2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    MedozK said:
    The bis sell off for OG records has begun!

I will be buying copies of Binaural very soon!
    The only OG pressings that should be sold are those that are beat all to hell.
    Anyone getting rid of a nice 1st pressings for the reissues should think twice.
    I prefer to keep both.  I tend to like the originals more, but I need reissues so I don't wear down the originals as much..... maybe I should of bought the box to house all my reissues.. lol.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Zod said:
    MedozK said:
    The bis sell off for OG records has begun!

I will be buying copies of Binaural very soon!
    The only OG pressings that should be sold are those that are beat all to hell.
    Anyone getting rid of a nice 1st pressings for the reissues should think twice.
    I prefer to keep both.  I tend to like the originals more, but I need reissues so I don't wear down the originals as much..... maybe I should of bought the box to house all my reissues.. lol.
    I actually bought the box to house my OGs in.
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    AndySlash said:
    on2legs said:
    ***Head's up - you can now add OG Ten with the other pre-sale albums to combine into a single shipment!***

Kind of glad the box set and the empty box sold out - I was going back and forth on it, as all I really needed was Avocado, Riot Act, Binaural, and thought I'd pick up OG Ten as well. When I spend more than 30 minutes thinking about it, it probably wasn't meant to be. $166 for the 4 albums + the 6 reissues singles shipped...I can live with that. :)
    Is this really an OG Ten? 
    since its a presale, i ASSume it is a repress of the original mix (not the 2009 o'brien mix) and not an 'og ten' in the sense it's existing stock of a pressing from way back when. i also ASSume it is a repress of the 2009 remaster, and not the original master. this is information that would be helpful to know definitively...
    Yeah, I kind of assumed the same thing, although I could have sworn when the Ten Presale first went up it had "OG" in the description.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    AndySlash said:
    on2legs said:
    ***Head's up - you can now add OG Ten with the other pre-sale albums to combine into a single shipment!***

Kind of glad the box set and the empty box sold out - I was going back and forth on it, as all I really needed was Avocado, Riot Act, Binaural, and thought I'd pick up OG Ten as well. When I spend more than 30 minutes thinking about it, it probably wasn't meant to be. $166 for the 4 albums + the 6 reissues singles shipped...I can live with that. :)
    Is this really an OG Ten? 
    since its a presale, i ASSume it is a repress of the original mix (not the 2009 o'brien mix) and not an 'og ten' in the sense it's existing stock of a pressing from way back when. i also ASSume it is a repress of the 2009 remaster, and not the original master. this is information that would be helpful to know definitively...
    Yeah, I kind of assumed the same thing, although I could have sworn when the Ten Presale first went up it had "OG" in the description.
    it definitely did. it now says 'original mix' instead.
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 235
    Bought the box only (along with Binaural, Riot Act, and Avocado). No Code better fit in that box...
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    So just the box is sold out too? Was this limited too? Thought about buying it but was hesitant because that money could go elsewhere. Eh, no biggie.
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    I am so glad this dropped while I was flying back home. I would have probably bought it and kicked myself later for throwing $300+ away.
  • DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    The stand alone box better be different than the box that contains all the records.

In all seriousness I hope the stand alone box comes back in stock.
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    It doesn't really make any sense for the empty box to be sold out, especially as it wasn't listed as limited. I hope it's back in the shop soon, I was too slow to make my mind up on this.

It's a great business plan if you can offer an empty box for $45 knowing that people will jump at the chance to get one!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    The empty box has been taken down again from the store. :(
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    I have some empty boxes in my garage... various sizes too.  PM if you're  interested. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    on2legs said:
    I have some empty boxes in my garage... various sizes too.  PM if you're  interested. 
    Pm sent
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Thanks so much for the heads up...
    contacted 10 Club Shipping and they were able to add a copy to my previous order!! :plus_one:

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    on2legs said:
    Are they sealed?  Any corner dings?  Any signed by the band?  Variant colors?
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    on2legs said:
    Will you provide a COA?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legs said:
    Are they numbered?
  • jazzbo26jazzbo26 Framingham, MA Posts: 674
    PB11041 said:
    wnh1977 said:
    Zod said:
    marjen said:
    Man I now have to wonder, with this box set coming out for "all" their studio albums, plus the book that was released recently with lyrics to "all' their albums, I am really starting to think they are done putting out new music together. Its really starting to look like it. :(
    I think new musical output will be further between, but I don't think they're done yet.   There's been a few slips that the band has been in the process of writing songs.   I think they'll make a new album.  I get the feeling they were starting to work on it when Chris Cornell passed away :(  I think that probably delayed whatever album/touring plans they might of had.

