ostentatious" meant something else. 
    Whoops!  lol
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Oh fuck, I thought "ostentatious" meant something else. 
    Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Oh fuck, I thought "ostentatious" meant something else. 

www.cluthelee.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited September 2017
    RS151862 said:
    I know, just not sure how my post could be interpreted as having anything to do with that.
    I was at the same time reading a thread on another forum about it going from 4 to 5 accusers in that Mayor-thing. Read ostentatious as meaning "too much". Weird coincidence. 

Anyways. 

Carry on.

(Would die for one (1) Binaural. Glad it's re-released. Been close to paying absurd amounts for it through the years)
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    The Hip store is also selling the empty vinyl box. For $89.99 CDN.
    • The Tragically Hip - The Complete Collection 1987 - 2016 Vinyl Box
    • For those who have already purchased individual pieces of vinyl, you can now collect the box to house your collection.
      - Beautiful Rigid box flip top box
      - Exclusive The Tragically Hip Turntable mat
      - 24 X 36 collector`s poster

This is a pre-order product. Shipments containing this product will begin shipping November 3rd.

http://www.thehip.com/gift-shop/store/

Here's hoping the Pearl Jam empty box goes back in stock.

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    It doesn't look good for the return of the empty Pearl Jam vinyl box to be back on sale @ the 10club store. :(