Options

Chris Cornell Scream

BH304897BH304897 Posts: 137
Just wanted to mention that this is one of the most underrated albums out there. I get why a lot of people didn't dig it becau it's different but I saw Cornell 4 times and still lament about missing this tour. He went out on a limb and the music, although different was good. An underappreciated album I personally think. 

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,929
    BH304897 said:
    Just wanted to mention that this is one of the most underrated albums out there. I get why a lot of people didn't dig it becau it's different but I saw Cornell 4 times and still lament about missing this tour. He went out on a limb and the music, although different was good. An underappreciated album I personally think. 
    I agree. 

I listened to this alot when it came out. And me and my then GF used to quote "part of me" all the time. 

It was a cool experiment with a bunch of strong songs.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    rw160510rw160510 Posts: 909
    I completely agree. It's full of strong songs. I guess the production put a lot of people off but I think it's great. The song scream is one of my favourite things he ever recorded. I was so happy to hear it live in Salford a few years ago.
  • Options
    brainofebrainofe Posts: 263
    I want to share this video I took at a Chris Cornell concert back in 2009. I believe he was on tour promoting his solo album, "Scream." But anyway, in the video Chris notices a little girl caught up in the pit, so he stops the show to make sure she's okay and brings her to safety. This just goes to show what a good person he was and how much the world is going to miss him.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqKTZSXlbx0&feature=youtu.be  
    Down in the hole, Jesus tries to crack a smile beneath another shovel load.
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    rw160510 said:
    I completely agree. It's full of strong songs. I guess the production put a lot of people off but I think it's great. The song scream is one of my favourite things he ever recorded. I was so happy to hear it live in Salford a few years ago.
    "I hear ya, I hear ya!"
  • Options
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,929
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ^ It sure does.  :)

* Side note * I love the transition on the album from Long Gone to Scream. It sounds really cool when blasted.

And I just have to give Take Me Alive an honorable mention. That's just such a trippy song. Reminds me of Yallah off the Page & Plant No Quarter Unleaded album.
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Love the album.