I think what keeps the band together is only recording/touring when all the members are ready to so.   I think some band members might be more eager than others (hence why some of them starting doing side projects when they get the itch).   It means the band moves at a slower pace, but I think they'll still move.   Kind of like the Stones or other bands with really long careers.  They tour a little here or there, drop and album few and far between, but they keep on trucking.
    Yes, keep the name alive to continue to keep the cash coming in.  If two very safe albums in the last decade, that happen to fall at the bottom of most fan lists, aren't an indication that this band's creative peak and hunger are over, I have several other examples I can provide you.  The aforementioned vinyl box set, lyric book and an array of other nostalgia-related releases (Ten re-release, Vs./Vitalogy re-release, PJ20, etc.) over the past few years should clearly tell you what is going on with this band.  

They're a part-time band that still puts on a great live show... and they put out a hell of a lot of merchandise that their most fervent fans continue to lap up.  Unfortunately, Eddie's bullshit comments around PJ20, and during the Hall of Fame speech too, about being tired of looking back and being excited about future creations falls empty and flat.  Give me bands like Queens of the Stone Age or Radiohead that are still making interesting new material and are still relevant.  It's disappointing, but this is how I feel at this stage of the game.  
    Radiohead has made 9 studio albums.  They last released a record in 2016 and before that 2011.  Now you certainly may find their material more interesting, albeit that is subjective, but they are certainly not churning out the new material any faster than Pearl Jam.
    Pearl Jam released records in 1991, 93, 94, 96, 98, 2000, 2002, 2006, 2009 and 2013.  Currently this is the longest period of time the band has gone without putting out a record of entirely new material.   That is to say, 4 years, which is less than the 5 years and 2 months than the very prolific Radiohead gap.

Queens went almost exactly 6 years between releases at one point. So again, subjectively, perhaps the material is more interesting, but they are hardly generating a tidal wave of new sounds.
    Tool
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    I pm'd first, get off my shit people.  Gimme those boxes.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I pm'd first, get off my shit people.  Gimme those boxes.
    No secret auctions for these boxes.  Post a price OP or this will get shut down!!  :rofl:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    derbydave said:

Thanks so much for the heads up...
    contacted 10 Club Shipping and they were able to add a copy to my previous order!! :plus_one:

Cool beans! :)
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • bizarre! they take down the empty box listing but leave the also sold out boxset  up. and continue to list the soldier field vault as they have a few pre sale copies left.... which wont be shipped til dec/jan. 
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    rb173565 said:
    bizarre! they take down the empty box listing but leave the also sold out boxset  up. and continue to list the soldier field vault as they have a few pre sale copies left.... which wont be shipped til dec/jan. 
    Again, the text under the complete box set actually states: "Sorry, we are currently out of stock."
    To me, that differs from saying "Sold Out".
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    shecky said:
    rb173565 said:
    bizarre! they take down the empty box listing but leave the also sold out boxset  up. and continue to list the soldier field vault as they have a few pre sale copies left.... which wont be shipped til dec/jan. 
    Again, the text under the complete box set actually states: "Sorry, we are currently out of stock."
    To me, that differs from saying "Sold Out".
    As of yesterday the plain box stated the same exact thing, then went poof....
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    And the box set is gone from the store
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Did the plain box stated limited?  I hadn't noticed that so figured I had plenty of time to order.  Was really looking forward to having the box on the shelf next to the Super Deluxe Editions from before.
    YoungJam35
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    PSUS2H said:

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Did the plain box stated limited?  I hadn't noticed that so figured I had plenty of time to order.  Was really looking forward to having the box on the shelf next to the Super Deluxe Editions from before.
    No
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    PSUS2H said:

• whoyouare72whoyouare72 Chicago IL Posts: 2,067
    edited September 2017
  • ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    I had a thought while on the treadmill today (not sure if it's been said already).

Could it be that they originally ordered 1000 of the box set but decided to drop it to 500, thus leaving 500 empty boxes to sell.
    Since the empties sold so fast and there are so many wanting it maybe they will order another run...we can only hope!