Greenville 2016
(Raleigh 2016)
Columbia 2016

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    edited September 2017
    pretzels and/or bananas  
    Very solid answers.
    Glad to see that strawberries wasn't the first entry, it isn't a solid flavor combination and survives on aesthetic appeal alone.  

I really like raisins and dried blueberries with dark chocolate.

Peanuts are a solid choice as well, but almonds and chocolate don't work for me.  Almonds with vanilla, peanuts with chocolate.
    I feel like everyone in the world is always wrong and I'm always right.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Well, the MMJ choco-covered blueberries are one of my go-to's.

Love Raisinettes.

But...what form of chocolate are we talking about?

Sludgy fudge on ice cream?  Yes!

Over bacon?  (I've yet to try this but sounds fantastic.)
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Almonds, peanuts and pretzels for sure. And Reese's has done quite well for itself covering peanut butter in chocolate over the years.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    This is the best answer.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I'm not a big fan of chocolate covered stuff.  Not a big fan of chocolate in general, honestly.  But I'd have to go with pretzels here.
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    The chocolate-peppermint pretzels that come out around the holidays are like crack, crazy addictive.

I'll go with almonds, more specifically marzipan or almond butter (for those of us who can't eat peanut butter cookies). I can't keep Ritter Sport marzipan bars in my house -- mainly because, if I buy them, they're gone before I get home.

My runner-up would be dried cherries.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,438
    Anything peanut butter
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    The chocolate-peppermint pretzels that come out around the holidays are like crack, crazy addictive.

Absolutely yes!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Rump roast
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonist said:

Over bacon?  (I've yet to try this but sounds fantastic.)
    I have tried (milk) chocolate covered bacon both when the bacon is crispy and when it is more chewy. I love them both separately, but I really wasn't a big fan of them together in either form. 

I will add that potato chips are great covered and even better when it is dark chocolate. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Big yes to potato chips.
    Ritz Crackers, Oreos
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2017
    I've tried chocolate covered ants. They were fine, but maybe only because ants are small enough that the chocolate just completely overpowered whatever flavour the ants might have had. I still don't know what ants taste like.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    I've tried chocolate covered ants. They were fine, but maybe only because ants are small enough that the chocolate just completely overpowered whatever flavour the ants might have had. I still don't know what ants taste like.
    If you're that curious, a fairly simple solution exists.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • PJ_Soul said:
    Chocolate covered scorpions were a little strange. Fun experience, but nothing I would keep around to snack on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    You know, I think I can live with never finding out, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    dankind said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    You know, I think I can live with never finding out, lol.
    I've had 'em in my ramen noodles a bunch of times, but similar to your experience with the chocolate, the seasoning overpowered the flavor of the ants.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Dark chocolate covered raisins and almonds
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    BLACK35 said:
    Anything peanut butter
    Yes
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    can chocolate be an answer?  :lol:

pretzels for me

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited September 2017
    It's probably caramel for me. The chewy kind especially, but whatever. Also, chocolate covered cheesecake. :how_interesting:

Speaking of peanut butter and pretzels and chocolate, President's Choice makes these peanut butter-filled pretzels covered in chocolate. They come in a tub. :bow:
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    edited September 2017
    chocolate covered pretzels/peanuts (maybe add some coconut flakes) combo mixture or just chocolate covered peanuts or just chocolate covered pretzels works. chocolate covered raisins are quite tasty. chocolate & peanut butter drizzled popcorn is unreal.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Eggs
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Pretzels, with a good sea salt on top.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    This is the best answer.
    Just had a couple.  Must pass it on :innocent:
    hedonist said:
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    This is the best answer.
    Just had a couple.  Must pass it on :innocent:

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Years ago some people who had me over served chocolate fondue.  I remember it was delicious but I can't for the life of me remember what we dipped into that melted chocolate.

When I was a kid, visitors to the Hershey's Chocolate Factory in Hershey, PA were actually allowed to tour the factory (now days it's just a fake tour and comparatively disappointing).  The plant had these massive stainless steel vats with giant motorized blades turning through the melted chocolate.  It was awesome.  Later that night, I had a dream that I was at a swimming pool that was full of chocolate that you could swim through and eat while swimming.  Marvelous!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    brianlux said:
    Years ago some people who had me over served chocolate fondue.  I remember it was delicious but I can't for the life of me remember what we dipped into that melted chocolate.

When I was a kid, visitors to the Hershey's Chocolate Factory in Hershey, PA were actually allowed to tour the factory (now days it's just a fake tour and comparatively disappointing).  The plant had these massive stainless steel vats with giant motorized blades turning through the melted chocolate.  It was awesome.  Later that night, I had a dream that I was at a swimming pool that was full of chocolate that you could swim through and eat while swimming.  Marvelous!
    I just woke up from that exact same dream.

And it was cucumbers that you dipped in chocolate.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    brianlux said:

Augustus, that you?

Image result for augustus gloop gif
  • Stoner balls !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Don't cover your significant other in chocolate.